USMB Coffee Shop IV

Been trying different cole slaw recipes, finally found one I really like, Memphis style. I changed the recipe slightly, let it marinade for an hour and...... :thup:

What's Memphis style?

Maybe a hint of bourbon whiskey?

I keep thinking barbecue sauce for some reason. Memphis Barbecue. Yum. :D

Thou shalt use Sweet Baby Ray's.
Stubs or Bulls Eye........

What you do at the bar is your business... ;)

Been trying different cole slaw recipes, finally found one I really like, Memphis style. I changed the recipe slightly, let it marinade for an hour and...... :thup:

What's Memphis style?
The way they make it in Memphis........ :eusa_whistle:

:D

I buy the coleslaw mix (bag)
blend together :
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar (I used plain white vinegar)
1 Tbsp of brown sugar (I used Splenda)
2 tsp salt (I forgot to add this)
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp each of; dry mustard, oregano and black pepper
1/4 tsp each of ground coriander (I omitted this), onion powder and garlic powder
Mix until sugar is dissolved then add 1/2 cup mayo, mix thoroughly.
Optional: add 1 cup diced green pepper (I would use the sweet bell peppers instead) and 1 cup diced red onion.
Add bag of coleslaw mix and toss till completely coated, cover in a container and refrigerate for at least one hour.

Wow, that's some fancy cole slaw! :D Sounds delicious! I would use sweet peppers too. I don't like the green peppers, I like the red ones.
Green peppers give me terrible heartburn. I have a recipe for sauteed cabbage with red, yellow and orange sweet peppers, red onions, yellow and green squash, garlic, salt and pepper with smoked sausage cooked in canola butter.

What's Memphis style?
The way they make it in Memphis........ :eusa_whistle:

:D

I buy the coleslaw mix (bag)
blend together :
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar (I used plain white vinegar)
1 Tbsp of brown sugar (I used Splenda)
2 tsp salt (I forgot to add this)
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp each of; dry mustard, oregano and black pepper
1/4 tsp each of ground coriander (I omitted this), onion powder and garlic powder
Mix until sugar is dissolved then add 1/2 cup mayo, mix thoroughly.
Optional: add 1 cup diced green pepper (I would use the sweet bell peppers instead) and 1 cup diced red onion.
Add bag of coleslaw mix and toss till completely coated, cover in a container and refrigerate for at least one hour.

Wow, that's some fancy cole slaw! :D Sounds delicious! I would use sweet peppers too. I don't like the green peppers, I like the red ones.
Green peppers give me terrible heartburn. I have a recipe for sauteed cabbage with red, yellow and orange sweet peppers, red onions, yellow and green squash, garlic, salt and pepper with smoked sausage cooked in canola butter.

That sounds really good.

The green peppers don't give me heartburn or anything, I just don't like them much. I like the red, orange and yellow ones though. They have a much nicer flavor, at least to me. :)

3-250115170128-273882277.jpeg

Speaking of posters who are MIA, has anyone seen Samson around??
and how is sherry doing?

I'm feeling nostalgic for old friends...good to see you, Spoon.:smiliehug:
As always, great to see you

What's Memphis style?

Maybe a hint of bourbon whiskey?

I keep thinking barbecue sauce for some reason. Memphis Barbecue. Yum. :D

Thou shalt use Sweet Baby Ray's.
Stubs or Bulls Eye........

I made an awesome cherry barbecue sauce once for ribs. It was SO good. :D

A bar will make more money off me with a good cheese and cracker over beer.

Me too. I don't like beer at all. I've tried it many times, and I just find it to be disgusting. I hardly ever drink, but when I do, I like the sweet girly drinks definitely. :D

I had one called a Jolly Rancher once, and it tasted almost exactly like a watermelon Jolly Rancher.

Me too. I don't like beer at all. I've tried it many times, and I just find it to be disgusting. I hardly ever drink, but when I do, I like the sweet girly drinks definitely. :D

I had one called a Jolly Rancher once, and it tasted almost exactly like a watermelon Jolly Rancher.

Drinks that have alcohol, but you can't taste it are the ones I like.

and how is sherry doing?

Busy posting a pic of a guy with his jeans down around his ankles last time I saw her...
but she didn't post my face right?

Does it matter now you posted this?

That's a fair point. Lol. Although we still can't see his face. :D

and how is sherry doing?

Busy posting a pic of a guy with his jeans down around his ankles last time I saw her...
but she didn't post my face right?

Does it matter now you posted this?

That's a fair point. Lol. Although we still can't see his face. :D

...or a few other parts that, if of good size, should be visible at that angle shall we say?

We serve a drink called "Sex on the Beach" you'd probably like.

Have you ever noticed younger people who have confidence and can hold a good conversation with older adults are usually smart and well mannered too?

Forum List

Back