USMB Coffee Shop IV

Well, I just bought a seasoning packet in the store and made it at home. I'm sure you could make it yourself if you wanted to, and then you can adjust the recipe to suit your own tastes. :) I plan on making it myself next time I have it.
Probably could but too lazy........ Besides I was spoiled after eating in China Town, (down town DC) and a few 5 star Chinese restaurants in Northern Virginia.
Not to mention my senior year of HS in Taiwan......... Yeah, I'm spoiled....... :D

I really love to cook and to experiment with making new things, so it's no chore for me! :) It's fun!
Me too but proper GT's needs to be breaded in tempura batter, fried then have the sauce and broccoli added. The best way I ever had it was cooked in sesame oil, the second best was a little hole in the wall Chinese restaurant in Reston Virginia. With very few exceptions l aways found the best ethnic food at little mom and pop places.

You know what else works good for nice crispy chicken is corn flakes, boxed mashed potatoes, and also the Panko bread crumbs work great. I really like corn flakes because they seem to have a really nice flavor.
Cut chicken breast into "fingers", coat in mayo/parmesan mix, roll in ground rolled oats with Italian seasoning and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees. :thup:
My wife is allergic to wheat, makes her itch like crazy (and results in eczema) if she gets too much, so we look for alternatives to flour (and corn).

That sounds interesting. I'll have to try it! :)

Probably could but too lazy........ Besides I was spoiled after eating in China Town, (down town DC) and a few 5 star Chinese restaurants in Northern Virginia.
Not to mention my senior year of HS in Taiwan......... Yeah, I'm spoiled....... :D

I really love to cook and to experiment with making new things, so it's no chore for me! :) It's fun!

Same here. I loving playing with recipes, old and new. Give me some 80's music, a bottle wine, and my poppet in the kitchen cooking up comfort food. If heaven exists I hope it is that. lol

Sounds wonderful . . . except for maybe the 80s music. :razz:

I am sucker for the 80's. I can't help it, I blame my mom.

What kind of 80s music would be the question! :D

Glam rock, of course! And the Bangles.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk

Same here. I loving playing with recipes, old and new. Give me some 80's music, a bottle wine, and my poppet in the kitchen cooking up comfort food. If heaven exists I hope it is that. lol

Sounds wonderful . . . except for maybe the 80s music. :razz:

I am sucker for the 80's. I can't help it, I blame my mom.

What kind of 80s music would be the question! :D

Glam rock, of course! And the Bangles.

Lol! :rock:

The only Cyndi Lauper song I enjoy is Time After Time.

But how about this? From one of the two first albums I ever owned :

The other album was Prince's Purple Rain. Unfortunately, it appears a lot of 80s music I listened to is unavailable on Youtube. :lol:

I like Prince's Purple Rain. There are a lot of good songs on that album. I've heard that he has all of his videos on YouTube deleted, but you can see Purple Rain video here. :) Great song!

Prince - Purple Rain 1984 complete video

The only Cyndi Lauper song I enjoy is Time After Time.

But how about this? From one of the two first albums I ever owned :

The other album was Prince's Purple Rain. Unfortunately, it appears a lot of 80s music I listened to is unavailable on Youtube. :lol:

Love it! They came here ages ago when I was a poppet and they signed my Pittsburgh Zoo hat. I still have it. lol.

If you don't give a damn what I think, why bother replying?
Because it's obvious you wouldn't know I didn't give a damn unless I told you.

One can tell the truth and remain polite. It's not the truth or falsity of anything you're saying that's at issue, it's the callousness of it.
Well isn't that interesting... because I think if someone knows they're putting the life of a pet in danger when they let it outside because it has a known propensity for stranding itself high up in tress for days is callousness too.

Sometimes the truth kinda just walks up to you and smacks you in the face... it just happens, because there's no other way some will admit it. You then either deal with it, or pretend you can't see it.

I think this one is from the 80s too. I saw the movie; I'm just not sure when it was made. Lol. Anyway, I really like this song, and it's by Patrick Swayze! I was surprised to learn he sang this song. Anyway, I think it's very beautiful. I love dancing, and I loved the movie Dirty Dancing.

Forum List

Back