USMB Coffee Shop IV

What a wonderful day this has been. I ran a great deal, raked all the leaves, and made a marvelous pot of chicken noodle soup to welcome the brisk weather. Woot!

I think we might have some leaves that blew in from neighbor's trees. We no longer have a tree that sheds leaves ourselves.

Tonight we had Asian orange chicken tempura, broccoli, and spiced pineapple on rice. And it was good. But chicken soup sounds really really good too.

I had General Tso's chicken for the first time a week or so ago, and I loved it! It was one of the most delicious chicken meals I've ever had! :)
General Tso's is my favorite but it has to be prepared properly, not too sweet and very much extra spicy. Some places make it way too sweet with very little spice to it, haven't had a good General Tso's since coming out west.

Well, I just bought a seasoning packet in the store and made it at home. I'm sure you could make it yourself if you wanted to, and then you can adjust the recipe to suit your own tastes. :) I plan on making it myself next time I have it.

What a wonderful day this has been. I ran a great deal, raked all the leaves, and made a marvelous pot of chicken noodle soup to welcome the brisk weather. Woot!

I think we might have some leaves that blew in from neighbor's trees. We no longer have a tree that sheds leaves ourselves.

Tonight we had Asian orange chicken tempura, broccoli, and spiced pineapple on rice. And it was good. But chicken soup sounds really really good too.

I had General Tso's chicken for the first time a week or so ago, and I loved it! It was one of the most delicious chicken meals I've ever had! :)

Wow, you're life has forever been changed. lol. I've pigged out on that dish more times then I care to admit. There is super cute mom and pop type place near my house and I order from them often. I am wild about overly spicy food and she does not disappoint. Every Christmas she gives me a case of Korean Pears because I shovels the snow off their walks.

OMG! It was so good! :tongue:

General Tso's is my favorite but it has to be prepared properly, not too sweet and very much extra spicy. Some places make it way too sweet with very little spice to it, haven't had a good General Tso's since coming out west.

Agreed. There is a fine line and some places make it far too sweet. I prefer the sweat across my brow spicy. The hotter the better for me.

Well, I just bought a seasoning packet in the store and made it at home. I'm sure you could make it yourself if you wanted to, and then you can adjust the recipe to suit your own tastes. :) I plan on making it myself next time I have it.
Probably could but too lazy........ Besides I was spoiled after eating in China Town, (down town DC) and a few 5 star Chinese restaurants in Northern Virginia.
Not to mention my senior year of HS in Taiwan......... Yeah, I'm spoiled....... :D

Agreed. There is a fine line and some places make it far too sweet. I prefer the sweat across my brow spicy. The hotter the better for me.
I would always tell the waiter/waitress; as hot as the cook likes it, yeah it would be spicy.

I like sweet with a little spicy.

Probably could but too lazy........ Besides I was spoiled after eating in China Town, (down town DC) and a few 5 star Chinese restaurants in Northern Virginia.
Not to mention my senior year of HS in Taiwan......... Yeah, I'm spoiled....... :D

I really love to cook and to experiment with making new things, so it's no chore for me! :) It's fun!

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk

I think you may have just described my personality. :badgrin:

Last edited:

I really love to cook and to experiment with making new things, so it's no chore for me! :) It's fun!
Me too but proper GT's needs to be breaded in tempura batter, fried then have the sauce and broccoli added. The best way I ever had it was cooked in sesame oil, the second best was a little hole in the wall Chinese restaurant in Reston Virginia. With very few exceptions l aways found the best ethnic food at little mom and pop places.

Me too but proper GT's needs to be breaded in tempura batter, fried then have the sauce and broccoli added. The best way I ever had it was cooked in sesame oil, the second best was a little hole in the wall Chinese restaurant in Reston Virginia. With very few exceptions l aways found the best ethnic food at little mom and pop places.

Well, that's pretty much what I did when I made it last time. I used cornstarch and flour mixture to coat the chicken which makes it nice and crispy when fried (cornstarch seems to work well for crispy chicken). Then I added the seasonings. It came out great! :) I had snap peas and carrots with mine, but broccoli sounds like it would be delicious too; the florets, no stems. Lol. I hate the stems of the broccoli.

Came home from work to this today

3414-1415235174-9f5824f478249042dd7be3f1e50bdfcf.jpg

Husband's new rescue.
Looks Like Jasper, our oldest did when he was a kitten only Jasper had more "blue". Thought he was a Russian Blue at first.

He's adorable. He only looks blue when he's curled up. He's got a lot of cream color on his underside, and cream highlights around his facial features.

He purrs a lot, is curious and loves to be loved. It is hard to resist him, but I want to be sure he bonds with hubby. Hubby has been feeling pretty low so the last thing I want is for his new pet to bond to me instead of him.

On another positive note, he's back on the wagon a few days, and I see a new chip on his desk. I'm still ... not ready to be hopeful but not being a hostile nagging b*.

Same here. I loving playing with recipes, old and new. Give me some 80's music, a bottle wine, and my poppet in the kitchen cooking up comfort food. If heaven exists I hope it is that. lol

Yeah ... I mix it with the honey sesame chicken. Wrong, I know, but I like the sweet with the kick.

Same here. I loving playing with recipes, old and new. Give me some 80's music, a bottle wine, and my poppet in the kitchen cooking up comfort food. If heaven exists I hope it is that. lol

Sounds wonderful . . . except for maybe the 80s music. :razz:

You know what else works good for nice crispy chicken is corn flakes, boxed mashed potatoes, and also the Panko bread crumbs work great. I really like corn flakes because they seem to have a really nice flavor.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk

I think you may have just described my personality. :badgrin:

:lol: You must be yummy!

I am sucker for the 80's. I can't help it, I blame my mom.

You know what else works good for nice crispy chicken is corn flakes, boxed mashed potatoes, and also the Panko bread crumbs work great. I really like corn flakes because they seem to have a really nice flavor.
Cut chicken breast into "fingers", coat in mayo/parmesan mix, roll in ground rolled oats with Italian seasoning and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees. :thup:
My wife is allergic to wheat, makes her itch like crazy (and results in eczema) if she gets too much, so we look for alternatives to flour (and corn).

I am sucker for the 80's. I can't help it, I blame my mom.

What kind of 80s music would be the question! :D

Forum List

Back