USMB Coffee Shop IV

It's weird. Quite a bit of precipitation in the area but it is moving from northeast to southwest--that is almost unheard of in this part of the country and does suggest we won't get the gale force winds that were forecast. It is quite calm out there now with a bit of blue showing between the clouds here and there. Who knows what it will eventually do. So far what is happening is not what the weather folks predicted.

It's weird. Quite a bit of precipitation in the area but it is moving from northeast to southwest--that is almost unheard of in this part of the country and does suggest we won't get the gale force winds that were forecast. It is quite calm out there now with a bit of blue showing between the clouds here and there. Who knows what it will eventually do. So far what is happening is not what the weather folks predicted.

The meteorologists are always like 24 hours off on the forecast here and will change it numerous times. We do have some unpredictable weather patterns around here though.

Wednesday's smile

funny-animals-215.jpg

How could anyone deny a cookie to such a cute face?! :D

Well, it's been a big day here at Pimplebutt. My chest of drawers and the bi-fold doors were delivered!

The fellow who built the chest lives 'out in the woods'. That is to say, he lives a rural lifestyle. He builds one hell of a cabinet. It was completed back in January. But his driveway...

Do you remember the 1994 Winter Olympics in Lillehammer, Norway? That was the Olympics with the Tanya Harding/Nancy Kerrigan scandal. The Giant Slalom course at those games was just a little more passable by 4X4 than my carpenter's driveway, at least this winter.

We decided to wait for the thaw, the same way grave diggers did before the invention of the backhoe. He made a couple runs along it with his truck and pronounced it safe enough.

The chest is magnificent (I know, that's what she said), and I'll have a hobby this long President's Day weekend getting the thing primed and maybe painted! The same goes for those doors. It's oil based primer and paint so everything will be done in the garage with the overhead door cracked a few inches lest I become a huffer by default.

Paint??!! You're gonna PAINT an objet d' art???!!!! HEATHEN!!!!!!!
It's made of poplar and poplar's a great wood for paint. The problem is the pine door. I ca't figure how to stain both poplar and pine to look the same. The drawers have the same profile as the doors and the wainscot yet to come. Then there's the door casements, baseboard and chair rail.

It' a place I can pick up some color.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, and Sheila's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and the Ringels in difficult transition,
GW's daughter's friend Sachendra,
Ernie's friend and colleague Max and Mrs. Ernie,
Boedicca's mom for healing and relief from pain,
Foxfyre's Aunt Betty,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
Safe travels for those traveling,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, Jughead, Sheila, and Becki and all the others who have been MIA lately. We hope everyone is okay.

mica-lamp-company-sb40-storybook-tavern-outdoor-pendant-rust-powdercoat-.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Well, it's been a big day here at Pimplebutt. My chest of drawers and the bi-fold doors were delivered!

The fellow who built the chest lives 'out in the woods'. That is to say, he lives a rural lifestyle. He builds one hell of a cabinet. It was completed back in January. But his driveway...

Do you remember the 1994 Winter Olympics in Lillehammer, Norway? That was the Olympics with the Tanya Harding/Nancy Kerrigan scandal. The Giant Slalom course at those games was just a little more passable by 4X4 than my carpenter's driveway, at least this winter.

We decided to wait for the thaw, the same way grave diggers did before the invention of the backhoe. He made a couple runs along it with his truck and pronounced it safe enough.

The chest is magnificent (I know, that's what she said), and I'll have a hobby this long President's Day weekend getting the thing primed and maybe painted! The same goes for those doors. It's oil based primer and paint so everything will be done in the garage with the overhead door cracked a few inches lest I become a huffer by default.

Very nice. You'll have to post some pictures when you're all done with your redecorating. :)

Very nice. You'll have to post some pictures when you're all done with your redecorating. :)
As a matter of fact, I promised some before pictures. Always present 'before' in the worst possible light. So, here's the 'current' state of the Master Suite:

35ca01b9ca693195160a88a65eef925c.jpg

decfd79ac89e428b53ad09f9083dc493.jpg

d3192ee641b149b16a1ba229973ef33a.jpg

a60e339193aeab3dbe9131095d28be67.jpg

Yeah, it's a mess. Yeah, it's overstuffed. But that's the whole point of the renovation!

As a matter of fact, I promised some before pictures. Always present 'before' in the worst possible light. So, here's the 'current' state of the Master Suite:

35ca01b9ca693195160a88a65eef925c.jpg

decfd79ac89e428b53ad09f9083dc493.jpg

d3192ee641b149b16a1ba229973ef33a.jpg

a60e339193aeab3dbe9131095d28be67.jpg

Yeah, it's a mess. Yeah, it's overstuffed. But that's the whole point of the renovation!

Well, geez, I hope you keep your new room cleaner and more tidy! :D Lol!

Okay I'm up, time to hook up the caffeine IV. Laid down yesterday afternoon around 4 PM for a short rest, woke up 5 and a half hours later....... Then went back to bed around 2 AM........ The wife wants to do something today, go somewhere, she's still asleep....... Think I'll take her to "downtown" Trinidad...... :eusa_whistle:

I was up late last night too.
Saw a good movie on the T.V. that started at 11:00p.m. and was over at 1:30 a.m.

It is really and I mean really windy here today. Gusts up to 80 mpr. Dust everywhere. :)

funny-animals-79.jpg

Whoa, that's more than hurricane force. You got the high wind we were supposed to get yesterday and never did. But batten down the hatches. We're back to mid spring like weather here and as far ahead as they can probably see. Springtime does usually bring a LOT of wind to Albuquerque though and we aren't having a lot of that recently. I hate wind.

Glad to hear the good news that Mrs. O is feeling somewhat better. Continued prayers for her complete recovery.

Ollie says she is a LOT better. They still don't have a diagnosis but he says they threw him out of the hospital. The cartwheels he was doing in the hallways were annoying the patients and staff. :)

I was up late last night too.
Saw a good movie on the T.V. that started at 11:00p.m. and was over at 1:30 a.m.

It is really and I mean really windy here today. Gusts up to 80 mpr. Dust everywhere. :)

funny-animals-79.jpg

Whoa, that's more than hurricane force. You got the high wind we were supposed to get yesterday and never did. But batten down the hatches. We're back to mid spring like weather here and as far ahead as they can probably see. Springtime does usually bring a LOT of wind to Albuquerque though and we aren't having a lot of that recently. I hate wind.

Dammit, you just can't keep a nice hairstyle in the wind! :lol:

^^^

I'm just joking, BTW. TBH, my house isn't always tidy either, like right now. I really need to get off the internet and clean up. :lol:

I hear that. Both back bedrooms, especially the closets, need to be thoroughly cleaned out and redecorated. And right now I am looking at our office that again looks like a recycling bin exploded in it, and thinking that should be the day's project--a thorough cleaning. My monthly housecleaners come on Monday and it always takes quite a bit of cleaning to get ready for them. :)

Forum List

Back