USMB Coffee Shop IV

Heading out after work tomorrow to spend the weekend with my Valentine...catch up with you guys later.:)

9a3bce883df887121acb2f3701fdd28a.jpg

Not to worry, I'll be here, frozen...near death...

Weeeelllllll, the calls keep coming in, she's been called for positions in Louisiana, Corpus Cristi TX, Minnesota, and today from Reno NV. The Reno and El Paso jobs are both offering relocation and very interested in her, not sure how much the El Paso job is offering but the Reno job is offering over 70K with full benefits....... Next week is the El Paso interview and they are paying for us to go there for the interview and hooking us up with a real estate person for a "tour" of the town. Uuummmmm........

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, and Sheila's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and the Ringels in difficult transition,
GW's daughter's friend Sachendra,
Ernie's friend and colleague Max,
Boedicca's mom for healing and relief from pain,
Foxfyre's Aunt Betty,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
Safe travels for those traveling,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, Jughead, Sheila, and Becki and all the others who have been MIA lately. We hope everyone is okay.

mica-lamp-company-sb40-storybook-tavern-outdoor-pendant-rust-powdercoat-.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

In my county we have a mix of the industrial and the rural. We make ceramics and nuclear power and we refine oil and incinerate hazardous waste. And then we tap maple trees, we grow apples and corn and cows and pigs and have a bit of horse country here too.

So it's seems a bit early in the year to talk about a bumper crop. But that's what we have today; a bumper crop of potholes. The growing conditions this winter have been optimal! Hard, sub zero freezes followed by a few days in the lower forties with freezing conditions that night. Perfect pothole growing weather.

And after the tonnage of truck traffic servicing the gas fracking operations, the asphalt gets 'plowed'. The water gives the impetus for cracking pavement. So far, the efforts of the city road crews has been futile. They try to patch the holes with a cold mixture of pebbles and tar that only serves to spray tar coated pebbles onto every freshly washed car that passes over them.

A couple of the potholes are job creators. They are not creating jobs in the public sector, i.e. engineering and repairing the holes. They are strictly private sector jobs. For instance, one pothole has a trail with lights strung along it. You can rent a burro and tour the whole depth of the hole. They give you a box lunch and a tour guide, lest you get lost. At the bottom of the hole, there is a scenic spot where group photographs are taken. The view from the south rim of the pothole at sunset is unforgettable!

Hiya folks! You resident knight has returned!

Since I was about 9 years old, I have excelled at reproducing cels (frames) from my favorite cartoon shows. If I can meld that talent and my imagination together, who knows.

JadeHarvester Andrew N. - DeviantArt

I thought I was going nowhere in life, but then I found the one path I did not travel.

Nice. I used to be able to draw. I was really good at drawing women's faces, but that was YEARS ago when I was a kid. I haven't tried my hand at drawing anything in . . . . I don't know how long. Lol.

Weeeelllllll, the calls keep coming in, she's been called for positions in Louisiana, Corpus Cristi TX, Minnesota, and today from Reno NV. The Reno and El Paso jobs are both offering relocation and very interested in her, not sure how much the El Paso job is offering but the Reno job is offering over 70K with full benefits....... Next week is the El Paso interview and they are paying for us to go there for the interview and hooking us up with a real estate person for a "tour" of the town. Uuummmmm........

Looks like things are looking up Ringel. So keeping the positive vibes coming for the best possible outcome for the two of you. What is going to be tough is if you get a good solid offer from somebody and have to decide whether to take the risk to wait to see if there is something better. I've been there.

Heading out after work tomorrow to spend the weekend with my Valentine...catch up with you guys later.:)

I was hoping I would be your Valentine!

iu

I like hugging snuggly bears.;)

Maybe you'll get one of those giant teddy bears! ROFL.. :D

Seriously would you want one of those? I love the Vermont Teddy Bear commercials but really, how much space do you want to give up to a giant teddy bear?

Hiya folks! You resident knight has returned!

Since I was about 9 years old, I have excelled at reproducing cels (frames) from my favorite cartoon shows. If I can meld that talent and my imagination together, who knows.

JadeHarvester Andrew N. - DeviantArt

I thought I was going nowhere in life, but then I found the one path I did not travel.

Hey TK. Long time no see. So what is the market for such art?

iu

Seriously would you want one of those? I love the Vermont Teddy Bear commercials but really, how much space do you want to give up to a giant teddy bear?

Me? Nooooo. Sherry is the one who said she likes hugging snuggly bears. :D

iu

Me? Nooooo. Sherry is the one who said she likes hugging snuggly bears. :D

I think she likes her snuggly bear to be a special person. :)

Forum List

Back