USMB Coffee Shop IV

3-250115170128-273882277.jpeg

Speaking of posters who are MIA, has anyone seen Samson around??

Been trying different cole slaw recipes, finally found one I really like, Memphis style. I changed the recipe slightly, let it marinade for an hour and...... :thup:

$50 Amazon gift card fro Christmas, so I'm trying to figure what I can actually use, but not necessarily buy myself. Ended up with a new iPhone case and holder, slippers and a LED flashlight. Now we wait a week to a month....

Been trying different cole slaw recipes, finally found one I really like, Memphis style. I changed the recipe slightly, let it marinade for an hour and...... :thup:

What's Memphis style?
The way they make it in Memphis........ :eusa_whistle:

:D

I buy the coleslaw mix (bag)
blend together :
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar (I used plain white vinegar)
1 Tbsp of brown sugar (I used Splenda)
2 tsp salt (I forgot to add this)
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp each of; dry mustard, oregano and black pepper
1/4 tsp each of ground coriander (I omitted this), onion powder and garlic powder
Mix until sugar is dissolved then add 1/2 cup mayo, mix thoroughly.
Optional: add 1 cup diced green pepper (I would use the sweet bell peppers instead) and 1 cup diced red onion.
Add bag of coleslaw mix and toss till completely coated, cover in a container and refrigerate for at least one hour.

What's Memphis style?

Maybe a hint of bourbon whiskey?

I keep thinking barbecue sauce for some reason. Memphis Barbecue. Yum. :D

Thou shalt use Sweet Baby Ray's.
Stubs or Bulls Eye........

What's Memphis style?
The way they make it in Memphis........ :eusa_whistle:

:D

I buy the coleslaw mix (bag)
blend together :
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar (I used plain white vinegar)
1 Tbsp of brown sugar (I used Splenda)
2 tsp salt (I forgot to add this)
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp each of; dry mustard, oregano and black pepper
1/4 tsp each of ground coriander (I omitted this), onion powder and garlic powder
Mix until sugar is dissolved then add 1/2 cup mayo, mix thoroughly.
Optional: add 1 cup diced green pepper (I would use the sweet bell peppers instead) and 1 cup diced red onion.
Add bag of coleslaw mix and toss till completely coated, cover in a container and refrigerate for at least one hour.

Wow, that's some fancy cole slaw! :D Sounds delicious! I would use sweet peppers too. I don't like the green peppers, I like the red ones.

Forum List

Back