USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good evening all, hope everyone is well.

I haven't been online much as I have been dealing with some person issues. In short, I have been diagnosed with severe depression, possibly the result of long ago childhood sexual abuse. Started medication today and its making me feel ill. I have slept all day (after going to class this morning) and right now don't feel 'quite there'. This is one of the side effects - along with vomiting, headaches, dizziness etc. Should pass in a few days to a week. The drug will take up to a month to start working properly so I have to be patient. And things will probably get worse before they start to get better - silly how that works, huh?

My best friend and my lovely Tracy know and are helping me through it. My parents don't know because I have been through it with them before and sometimes you just can't talk to family.

If Foxy can put me on the prayer list that'd be awesome. I kind of need some kick thoughts coming my way. I have a long road ahead of me.
Next week I see the doctor again, increase my medication and get referred to a counselor. Lets hope I can get better!! :)

Noomi, I give you a lot of credit for taking control and being proactive in addressing this issue. A lot of people would rather stay in denial and/or silently struggle through the pain. In the long run, you'll be healthier all around, and you will have healthier and more positive relationships. Positivity attracts positivity. I also have a strong feeling that somewhere down the road, you will have major influences on other people's lives by the example you will have set, and they will admire you and be inspired...this will build confidence and stronger self-esteem for them, as well as you.:smiliehug:

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, and Sheila's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's mom for healing and relief from pain,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Save and Mrs. L in adversity,
Chris in transition,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Ernie's friend and colleague Max,
Ernie for wellness, rest, and extra strength,
Noomi!!
Those in the dangerous cold zones,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
Safe travels for those traveling,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, Jughead, Sheila, and Becki and all the others who have been MIA lately. We hope everyone is okay.

mica-lamp-company-sb40-storybook-tavern-outdoor-pendant-rust-powdercoat-.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

I haven't been online much as I have been dealing with some person issues. In short, I have been diagnosed with severe depression, possibly the result of long ago childhood sexual abuse. Started medication today and its making me feel ill. I have slept all day (after going to class this morning) and right now don't feel 'quite there'. This is one of the side effects - along with vomiting, headaches, dizziness etc. Should pass in a few days to a week. The drug will take up to a month to start working properly so I have to be patient. And things will probably get worse before they start to get better - silly how that works, huh?

My best friend and my lovely Tracy know and are helping me through it. My parents don't know because I have been through it with them before and sometimes you just can't talk to family.

If Foxy can put me on the prayer list that'd be awesome. I kind of need some kick thoughts coming my way. I have a long road ahead of me.
Next week I see the doctor again, increase my medication and get referred to a counselor. Lets hope I can get better!! :)

Wish you the best Noom

Been busy the last few days, went up to Pueblo and out to Florence CO yesterday, may go back tomorrow as there is an item I might want to buy and one the wife wants badly, problem is both items combined could cost around $1000.
Didn't sleep well last night and was up at 3:30 this morning, tried to go back to sleep for about an hour but no luck, finally got up so I wouldn't wake the wife.

Good morning everybody. Looking across the weather maps this morning, it would appear that the weather is improving for all of us. For those up there in the new ice age country, that is a very good thing.

A warm Coffee Shop welcome to Yarddog who is joining us for the first time this morning. Welcome welcome. Glad to see you joining right in. The Coffee Shop is a long standing refuge from the sometimes contentiousness out there on the other threads, and those who choose to do so, will find a real sense of family here.

Your first timers complimentary beverage:

Cappuccino_PeB.jpg

Been busy the last few days, went up to Pueblo and out to Florence CO yesterday, may go back tomorrow as there is an item I might want to buy and one the wife wants badly, problem is both items combined could cost around $1000.
Didn't sleep well last night and was up at 3:30 this morning, tried to go back to sleep for about an hour but no luck, finally got up so I wouldn't wake the wife.

So you aren't going to tell us what the items are? :)

Sorry about not sleeping though. I am in one of those disrupted sleep patterns. If I stay up to 1 or 2 a.m. then I sleep well. If I go to bed at a reasonable time though, I am awake every hour on the hour and do have more trouble getting back to sleep. And that is going to be way worse when daylight savings time starts tonight.

So sorry you're going through this Noomi, but so glad you are getting professional help. Depression is real. It disrupts lives. It hurts physically, mentally, and emotionally. And it is no laughing matter. I get furious at people who pooh pooh it and tell people to just snap out of it. We snap out of pity parties and bad attitudes. Depression is a very different thing.

But you are definitely on the list and your Coffee Shop family will be pulling for you as we always have. :)

Good morning everybody. Looking across the weather maps this morning, it would appear that the weather is improving for all of us. For those up there in the new ice age country, that is a very good thing.

A warm Coffee Shop welcome to Yarddog who is joining us for the first time this morning. Welcome welcome. Glad to see you joining right in. The Coffee Shop is a long standing refuge from the sometimes contentiousness out there on the other threads, and those who choose to do so, will find a real sense of family here.

Your first timers complimentary beverage:

Cappuccino_PeB.jpg

Thank you, I think i will,

So you aren't going to tell us what the items are? :)

Sorry about not sleeping though. I am in one of those disrupted sleep patterns. If I stay up to 1 or 2 a.m. then I sleep well. If I go to bed at a reasonable time though, I am awake every hour on the hour and do have more trouble getting back to sleep. And that is going to be way worse when daylight savings time starts tonight.
The wife wants a cast brass antique Genish statue, she collects elephant items.
Similar to this one:

ganesh103.jpg

I want a Harpers Ferry 1803 rifled musket that one of the antique dealers in the same town has. It's not an antique, it's actually a "commemorative" release that requires I only have to change out the patch box to make it authentic.
This is an original:
1803-Harpers-Ferry.jpg

The dealer is asking waaay too much for the musket so I'll let her know what the current going price is and offer cash. If she says no then I walk.

And so I am about to embark on the highlight of my day, a trip to WALMART... :uhoh3: ... but on the way home I'll stop in one of my favorite watering holes. Saturdays are usually pretty busy and there usually isn't a face I don't know. One of the things I like about small town living.

And that's what we do in Wisconsin when the ground is still covered with snow and we're all sick of winter... go to walmart then stop in the tavern... :lol:

It is a beautiful day though. I have 40 on my thermometer and it's sunny. I bet the bar is hopping with people that just want to get out 'cause it's such a nice day.

AGT or BGT or CGT, cast iron elephant sculptures, antique muskets, Wal-mart and watering holes. Yep, just another normal day in the Coffee Shop. :)

Humans are a very accommodating species Noomi, we can take a lot of difficult trials and emerge better on the other end. People do overcome abuses of many types and it doesn't have to condemn them to a repeat of history. Something in your present is triggering your depression too. Hope the current stress is resolved quickly.

Noomi....my thoughts and prayers are with you. I worked for years as a therapist and I have worked with many, many people with similar issues.

The best clinical results are achieved with exactly what you are doing...medication and therapy. Most depression is a combination of endogenous factors (brain chemistry) and situational stressors and/or life events.

Please remember you have control over how you choose to address the situation, and there are always, always options. :) Please reach out to people you trust and who care about you. Social isolation is never good. If your friend Tracy fits the bill then that's great.

Noomi, the fact you can talk about this openly is also a very positive sign. My guess is you are a strong person. If you stick to a plan that feels right to you, stay socially engaged, and remember you have options and control....you will win....and the asshole who hurt you is and always will be a loser.

:)

Thanks for the kind words, guys. :)
Currently I am at home waiting for the effects of my second pill to kick in. No fun waiting for the next day of nausea and dizziness and confusion. Hard keeping it from my parents, especially the fact that while I can just about type this, I cannot care for myself in other ways. I cannot drive, or cook, or even hang clothes on the line without having to think about what I am doing. So weird! Thankfully once my body becomes used to the pills it will not be so affected.

I have a karate tournament next Sunday and I still hope to make it down there. Whether I am unbalanced and wobbly and confused or not, I want to give it a go. Can't give up, must soldier on!!

Oh, and if anyone has some nice, warm weather, could you send me some? Its bloody cold here!!

Forum List

Back