USMB Coffee Shop IV

It's cold here 20 right now, suppose to get up to 57. :)

Fridays smile !

well-damn.jpg

:lmao:
20 is cold. I heard you all are getting flood warnings. Been raining a lot?

Not in my neck of the woods.
It's all up north of us near Phx.
It got down to 18 last night. :)
We've been hanging around 18 the past few days. It's been snowing off-n-on, too. We've gotten a whole 5-6 inches!!!

Fridays smile !

well-damn.jpg

We've been hanging around 18 the past few days. It's been snowing off-n-on, too. We've gotten a whole 5-6 inches!!!

That's why I like it here. 18 just like you without the Snow. :biggrin:

Pepsi better? Then you like really sweet stuff.
The east cost and west generally refer to soft drinks as "soda" the upper mid-west generally use "pop" and the south tend to use Coke as the generic name.

:lol: I do. I have a terrible sweet tooth! Born and raised on the East coast here! That's probably why I call it soda and not pop. :D
Even though my parents called it pop (the UP and Wisconsin) my brothers and I all call it soda, we were raised military all over the world, we military brats that traveled constantly tend to develop what is considered the typical (most common) American accent, Midwestern.
I was checking out in an old time, western clothing shop called "The Red Garter" in Virginia City, NV, and the the store owner, John, RIP, said "where's that accent from?" Surprised I said, "what accent? I don't have any accent." He then blurted out "Wisconsin." I couldn't believe that someone thought I had an accent, and then could even tell me where from.

My ex-boyfriend went to do a job in California. He's from Massachusetts too, and everyone apparently thought he was from Australia. And when he said he was going "shock fishing" (shark fishing - lol), nobody had a CLUE what he was talking about. :lol:

Hombre was born and raised in West Texas, but lost a lot of his West Texas dialect when we moved to New Mexico, then to Kansas, and back to New Mexico. But it is still detectable especially on the telephone or on recordings. And he still rides 'harses' :)
No one ever guesses I was born and raised in Nawth Cahrahlihna. Maybe having learned two foreign languages helped eliminate that stigma?

The east cost and west generally refer to soft drinks as "soda" the upper mid-west generally use "pop" and the south tend to use Coke as the generic name.

:lol: I do. I have a terrible sweet tooth! Born and raised on the East coast here! That's probably why I call it soda and not pop. :D
Even though my parents called it pop (the UP and Wisconsin) my brothers and I all call it soda, we were raised military all over the world, we military brats that traveled constantly tend to develop what is considered the typical (most common) American accent, Midwestern.
I was checking out in an old time, western clothing shop called "The Red Garter" in Virginia City, NV, and the the store owner, John, RIP, said "where's that accent from?" Surprised I said, "what accent? I don't have any accent." He then blurted out "Wisconsin." I couldn't believe that someone thought I had an accent, and then could even tell me where from.

I think Wisconin people do have a identifiable distinct tonal inflection. I can almost always spot a Dallas accent too among all the various Texas dialects--east Texans speak differently than west Texans. And Dallas has an accent all its own.
It's like that in Bal'more (Baltimore), they have a distinctive accent but those in Essex have an even "harder" accent.
Hardest accent I've encountered were my cousins from South Jersey...actually, Philly.

Fridays smile !

well-damn.jpg

We actually appreciate the insulating effects of snow, keeps the pipes from freezing.

Well, we finally go some snow. I had to take my laptop to the laptop doctor. Apparently, my anti-virus program was attacked by a virus. Working well now, and it didn't manage to eat my Xcel program.
I took in another kitty last week. Her sister died, and she disliked the dog, so she was spending all her time hiding in the basement. When I initially introduced her to my "fur-fam", four of them were like "meh". But Sherman decided to torture the hell out of her. Sierra is a super friendly kitty, but Sherman has decided to be a total butthole about the situation. I'll give them a few weeks before Sierra has to find another home. Right now, she's sitting next to me, purring her butt off.

Fridays smile !

well-damn.jpg

We actually appreciate the insulating effects of snow, keeps the pipes from freezing.

We insulate our outside pipes too, but we don't have to shovel snow.

has anyone heard anything from 'becki?

No. I have sent several e-mails w/no response. Also several PMs in case she had changed her e-mail address. No response. Because she was just not the type to up and leave without saying anything to anybody, I am terribly afraid something terrible must have happened. But I remain hopeful.

No. I have sent several e-mails w/no response. Also several PMs in case she had changed her e-mail address. No response. Because she was just not the type to up and leave without saying anything to anybody, I am terribly afraid something terrible must have happened. But I remain hopeful.

Didn't she say she has cancer? or maybe I'm thinking of someone else.

Didn't she say she has cancer? or maybe I'm thinking of someone else.
I don't remember exactly what she had but I know she had a lot of health issues and that her time could come at anytime.

We say soda around here. Why Coke? Why not Pepsi? :D I like Pepsi better.

I think Wisconin people do have a identifiable distinct tonal inflection. I can almost always spot a Dallas accent too among all the various Texas dialects--east Texans speak differently than west Texans. And Dallas has an accent all its own.
Oh what naow... you don't say, AYE... ;)

God I've really missed the cool chat in here.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back