USMB Coffee Shop IV

I'm contemplating calling the dog pound on one of my neighbors. I hate to be "that person," but this poor little dog is outside in the snow, and it is freezing outside. The poor thing has been barking nonstop for hours (nothing new - lol, but it's COLD, and he is in the SNOW). Think I should wait a while and see if they bring him inside? Maybe they just let him out to go to the bathroom, but I know from experience that the little dog is outside all day long every day. He's only a little dog too. I'm a little worried about him, even though he annoys the crap out of me.

I'm contemplating calling the dog pound on one of my neighbors. I hate to be "that person," but this poor little dog is outside in the snow, and it is freezing outside. The poor thing has been barking nonstop for hours (nothing new - lol, but it's COLD, and he is in the SNOW). Think I should wait a while and see if they bring him inside? Maybe they just let him out to go to the bathroom, but I know from experience that the little dog is outside all day long every day. He's only a little dog too. I'm a little worried about him, even though he annoys the crap out of me.

Absolutely. Do you have a Humane Association in your part of the world? And SPCA chapter? A PETA group? Anybody who would absolutely take action? Leaving a dog poorly equipped for cold out in the cold for long periods is extremely cruel and can have a devastating affect on them if it doesn't kill them outright. It is almost as cruel as leaving them in the car in the sun in the summertime.

Absolutely. Do you have a Humane Association in your part of the world? And SPCA chapter? A PETA group? Anybody who would absolutely take action? Leaving a dog poorly equipped for cold out in the cold for long periods is extremely cruel and can have a devastating affect on them if it doesn't kill them outright. It is almost as cruel as leaving them in the car in the sun in the summertime.

I don't know. I've never called on anyone before. I would have to look it up first. I'm going to go out there right now and see if he is still out there yapping. I feel sorry for him. He's annoying, but a cute little bugger. He looks like he's a Scottish terrier or something. I'll be right back and let you know if he's still out there.

Well, he's not out there anymore. I didn't hear or see him. The first time I went out, I went right over to the fence and stood on a snow bank (it's a stockade fence), and I spoke to the dog. I said, "poor baby, look you freezing in the snow, why doesn't someone bring you in the house?" I said it pretty loudly. Maybe they heard me? :D

That dog is outside ALL day long every day yapping away. Some people just shouldn't own pets. You know, I would love to have a dog, but I realize I'm not really equipped at this point to care properly for a dog, given my current financial situation and my tiny house and yard. I work full time and don't really have time for that right now, so I don't get one. I don't know why people get animals when they know they really can't care for them properly.

ACTION ALERT!!! ACTION ALERT!!! ACTION ALERT!!!

Just a reminder fellas - Tomorrow is Valentine's Day. Do something special for your lady. I ended up just getting a card and a box of candy for Mrs. BBD plus I have a reserved table for us down at McDonald's tomorrow afternoon for an early romantic lunch. To show her I'm not a cheap skate, she can super size her whole meal if she wishes to do so.

Just a reminder fellas - Tomorrow is Valentine's Day. Do something special for your lady. I ended up just getting a card and a box of candy for Mrs. BBD plus I have a reserved table for us down at McDonald's tomorrow afternoon for an early romantic lunch. To show her I'm not a cheap skate, she can super size her whole meal if she wishes to do so.

Tomorrow is Hombre and my wedding anniversary and we do NOT celebrate it by going out on Valentine's Day. We tried that the first anniversary we moved here and after visiting about 10 different restaurants with 2 hour or more waits, we finally wound up having a French Dip at the Village Inn. They did bring us a cupcake with a candle on it to celebrate our anniversary and took our picture with a polaroid camera. :)

Foxfyre

If it happens again, and I see that poor little doggy outside for hours in the cold, I am definitely going to call somebody about it. His poor little paws must be frozen.

Good. I can't stand to see anybody, man nor beast, suffer, and to suffer needlessly is just unbearable.

:lol: Super size! How romantic!

Well, hey, I thought it was a funny joke. I hope Sherry does to. It meant nothing. Her comment about a bear made me think of the big bears that sold out for Valentine's Day. That is all. It wasn't meant to be a snide remark.

And nobody took it that way. We're joking with you yanno. :)

Well, I know I can be pretty sarcastic and snide in the political parts of the forum, but I wouldn't do that here. It was just meant to be a friendly joke. I don't want anyone to misunderstand and think I'm being a jerk in some way. :)

Naw. You have to work at it way harder than that to be a jerk in the Coffee Shop. :)
Guess she's never seen me in action........ :eusa_whistle:
:D

Well, hey, I thought it was a funny joke. I hope Sherry does to. It meant nothing. Her comment about a bear made me think of the big bears that sold out for Valentine's Day. That is all. It wasn't meant to be a snide remark.

Well, I know I can be pretty sarcastic and snide in the political parts of the forum, but I wouldn't do that here. It was just meant to be a friendly joke. I don't want anyone to misunderstand and think I'm being a jerk in some way. :)

Naw. You have to work at it way harder than that to be a jerk in the Coffee Shop. :)

I'm pretty sure some of us don't have to work hard at it at all......
*points at Ringel*

:lmao:
HEY!! I resemble that remark.......... :thup:

I'm pretty sure some of us don't have to work hard at it at all......
*points at Ringel*

:lmao:

Naw. Ringel is never a jerk. Weird yes. But a jerk? Never. :)
Ahhhh, how sweet.

(Here's that $20 I promised you.........)

Oh, I've read some of your posts away from the Coffee Shop. I don't think you are as mean as me though. :D

971523_677669332258429_66935299_n.jpg

Oh, I've read some of your posts away from the Coffee Shop. I don't think you are as mean as me though. :D
You shoulda been here a couple of years ago........

You shoulda been here a couple of years ago........

You were a lean mean fighting machine? :D

Forgot to mention. Taking Mrs. BBD on a long horse-drawn sleigh ride too. Hope we don't freeze to death.

Forgot to mention. Taking Mrs. BBD on a long horse-drawn sleigh ride too. Hope we don't freeze to death.

We're supposed to get a huge snowstorm, just in time for Valentine's Day. Another 16 inches is in the forecast, and frigid temps too. We've gotten a whole year's worth of snow in probably 2 or 3 weeks here. Anyways, I'm just hoping to keep my power and my heat!

Forum List

Back