USMB Coffee Shop IV

I think I have all the dialogue and music in "Dirty Dancing" memorized. One of the all time really iconic movies. And I love the music from the 50's, 60's, 70's, and the ballads from the 80's, but that was the era that heavy metal became popular and I just never could warm up to it.

This is the kind of music that moves me, inspires me, and leaves me wanting more: (Be sure to click on the duet of "The Rose" with Naomi Judd and Bette Midler. Goose bump awesome time.)

Good night darlinks. I love you guys
And we're still keeping vigil for

Pogo and Hobbes,
Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, and Sheila's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and the Ringels in difficult transition,
Ollie and Mrs. O for a complete recovery,
GW's student/friend Sean, his injured brother, and their family,
Tresha and hubby,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
Safe travels for those traveling,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, Jughead, Sheila, and Becki and all the others who have been MIA lately. We hope everyone is okay.

img_0322.png

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
Good morning everybody. It's Thursday and the sun is shining. And yeah, Sarah, it was sort of a walk down memory lane last night music wise. Sometimes music really is a balm for the soul. I have been pleased that some melody is slowly and gradually working its way back into modern day music--for so long a time there was no melody, no style, no emotion, just tuneless noise to a beat. Even country music was corrupted. I refused to listen to it or buy it. But maybe the worm is turning. We can hope.

Good morning everybody. It's Thursday and the sun is shining. And yeah, Sarah, it was sort of a walk down memory lane last night music wise. Sometimes music really is a balm for the soul. I have been pleased that some melody is slowly and gradually working its way back into modern day music--for so long a time there was no melody, no style, no emotion, just tuneless noise to a beat. Even country music was corrupted. I refused to listen to it or buy it. But maybe the worm is turning. We can hope.
You should try Spotify. There are both free version and various pay versions. You can choose from a gazillion songs and create your own listening streams Music for everyone - Spotify

I got it for my husband three years ago and it's his favorite gift I ever gave him. I only pay $5 a month for no commercials. For $10 than one person can listen at the same time.

Last edited:
You should try Spotify. There are both free version and various pay versions. You can choose from a gazillion songs and create your own listening streams Music for everyone - Spotify

I got it for my husband three years ago and it's his favorite gift I ever gave him. I only pay $5 a month for no commercials. For $10 more than one person can listen at the same time.

I have a couple of on line sites I can access that pretty much gives me any kind of music I want to listen to for free. AOL radio is great--all the great artists pretty much for all time is there and you can turn on music from just about any era and enjoy an endless stream. I was unfamiliar with Spotify though and will check it out.

Nobody puts baby in the corner!
Good Morning! Boy some of you were up all night dirty dancing and playing loud music...

:)

MV5BMTI3OTM0NjY0MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTY2ODIzMw@@._V1_SY100_CR24,0,100,100_AL_.jpg

Nobody puts Baby in the corner. lol

I'll admit, I got a little tipsy last night and jammed out to some 80's tunes.

Hey, some of us don't even need substances to make us get a little tipsy and jam out to 80s tunes! :lol:

I think I have all the dialogue and music in "Dirty Dancing" memorized. One of the all time really iconic movies. And I love the music from the 50's, 60's, 70's, and the ballads from the 80's, but that was the era that heavy metal became popular and I just never could warm up to it.

This is the kind of music that moves me, inspires me, and leaves me wanting more: (Be sure to click on the duet of "The Rose" with Naomi Judd and Bette Midler. Goose bump awesome time.)

Good night darlinks. I love you guys
And we're still keeping vigil for

Pogo and Hobbes,
Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, and Sheila's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and the Ringels in difficult transition,
Ollie and Mrs. O for a complete recovery,
GW's student/friend Sean, his injured brother, and their family,
Tresha and hubby,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
Safe travels for those traveling,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, Jughead, Sheila, and Becki and all the others who have been MIA lately. We hope everyone is okay.

img_0322.png

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Another great song from Dirty Dancing, Hungry Eyes. I love that one too!! :)

Good morning, everyone. Dark, dark. Chilly then in the sixties again. Strange fall continues.

Good morning Jakey and all coffee shoppers..:D.

Rainy here too and in the sixties but forecast for sun the next two day. :dunno: Strange weather patterns, indeed. This is November and it should be blustery and in the fifties.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
Another great song from Dirty Dancing, Hungry Eyes. I love that one too!! :)

I never saw it, but still hated it. Footloose, too.

Hard to explain why, but they just creeped me out.

You never saw "Dirty Dancing" but it creeped you out? Interesting. The movie itself wasn't the best acting and it even borders on the cheesy in a lot of respects, but there is just something about it that gets to you. You ought to see it at least once.

But yes, "Hungry Eyes" was one of the best songs from the soundtrack:

Good Morning! Boy some of you were up all night dirty dancing and playing loud music...

MV5BMTI3OTM0NjY0MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTY2ODIzMw@@._V1_SY100_CR24,0,100,100_AL_.jpg

Hey, some of us don't even need substances to make us get a little tipsy and jam out to 80s tunes! :lol:

:lol:

I was celebrating some good news and I got a bit silly last night as a result.

:lol:

I was celebrating some good news and I got a bit silly last night as a result.
You can give us your good news if you care to share it.

Forum List

Back