USMB Coffee Shop IV

I do miss the old V-bulletin format though. USMB remains my board home and I don't plan to leave it any time soon, but I feel such a relief and delight when I visit other boards still using V-bulletin.

Oh and good morning everybody. High 30's here at this hour and predicted to get up to 60 today under clear skies and plenty of sunshine. The rising full moon over the mountain last night was absolutely gorgeous.

NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCE....

temps_zpswb2bmrw1.jpg

Wow...that's brutal. :)
But for us, being that 28 of the last 30 days have been below normal, much of that like 20 and 30 degrees below normal, that above forcast is looking wonderful.

I think WQ was teasing a bit being in Florida and all. Or perhaps taunting a bit? Sometimes it's hard to tell. :) But we're enjoying warmer weather similar to yours right now, but with so much wind it feels colder. I would rather have colder without the wind.
Yeah I got that.

And I'm a happy camper. It's cold right now and will be again tonight, but we've been cold for so long that I can do a few more hours standing on my head. The warm weather is on the way, and that just makes me feel like a brand new man.

I'm going to go down to my old bank and close a couple accounts, then head for Sauk City and hit the Harley dealer and just browse, and then there's an industrial metal place I want to find and maybe pick up some steel. Been thinking of starting a welding project.

Have you ever seen the movie "The Road to Christmas" with Jennifer Gray and Clark Gregg? Gregg played the role of an artist who had welded metal into wonderful metal sculptures. And I thought about you and your welding skills coupled with an artist's eye. . . .

There is a brief shot of the sculptures in this trailer for the movie:

And it's a good movie. We have enjoyed it.

I got an email yesterday asking me to post on USMB. Anybody else get one? Have I been that absent lately?

Yes, I did receive one but a few days ago. :dunno:

Hmmm.....

When it was in the original form said e-mails weren't necessary......

....Anyone figure out why?
Actually my email was in the form of an advertisement from tapatalk, or something like that. USMB emailed me with this beckoning to download an app.

Hey AquaAthena! Catch up on what you may have missed on USMessageBoard.com

message was:

Tapatalk is the world's leading social app for online forums - helping people find, follow, and share their passions and hobbies. It is the one app you need to aggregate discussions from all the online forums you follow

Now that you mention it, I might have gotten that advertisement. I start off every day deleting about 30 ads and subscriptions in my mail box without opening them. It's a little creepy though how closely they track you. I can't do a search for many products without ads for those products immediately popping up everywhere.

If you use the search engine DuckDuckGo they don't track you.

I got an email yesterday asking me to post on USMB. Anybody else get one? Have I been that absent lately?

Hmmm.....

Actually my email was in the form of an advertisement from tapatalk, or something like that. USMB emailed me with this beckoning to download an app.

message was:

Tapatalk is the world's leading social app for online forums - helping people find, follow, and share their passions and hobbies. It is the one app you need to aggregate discussions from all the online forums you follow

Now that you mention it, I might have gotten that advertisement. I start off every day deleting about 30 ads and subscriptions in my mail box without opening them. It's a little creepy though how closely they track you. I can't do a search for many products without ads for those products immediately popping up everywhere.

I use 'Easy Pass' whenever I go on line.

Well, just to update you all. I went to my second interview, and I've decided to not take this job. It is just too risky and I don't know if I can meet that quota every single month. I'm going to keep looking at other jobs in sales though. Thanks for all the great advice guys. :) I knew exactly what questions to ask thanks to you.

Hmmm.....

message was:

So many of the sites I use though won't let you in if you have cookies blocked. And I really really like the smooth surfing and easy revisiting of favorite sites that those cookies facilitate. So for that reason I haven't used any of those programs that make you invisible on line. The ads following me don't bother me--they are a graphic reminder though how much we are being tracked.

Is DuckDuckGo as good a search engine as Google or Bing or even AOL? I do serious online research and need the best capabilities I can get.

Well, just to update you all. I went to my second interview, and I've decided to not take this job. It is just too risky and I don't know if I can meet that quota every single month. I'm going to keep looking at other jobs in sales though. Thanks for all the great advice guys. :) I knew exactly what questions to ask thanks to you.

Sorry it didn't work out Chris, but we'll keep you on the vigil list for now. I think there were enough red flags others saw on that job, that you are problably very wise to have passed on it. I have taken jobs like that in the past as transitional jobs when I had nothing else and therefore nothing to lose. You have a paying job now and you don't want to give it up until you find just the right new occupation. And I'm sure that job is out there waiting for you somewhere.

Hmmm.....

message was:

So many of the sites I use though won't let you in if you have cookies blocked. And I really really like the smooth surfing and easy revisiting of favorite sites that those cookies facilitate. So for that reason I haven't used any of those programs that make you invisible on line. The ads following me don't bother me--they are a graphic reminder though how much we are being tracked.

Is DuckDuckGo as good a search engine as Google or Bing or even AOL? I do serious online research and need the best capabilities I can get.

I think so.

Good decision.
Having to make quota's and lots of commuting gets old really quick.

Hmmm.....

message was:

I keeeed, I keeed!

"E‑ZPass is an electronic toll-collection system used on most tolled roads, bridges, and tunnels in the northeastern United States,...."
E-ZPass - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

I used to tell people Easy Pass was a stool softener.

message was:

I keeeed, I keeed!

"E‑ZPass is an electronic toll-collection system used on most tolled roads, bridges, and tunnels in the northeastern United States,...."
E-ZPass - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

I used to tell people Easy Pass was a stool softener.

:)

Hmmm.....

message was:

DuckDuckGo (which I think Ringel recommended to me originally) seems to work on par with other search engines. I've been using it for at least 6 months now and haven't had many issues, and those I have had were extremely minor.

NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCE....

temps_zpswb2bmrw1.jpg

Wow...that's brutal. :)
But for us, being that 28 of the last 30 days have been below normal, much of that like 20 and 30 degrees below normal, that above forcast is looking wonderful.

I think WQ was teasing a bit being in Florida and all. Or perhaps taunting a bit? Sometimes it's hard to tell. :) But we're enjoying warmer weather similar to yours right now, but with so much wind it feels colder. I would rather have colder without the wind.
Yeah I got that.

And I'm a happy camper. It's cold right now and will be again tonight, but we've been cold for so long that I can do a few more hours standing on my head. The warm weather is on the way, and that just makes me feel like a brand new man.

I'm going to go down to my old bank and close a couple accounts, then head for Sauk City and hit the Harley dealer and just browse, and then there's an industrial metal place I want to find and maybe pick up some steel. Been thinking of starting a welding project.

Have you ever seen the movie "The Road to Christmas" with Jennifer Gray and Clark Gregg? Gregg played the role of an artist who had welded metal into wonderful metal sculptures. And I thought about you and your welding skills coupled with an artist's eye. . . .

There is a brief shot of the sculptures in this trailer for the movie:

And it's a good movie. We have enjoyed it.

I have seen that. I remember someone commenting that Jennifer Grey was hardly recognizable since her obvious cosmetic surgery and Dirty Dancing days.

The things that guy was portrayed as making as welding art is very cool. I'd no doubt do something like that if I had piles and piles of things to weld together laying around. My problem is I don't like piles of things laying around outside. I'd need shed space for weld art stuff. Every time I get the Menards flyer I like to look at their pole shed prices, and they had a pretty good price on a 48'x96' building. I could probably fill it... ;)

Okay I've done several product searches using DuckDuckGo and so far am not seeing ads for those products yet. So the experiment does seem to indicate that DuckDuckGo isn't tracking us as most search engines do. I don't know yet if it can find all the wierd thngs or places I research yet, but so far so good.

Forum List

Back