USMB Coffee Shop IV

^^^

I'm just joking, BTW. TBH, my house isn't always tidy either, like right now. I really need to get off the internet and clean up. :lol:

I hear that. Both back bedrooms, especially the closets, need to be thoroughly cleaned out and redecorated. And right now I am looking at our office that again looks like a recycling bin exploded in it, and thinking that should be the day's project--a thorough cleaning. My monthly housecleaners come on Monday and it always takes quite a bit of cleaning to get ready for them. :)

Cleaning for the cleaners. That is funny, Foxy. :lol:

Well, it's been a big day here at Pimplebutt. My chest of drawers and the bi-fold doors were delivered!

The fellow who built the chest lives 'out in the woods'. That is to say, he lives a rural lifestyle. He builds one hell of a cabinet. It was completed back in January. But his driveway...

Do you remember the 1994 Winter Olympics in Lillehammer, Norway? That was the Olympics with the Tanya Harding/Nancy Kerrigan scandal. The Giant Slalom course at those games was just a little more passable by 4X4 than my carpenter's driveway, at least this winter.

We decided to wait for the thaw, the same way grave diggers did before the invention of the backhoe. He made a couple runs along it with his truck and pronounced it safe enough.

The chest is magnificent (I know, that's what she said), and I'll have a hobby this long President's Day weekend getting the thing primed and maybe painted! The same goes for those doors. It's oil based primer and paint so everything will be done in the garage with the overhead door cracked a few inches lest I become a huffer by default.

Very nice. You'll have to post some pictures when you're all done with your redecorating. :)
As a matter of fact, I promised some before pictures. Always present 'before' in the worst possible light. So, here's the 'current' state of the Master Suite:

35ca01b9ca693195160a88a65eef925c.jpg

decfd79ac89e428b53ad09f9083dc493.jpg

d3192ee641b149b16a1ba229973ef33a.jpg

a60e339193aeab3dbe9131095d28be67.jpg

Yeah, it's a mess. Yeah, it's overstuffed. But that's the whole point of the renovation!

I really REALLY envy you and bet it will be wonderful when it's done. I love the artwork over your bed by the way--don't replace that. If things are really in a mess when you start a project like that though, you don't fully appreciate how great it is once all that is remedied. :)

^^^

I'm just joking, BTW. TBH, my house isn't always tidy either, like right now. I really need to get off the internet and clean up. :lol:

I hear that. Both back bedrooms, especially the closets, need to be thoroughly cleaned out and redecorated. And right now I am looking at our office that again looks like a recycling bin exploded in it, and thinking that should be the day's project--a thorough cleaning. My monthly housecleaners come on Monday and it always takes quite a bit of cleaning to get ready for them. :)

I know, but geez, I don't want them to know what slobs we can really be. :)

^^^

I hear that. Both back bedrooms, especially the closets, need to be thoroughly cleaned out and redecorated. And right now I am looking at our office that again looks like a recycling bin exploded in it, and thinking that should be the day's project--a thorough cleaning. My m:biggrin:onthly housecleaners come on Monday and it always takes quite a bit of cleaning to get ready for them. :)

Yeah, like having to clean the dishes before you put them in the dishwasher. :biggrin:

^^^

I know, but geez, I don't want them to know what slobs we can really be. :)

Oh, you are probably a JOY for them. They probably have to clean some pretty icky things at times. :D

Sounds like a lot of us were up with me in the wee hours of the morning this morning. I got wrapped up in a good late movie and didn't get to bed until after 2 a.m. And then I tried to sleep in this morning and had one of those dreams in which nothing is going right--I was trying to make a phone call for my elderly uncle and kept getting idiots and transfers to other people who were idiots and eventually forgot what I was calling about in the first place while my computer was messed up and I couldn't access the information I needed to remember. I woke up highly stressed, agitated, and angry.

I think I still need more coffee.

^^^

I hear that. Both back bedrooms, especially the closets, need to be thoroughly cleaned out and redecorated. And right now I am looking at our office that again looks like a recycling bin exploded in it, and thinking that should be the day's project--a thorough cleaning. My m:biggrin:onthly housecleaners come on Monday and it always takes quite a bit of cleaning to get ready for them. :)

Yeah, like having to clean the dishes before you put them in the dishwasher. :biggrin:

I like to clean my pots and pans and then put them in the dishwasher. It makes them shiny and new looking. :D

Sounds like a lot of us were up with me in the wee hours of the morning this morning. I got wrapped up in a good late movie and didn't get to bed until after 2 a.m. And then I tried to sleep in this morning and had one of those dreams in which nothing is going right--I was trying to make a phone call for my elderly uncle and kept getting idiots and transfers to other people who were idiots and eventually forgot what I was calling about in the first place while my computer was messed up and I couldn't access the information I needed to remember. I woke up highly stressed, agitated, and angry.

I think I still need more coffee.

There are not many things more annoying than computer problems, if you ask me. I get SO annoyed when I have problems with my computer.

I was up late last night too.
Saw a good movie on the T.V. that started at 11:00p.m. and was over at 1:30 a.m.

It is really and I mean really windy here today. Gusts up to 80 mpr. Dust everywhere. :)

funny-animals-79.jpg

Whoa, that's more than hurricane force. You got the high wind we were supposed to get yesterday and never did. But batten down the hatches. We're back to mid spring like weather here and as far ahead as they can probably see. Springtime does usually bring a LOT of wind to Albuquerque though and we aren't having a lot of that recently. I hate wind.

Dammit, you just can't keep a nice hairstyle in the wind! :lol:
I can....... buzz cut........ :D

Just about done with my first cup of coffee. It was nearly 6AM before I got to sleep. Lots on my mind.
My current "project" is driving me up the wall. I'm about to ship him off to his mother in Texas.
Max has been off the antibiotics for a week now and has had the follow-up x-rays. They will leave the PICC line in until a second x-ray in two weeks shows no progress of the infection. Meanwhile a new doctor is pushing for another course of antibiotics and hyperbaric treatments. Of course he hadn't familiarized himself with the case and read previous x-rays.
Max is dealing with everything as he does. Always the affable bartender/friend to all, but the highs and lows, plus the unbelievable cost of all this have him almost looking manic.
You can take Mrs Ernie off the list Foxfyre she hasn't had an episode in over a month and has her energy back.

Well, it's been a big day here at Pimplebutt. My chest of drawers and the bi-fold doors were delivered!

The fellow who built the chest lives 'out in the woods'. That is to say, he lives a rural lifestyle. He builds one hell of a cabinet. It was completed back in January. But his driveway...

Do you remember the 1994 Winter Olympics in Lillehammer, Norway? That was the Olympics with the Tanya Harding/Nancy Kerrigan scandal. The Giant Slalom course at those games was just a little more passable by 4X4 than my carpenter's driveway, at least this winter.

We decided to wait for the thaw, the same way grave diggers did before the invention of the backhoe. He made a couple runs along it with his truck and pronounced it safe enough.

The chest is magnificent (I know, that's what she said), and I'll have a hobby this long President's Day weekend getting the thing primed and maybe painted! The same goes for those doors. It's oil based primer and paint so everything will be done in the garage with the overhead door cracked a few inches lest I become a huffer by default.

Very nice. You'll have to post some pictures when you're all done with your redecorating. :)
As a matter of fact, I promised some before pictures. Always present 'before' in the worst possible light. So, here's the 'current' state of the Master Suite:

35ca01b9ca693195160a88a65eef925c.jpg

decfd79ac89e428b53ad09f9083dc493.jpg

d3192ee641b149b16a1ba229973ef33a.jpg

a60e339193aeab3dbe9131095d28be67.jpg

Yeah, it's a mess. Yeah, it's overstuffed. But that's the whole point of the renovation!

I really REALLY envy you and bet it will be wonderful when it's done. I love the artwork over your bed by the way--don't replace that. If things are really in a mess when you start a project like that though, you don't fully appreciate how great it is once all that is remedied. :)
Those pieces above th bed are posters from the Soviet Union circa 1925. There was an exhibition of Soviet avante garde art at MOMA back in 1997 and I bought the posters at the gift shop. I thought the way people were depicted was particularly telling. The poster on the left shows a stylized worker at a loom and the output is a mass of people. The one on the right shows a dancer, but her body has been cut away leaving her arms, legs and head in place. Them wacky Soviets! Don't ya love the fact that the Evil Empire has been reduced to kitsch?

Anyone try to log into USMB about 3AM? I was getting 502 gateway errors.

That has happened to me from time to time but usually earlier than 3 a.m. It generally results in me not being able to post the vigil list. I figure they are doing routine maintenance or backing up the system or something at that hour that makes it difficult or sometimes impossible to log in.

Forum List

Back