USMB Coffee Shop IV

I was hoping I would be your Valentine!

iu

I like hugging snuggly bears.;)

Maybe you'll get one of those giant teddy bears! ROFL.. :D

Seriously would you want one of those? I love the Vermont Teddy Bear commercials but really, how much space do you want to give up to a giant teddy bear?

Me? Nooooo. Sherry is the one who said she likes hugging snuggly bears. :D

I think she likes her snuggly bear to be a special person. :)

It was a joke. :D I don't know anything about Sherry's personal life.

Seriously would you want one of those? I love the Vermont Teddy Bear commercials but really, how much space do you want to give up to a giant teddy bear?

I think she likes her snuggly bear to be a special person. :)

It was a joke. :D I don't know anything about Sherry's personal life.

I know. Just having fun here.

Morning

Our winds finally died down around 4 p.m. yesterday.
We had maybe 3 or 4 very huge gusts that might have been around 70 or 75 mpr but most were all around 35. Those few big ones was rather scary, it shook the whole house and windows and doors but it did not last very long. We lost a few roof tiles and they need replacing. Neighbors who had real old tiles lost a whole bunch of them.
Our two metal sheds did really well in holding up.
Other than roof tiles getting blow-en off, we all seemed to get through it well.
Everybody have a Great Weekend.

Morning

Our winds finally died down around 4 p.m. yesterday.
We had maybe 3 or 4 very huge gusts that might have been around 70 or 75 mpr but most were all around 35. Those few big ones was rather scary, it shook the whole house and windows and doors but it did not last very long. We lost a few roof tiles and they need replacing. Neighbors who had real old tiles lost a whole bunch of them.
Our two metal sheds did really well in holding up.
Other than roof tiles getting blow-en off, we all seemed to get through it well.
Everybody have a Great Weekend.

Hope you called your insurance company to have an adjuster look at your roof, Peach. If some tiles were blown off, others can be compromised, and that is covered by your Homeowner's insurance minus the deductible. Of course if the cost to repair the damage is under the deductible, then oh well. But it can't hurt and won't cost you anything to have it checked by a professional.

My cabinet maker/wood worker says the stock for making the bed:

resize

has been selected and is warming up inside his work shop as we speak. It's going to be poplar, like the chest of drawers. But I decided not to include the tester (the frame a canopy would be suspended from), so no canopy for Nosmo. The price of the tester was just too much for an option. I also decided on a finish for the bed. No, Ringel, I'm not going to paint it. Instead, I chose a dark chestnut gel stain and a satin polyurethane finish. I kicked around the notion of tung oil, but the drying time means I might not be able to make the bed until sometime in late April. Plus, tung oil does not wear well. I even ordered the bed bolt covers (notice them near the bottom of the posts where the posts and rails come together).

I now have so many project at once I'll probably need more long weekends to get them all finished.

Heading out after work tomorrow to spend the weekend with my Valentine...catch up with you guys later.:)

9a3bce883df887121acb2f3701fdd28a.jpg

iu

She was just being nice to me, I'm the resident fuzzy bear. ;) Or at least, the resident fuzzy bear avi wearer! I'm not actually very bear-like as a person. :lol:

iu

She was just being nice to me, I'm the resident fuzzy bear. ;) Or at least, the resident fuzzy bear avi wearer! I'm not actually very bear-like as a person. :lol:

I know that. :D I was only making a joke.

Well, hey, I thought it was a funny joke. I hope Sherry does to. It meant nothing. Her comment about a bear made me think of the big bears that sold out for Valentine's Day. That is all. It wasn't meant to be a snide remark.

The National Weather Service has issues a Brass Monkey warning extending from Friday afternoon through 9:00 Mondays morning. Conditions are ripe for any exposed parts of a Brass Monkey to freeze off.

Additionally, a Witch's Tit alert has been issued for the entire Tri-State Area until Monday afternoon. Conditions will be colder than the aforementioned devilish breast. Take the proper precautions to avoid feeling colder than any parts of either witches and brass monkeys.

Well, hey, I thought it was a funny joke. I hope Sherry does to. It meant nothing. Her comment about a bear made me think of the big bears that sold out for Valentine's Day. That is all. It wasn't meant to be a snide remark.

And nobody took it that way. We're joking with you yanno. :)

Well, I know I can be pretty sarcastic and snide in the political parts of the forum, but I wouldn't do that here. It was just meant to be a friendly joke. I don't want anyone to misunderstand and think I'm being a jerk in some way. :)

Well, I know I can be pretty sarcastic and snide in the political parts of the forum, but I wouldn't do that here. It was just meant to be a friendly joke. I don't want anyone to misunderstand and think I'm being a jerk in some way. :)

Naw. You have to work at it way harder than that to be a jerk in the Coffee Shop. :)

You are fine.
We know it was a joke. :biggrin:

Naw. You have to work at it way harder than that to be a jerk in the Coffee Shop. :)

I'm pretty sure some of us don't have to work hard at it at all......
*points at Ringel*

:lmao:

*points at Ringel*

Naw. Ringel is never a jerk. Weird yes. But a jerk? Never. :)

Hiya folks! You resident knight has returned!

Since I was about 9 years old, I have excelled at reproducing cels (frames) from my favorite cartoon shows. If I can meld that talent and my imagination together, who knows.

JadeHarvester Andrew N. - DeviantArt

I thought I was going nowhere in life, but then I found the one path I did not travel.

Hey TK. Long time no see. So what is the market for such art?

Well, the market...is penciling. An old fashioned No. 2 pencil, a pink eraser nugget, a pad, and a T square for the grid. I made a thread about it in the Art forums. Check it out if you have the time!

Hey this visor on my helmet makes it easy to draw straight lines!

The National Weather Service has issues a Brass Monkey warning extending from Friday afternoon through 9:00 Mondays morning. Conditions are ripe for any exposed parts of a Brass Monkey to freeze off.

Additionally, a Witch's Tit alert has been issued for the entire Tri-State Area until Monday afternoon. Conditions will be colder than the aforementioned devilish breast. Take the proper precautions to avoid feeling colder than any parts of either witches and brass monkeys.

:lol:

*points at Ringel*

I don't really have to work at it that hard. As soon as I get angry, it just comes naturally. :biggrin: Maybe I need anger control, but heck I don't get violent anyways. Lol. I just sometimes say things I might regret later on.

Forum List

Back