USMB Coffee Shop IV

Bright and sunny here this morning, but chilly in the low 20s. We haven't gotten hardly any snow at all this year, but I think we are expected to get some this week some time but only a couple of inches. Last winter, we were literally bombarded with the stuff. At this time last year, there were huge snow banks all over the place! I'm not really that sorry because the snow tends to make everything that you have to do more difficult and time consuming.
Sunny here, too, but single digit temps. Girls gotmhot mash for breakfast this morning.

You're in Alaska you said, didn't you? Is it dark there during the day at this time of year? When does that happen and for how long does it last?
Sunrise in these parts right now is about 9:41 am, sunset: about 4:40 pm. The temps have been in the teens the past day and it's snowing right now.
You should check out that Wild West Guns joint in Anchorage before you ever depart Alaska... say hi to Phred...

Wild West Alaska Facebook
I am familiar with Wild West. Used to be a frequent customer. This is a small community, so everyone kinda knows everyone else. Will do, pard.
You do realize there's a tv show about that place, right?

Wild West Alaska Discovery

Is it wrong that I feel this way a lot? :)

funny-cartoons-funny-cartoon-pictures-with-captions-37-48-funny-cartoon-pictures-with-captions.jpg

I can't see the picture, so I have no idea. I seem to be having a problem with the pictures coming out looking like little green boxes.
click on "Reply" and it will show up. Happens once in a while.

The EAGLE... has LANDED...

But, but....it's so...small....(that's what she said!)
Got the mower deck dropped off it today, and the portable garage put up, and it's in it's new temporary home for what's left of the winter. It's supposed to snow a little tonight. I'm curious how it pushes snow. I got chains with it and wonder if I need them because this sum'bitch is big, contrary to "what she said"... ;)

Got the mower deck dropped off it today, and the portable garage put up, and it's in it's new temporary home for what's left of the winter. It's supposed to snow a little tonight. I'm curious how it pushes snow. I got chains with it and wonder if I need them because this sum'bitch is big, contrary to "what she said"... ;)
You may want wheel weights or you could fill the tires with antifreeze/water mix. Then again, if you're a 200 pounder, you might do OK.
Just remember that you have more horsepower than traction.

has anyone heard anything from 'becki?

No. I have sent several e-mails w/no response. Also several PMs in case she had changed her e-mail address. No response. Because she was just not the type to up and leave without saying anything to anybody, I am terribly afraid something terrible must have happened. But I remain hopeful.

Didn't she say she has cancer? or maybe I'm thinking of someone else.
I don't remember exactly what she had but I know she had a lot of health issues and that her time could come at anytime.

Becki had fibromyalgia which can be both painful and debilitating and there is no known cure, but it generally is not fatal. Sunshine had pulmonary hypertension which is very serious.

You may want wheel weights or you could fill the tires with antifreeze/water mix. Then again, if you're a 200 pounder, you might do OK.
Just remember that you have more horsepower than traction.
John Deere has this system for the back called Click-N-Go. If I need weight in the back that's what I'll add. It's a bolt on system with a pin bracket for implements, and then pin on a weight bracket to add 43 pound suit case steel weights. The bracket will hold a total of six weights. I don't think I'll need it. The machine is a huge beast. It's hard to tell how big this thing is by itself. I'll have to stand by it or something for scale. The back of the seat nearly comes up to my chest. But I'll never be pushing that much with it, and the little red button on the left floor board is a differential lock. That with chains is all I think it would ever need. But, we'll see. Gotta get some snow to push first. Ain't prayin' for that thought. I'm loving this mild winter so far.

Last edited:
Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Sheila and Hombre's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and the Ringels in difficult transition,
Ollie and Mrs. O for a complete recovery,
GW's daughter's friend Sachenda,
Ernie's friend and colleague Max and Mrs. Ernie,
Boedicca's mom for healing and relief from pain,
Foxfyre's Aunt Betty,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Ernie,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
Safe travels for those traveling,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, Jughead, Sheila, and Becki and all the others who have been MIA lately. We hope everyone is okay.

nature-landscapes_widewallpaper_winter-light_16627.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

It's cold here 20 right now, suppose to get up to 57. :)

Fridays smile !

well-damn.jpg

:lmao:
20 is cold. I heard you all are getting flood warnings. Been raining a lot?

Not in my neck of the woods.
It's all up north of us near Phx.
It got down to 18 last night. :)
We've been hanging around 18 the past few days. It's been snowing off-n-on, too. We've gotten a whole 5-6 inches!!!

We haven't even gotten THAT much snow yet this year. Friday night and Saturday morning is the most accumulation we've gotten so far, and that was only a few inches.

Is it wrong that I feel this way a lot? :)

funny-cartoons-funny-cartoon-pictures-with-captions-37-48-funny-cartoon-pictures-with-captions.jpg

I can't see the picture, so I have no idea. I seem to be having a problem with the pictures coming out looking like little green boxes.
click on "Reply" and it will show up. Happens once in a while.

Even when I replied, I still couldn't see this one. Lol. Oh well. I think some have a copyright and they delete themselves or something. Maybe they self destruct or something? :D

No. I have sent several e-mails w/no response. Also several PMs in case she had changed her e-mail address. No response. Because she was just not the type to up and leave without saying anything to anybody, I am terribly afraid something terrible must have happened. But I remain hopeful.

I don't remember exactly what she had but I know she had a lot of health issues and that her time could come at anytime.

Becki had fibromyalgia which can be both painful and debilitating and there is no known cure, but it generally is not fatal. Sunshine had pulmonary hypertension which is very serious.
Okay, I had Becki and Sunshine mixed up. :thup:

Sunshine, another poster I miss. Glad you are back 007. I was going to buy a large two stage snow blower for the season, but figured if I did we would have a mild winter, so far it is a light snow season. I want a good return on investment if I spend the money. Maybe they will go on sale this Spring? John Deere makes some good equipment, you will be pleased when the storm shows up.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: 007

that's really sad, to have a friend that you've become attached to online disappear. Sorry guys. Even though I never had the pleasure to meet becki, she must have been a really great person to leave such an impression on everyone, and I hope she's okay and perhaps just dealing with some personal issues or something.

Just saw this........ :lmao:

New Security Levels

The English are feeling the pinch in relation to recent terrorist threats and have therefore raised their security level from “Miffed” to “Peeved.” Soon, though security levels may be raised yet again to “Irritated” or even “A Bit Cross.” The English have not been “A Bit Cross” since the blitz in 1940 when tea supplies nearly ran out. Terrorists have been re-categorized from “Tiresome” to “A Bloody Nuisance.” The last time the British issued a “Bloody Nuisance” warning level was in 1588, when threatened by the Spanish Armada.

The Scots have raised their threat level from “Pissed Off” to “Let’s get the Bastards.” They don’t have any other levels. This is the reason they have been used on the front line of the British army for the last 300 years.

The French government announced yesterday that it has raised its terror alert level from “Run” to “Hide.” The only two higher levels in France are “Collaborate” and “Surrender.” The rise was precipitated by a recent fire that destroyed France ‘s white flag factory, effectively paralyzing the country’s military capability.

Italy has increased the alert level from “Shout Loudly and Excitedly” to “Elaborate Military Posturing.” Two more levels remain: “Ineffective Combat Operations” and “Change Sides.”

The Germans have increased their alert state from “Disdainful Arrogance” to “Dress in Uniform and Sing Marching Songs.” They also have two higher levels: “Invade a Neighbor” and “Lose.”

Belgians, on the other hand are all on holiday as usual; the only threat they are worried about is NATO pulling out of Brussels .

The Spanish are all excited to see their new submarines ready to deploy. These beautifully designed subs have glass bottoms so the new Spanish Navy can get a really good look at the old Spanish Navy.

Australia, meanwhile, has raised its security level from, “No worries” to, “She’ll be alright, Mate.” Three more escalation levels remain: “Crikey!" "I think we’ll need to cancel the barbie this weekend” and, “The barbie is canceled.”

Just saw this........ :lmao:

New Security Levels

The English are feeling the pinch in relation to recent terrorist threats and have therefore raised their security level from “Miffed” to “Peeved.” Soon, though security levels may be raised yet again to “Irritated” or even “A Bit Cross.” The English have not been “A Bit Cross” since the blitz in 1940 when tea supplies nearly ran out. Terrorists have been re-categorized from “Tiresome” to “A Bloody Nuisance.” The last time the British issued a “Bloody Nuisance” warning level was in 1588, when threatened by the Spanish Armada.

The Scots have raised their threat level from “Pissed Off” to “Let’s get the Bastards.” They don’t have any other levels. This is the reason they have been used on the front line of the British army for the last 300 years.

The French government announced yesterday that it has raised its terror alert level from “Run” to “Hide.” The only two higher levels in France are “Collaborate” and “Surrender.” The rise was precipitated by a recent fire that destroyed France ‘s white flag factory, effectively paralyzing the country’s military capability.

Italy has increased the alert level from “Shout Loudly and Excitedly” to “Elaborate Military Posturing.” Two more levels remain: “Ineffective Combat Operations” and “Change Sides.”

The Germans have increased their alert state from “Disdainful Arrogance” to “Dress in Uniform and Sing Marching Songs.” They also have two higher levels: “Invade a Neighbor” and “Lose.”

Belgians, on the other hand are all on holiday as usual; the only threat they are worried about is NATO pulling out of Brussels .

The Spanish are all excited to see their new submarines ready to deploy. These beautifully designed subs have glass bottoms so the new Spanish Navy can get a really good look at the old Spanish Navy.

Australia, meanwhile, has raised its security level from, “No worries” to, “She’ll be alright, Mate.” Three more escalation levels remain: “Crikey!" "I think we’ll need to cancel the barbie this weekend” and, “The barbie is canceled.”

Well this certainly managed to offend just about everybody. :) (The British one was especially funny though, mostly because to us Yanks, it feels mostly true. :))

Ha-ha! I just checked my mail, and I got another copy of the census because apparently there was an error made on the last one I filled out. They have my birth date as July 4, 1776. :razz: Oh my, I look FANTASTIC for my age!

Forum List

Back