USMB Coffee Shop IV

Too much to catch up, so I'll just drop in and say "Hello!".
It's still snowless here, for all intent and purpose. We got a light dusting, but that was all. We're back to normal temps for this time of year, although the wind was up last week and the wind-chill factor made life at work extremely unpleasant. Couldn't use a ladder to service oil without a second hand to hold the ladder. Otherwise, you'd blow away on the ladder. I've been watching what's going on back East, weather-wise. What a mess!
My classes have been interesting. Half my students are from a cohort we've nicknamed the "Teflon" class. No matter what you throw their way, or how you throw it, it just slides right off. Add to that, one of my students is a mega-whiner who wants to fight about every point counted off on his assignments. What a pest!!
Otherwise, like is good here. My "foster family" arrives Sunday. This couple are "besties" with my daughter and SIL and they've been assigned up here. I'll get them started but fully expect they'll find friends their own age to spend time with once they get settled. I do look forward to having "family" around, though.

It's still snowless here, for all intent and purpose. We got a light dusting, but that was all. We're back to normal temps for this time of year, although the wind was up last week and the wind-chill factor made life at work extremely unpleasant. Couldn't use a ladder to service oil without a second hand to hold the ladder. Otherwise, you'd blow away on the ladder. I've been watching what's going on back East, weather-wise. What a mess!
My classes have been interesting. Half my students are from a cohort we've nicknamed the "Teflon" class. No matter what you throw their way, or how you throw it, it just slides right off. Add to that, one of my students is a mega-whiner who wants to fight about every point counted off on his assignments. What a pest!!
Otherwise, like is good here. My "foster family" arrives Sunday. This couple are "besties" with my daughter and SIL and they've been assigned up here. I'll get them started but fully expect they'll find friends their own age to spend time with once they get settled. I do look forward to having "family" around, though.
The whiner is probably a millennial.......

Print this out and post it in your class room;

~ Rule 1 ~
Life is not fair—get used to it!

~ Rule 2 ~
The world won't care about your self-esteem. The world will expect you to accomplish something before you feel good about yourself.

~ Rule 3 ~
You will not make $50,000 a year right out of high school. You won't be a vice-president with a car phone until you earn both.

~ Rule 4 ~
If you think your teacher is tough, wait till you get a boss.

~ Rule 5 ~
Flipping burgers is not beneath your dignity. Your grandparents had a different word for burger flipping. They called it opportunity.

~ Rule 6 ~
If you mess up, it's not your parents' fault. So don't whine about your mistakes, learn from them.

~ Rule 7 ~
Before you were born, your parents weren't as boring as they are now. They got that way from paying your bills, cleaning your clothes, and listening to you talk about how cool you are. So before you save the rain forests from the parasites of your parents' generation, try delousing the closet in your own room.

~ Rule 8 ~
Your school may have done away with winners and losers, but life has not. In some schools they have abolished failing grades and they'll give you as many times as you need to get the right answer. This doesn't bear the slightest resemblance to anything in the real world.

~ Rule 9 ~
Life is not divided into semesters. You don't get summers off and very few employers are interested in helping you find yourself. Do that on your own time.

~ Rule 10 ~
Television is not real life. In real life people actually have to leave the coffee shop and go to jobs.

~ Rule 11 ~
Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one.

I can't believe that Massachusetts has more snow than Alaska. Lol. If I had WANTED this much snow, I would LIVE in Alaska. :lol:

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, and Sheila's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and the Ringels in difficult transition,
GW's daughter's friend Sachendra,
Ernie's friend and colleague Max,
Boedicca's mom for healing and relief from pain,
Foxfyre's Aunt Betty,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
Safe travels for those traveling,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, Jughead, Sheila, and Becki and all the others who have been MIA lately. We hope everyone is okay.

mica-lamp-company-sb40-storybook-tavern-outdoor-pendant-rust-powdercoat-.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Turning in late tonight, Foxy. Hope you sleep well. I'm going to head to bed in an hour or so myself. My schedule, since opening Doc's has been work 1 PM till 9 or 10 PM 6 days a week. sleep 2 AM till 9 AM and accomplish nothing the rest of my day. Thursdays were supposed to be my day to do what I need to around the house, maybe ride the Harley a bit and rest up. Now, I'm just so damned tired of working 1 PM til 10 or midnight most days that come Thursday, I can't get started on anything. I did force myself to putter around in the shop yesterday, but it was work on a project for the bar.

Now, my sleep schedule is all messed up. Lately, I can't seem to get to sleep before 5 or 5:30 and I'm dead to the world until 11 or the pooches wake me up. Maybe some benadryl tonight...?

Starting a stretch of weather with negative temps for a few days, then it rises to the twenties for at least a week. Made an insulated box for the stray kitties in case they don't have better alternatives.

Turning in late tonight, Foxy. Hope you sleep well. I'm going to head to bed in an hour or so myself. My schedule, since opening Doc's has been work 1 PM till 9 or 10 PM 6 days a week. sleep 2 AM till 9 AM and accomplish nothing the rest of my day. Thursdays were supposed to be my day to do what I need to around the house, maybe ride the Harley a bit and rest up. Now, I'm just so damned tired of working 1 PM til 10 or midnight most days that come Thursday, I can't get started on anything. I did force myself to putter around in the shop yesterday, but it was work on a project for the bar.

Now, my sleep schedule is all messed up. Lately, I can't seem to get to sleep before 5 or 5:30 and I'm dead to the world until 11 or the pooches wake me up. Maybe some benadryl tonight...?

Don't take a nap and make yourself stay awake, and then you might be able to get your schedule back on track.

Starting a stretch of weather with negative temps for a few days, then it rises to the twenties for at least a week. Made an insulated box for the stray kitties in case they don't have better alternatives.

Yeah, join the chilly club. :D We are having the same kind of temperatures here. It is 9 degrees here in Massachusetts right now. I'm waiting for the snow to start.

Hombre benefits from the benadryl--all kinds of sleep aids containing it are available at your local drug store. Daughter swears by the melatonin you can also get OTC at the local pharmacy. Both are probably safe for most people if you don't exceed the recommended dosage. I have considered it when I get my sleep cycle all screwed up, but so far have been able to adjust it without drugs. But not getting enough sleep will take its toll on anybody and isn't pretty.

Oh and good morning everybody. Was watching some morning news before I got up today, and was thinking about poor Chris up there in Massachusetts smack dab in the bullseye of the next severe blizzard passing through up there. It just isn't fair. They absolutely don't need more snow and here in New Mexico and up in Alaska they are needing snow badly. Ah well. Nobody ever said life is fair.

Hombre benefits from the benadryl--all kinds of sleep aids containing it are available at your local drug store. Daughter swears by the melatonin you can also get OTC at the local pharmacy. Both are probably safe for most people if you don't exceed the recommended dosage. I have considered it when I get my sleep cycle all screwed up, but so far have been able to adjust it without drugs. But not getting enough sleep will take its toll on anybody and isn't pretty.

I've found Tylenol PM to be quite effective. It just seems to relax your body and mind JUST enough so that you can fall asleep. You don't wake up feeling groggy either. It's mild and, as long as you don't make it into a habit, quite safe with very little to no side effects.

Oh and good morning everybody. Was watching some morning news before I got up today, and was thinking about poor Chris up there in Massachusetts smack dab in the bullseye of the next severe blizzard passing through up there. It just isn't fair. They absolutely don't need more snow and here in New Mexico and up in Alaska they are needing snow badly. Ah well. Nobody ever said life is fair.

Thanks sweetie! :) I'm just hoping I don't lose my electricity. If I do, it is really going to be a pain in the butt!

Happy Valentine's day to everybody. Hombre and I have already exchanged ours here as Valentine's Day is also our wedding anniversary. So I have this ENORMOUS red and white balloon hovering over my desk as we speak. If last year's balloon is any indication, it will be there until July. :)

But here you go. Everybody pick out one they like:

712cc74f3648dc5dcb8fdbf3263aa623.jpg

Don't take a nap and make yourself stay awake, and then you might be able to get your schedule back on track.
I did take a small dose of benadryl and hit the sack about 1 AM. I was asleep in minutes and slept soundly until 9 AM. I feel pretty good, actually.
We'll see what happens tonight.

I keep liquid benadryl on hand as a first response to my bee allergy, so it's always here.

Happy Valentine's day to everybody. Hombre and I have already exchanged ours here as Valentine's Day is also our wedding anniversary. So I have this ENORMOUS red and white balloon hovering over my desk as we speak. If last year's balloon is any indication, it will be there until July. :)

But here you go. Everybody pick out one they like:

712cc74f3648dc5dcb8fdbf3263aa623.jpg

At least it's not a big giant bear, right? :lol:

Forum List

Back