USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good evening all, hope everyone is well.

I haven't been online much as I have been dealing with some person issues. In short, I have been diagnosed with severe depression, possibly the result of long ago childhood sexual abuse. Started medication today and its making me feel ill. I have slept all day (after going to class this morning) and right now don't feel 'quite there'. This is one of the side effects - along with vomiting, headaches, dizziness etc. Should pass in a few days to a week. The drug will take up to a month to start working properly so I have to be patient. And things will probably get worse before they start to get better - silly how that works, huh?

My best friend and my lovely Tracy know and are helping me through it. My parents don't know because I have been through it with them before and sometimes you just can't talk to family.

If Foxy can put me on the prayer list that'd be awesome. I kind of need some kick thoughts coming my way. I have a long road ahead of me.
Next week I see the doctor again, increase my medication and get referred to a counselor. Lets hope I can get better!! :)

Noomi....my thoughts and prayers are with you. I worked for years as a therapist and I have worked with many, many people with similar issues.

The best clinical results are achieved with exactly what you are doing...medication and therapy. Most depression is a combination of endogenous factors (brain chemistry) and situational stressors and/or life events.

Please remember you have control over how you choose to address the situation, and there are always, always options. :) Please reach out to people you trust and who care about you. Social isolation is never good. If your friend Tracy fits the bill then that's great.

Noomi, the fact you can talk about this openly is also a very positive sign. My guess is you are a strong person. If you stick to a plan that feels right to you, stay socially engaged, and remember you have options and control....you will win....and the asshole who hurt you is and always will be a loser.
:)

Very well said WQ (and also Sherry and Save.) I don't know if I was ever sexually abused but I grew up as a battered child--physically, verbally, emotionally. And yes, that does create a lot of issues to deal with. Everything you said to deal with it is very true. And can make us whole.

Thanks for the kind words, guys. :)
Currently I am at home waiting for the effects of my second pill to kick in. No fun waiting for the next day of nausea and dizziness and confusion. Hard keeping it from my parents, especially the fact that while I can just about type this, I cannot care for myself in other ways. I cannot drive, or cook, or even hang clothes on the line without having to think about what I am doing. So weird! Thankfully once my body becomes used to the pills it will not be so affected.

I have a karate tournament next Sunday and I still hope to make it down there. Whether I am unbalanced and wobbly and confused or not, I want to give it a go. Can't give up, must soldier on!!

Oh, and if anyone has some nice, warm weather, could you send me some? Its bloody cold here!!

It's cold there already? I thought that was a June, July, August thing. I wish I could bottle up some of our warmer days here and send down to you. We still need a lot more snow before summer.

I just tweeted the Queen on Twitter. I said "Dear Mrs Queen, can I please have a knighthood if I promise to protect the realm from Dragons"
I do not think it is really the Queen because of the things she says, but if its a spoof its a good one because she has more than 1 million followers.

I just tweeted the Queen on Twitter. I said "Dear Mrs Queen, can I please have a knighthood if I promise to protect the realm from Dragons"
I do not think it is really the Queen because of the things she says, but if its a spoof its a good one because she has more than 1 million followers.

Well TK used to be our dragon slayer but he doesn't come around much any more. So if you don't make the cut on the Queen's team, you can have the job here in the Coffee Shop.

Well TK used to be our dragon slayer but he doesn't come around much any more. So if you don't make the cut on the Queen's team, you can have the job here in the Coffee Shop.

Thanks Foxy. If anyone is on twitter you can find the(probably spoof ) queen under the name 'Elisabeth Winsor'

Going to NC late next month to attend my brother's third wedding. Going to be getting me some of that that fantastic Carolina-style pork bar-b-que. Haven't been back to NC in a good many years so it will be good to catch up on things with everybody down there. As far as my brother goes, I think he's nuts. He has twin boys. He's marrying a lady that has four children. That will be a total of six kids and of course his new bride and himself. Neither he or his bride are employed. I guess they plan on living on love.

Good evening all, hope everyone is well.

I haven't been online much as I have been dealing with some person issues. In short, I have been diagnosed with severe depression, possibly the result of long ago childhood sexual abuse. Started medication today and its making me feel ill. I have slept all day (after going to class this morning) and right now don't feel 'quite there'. This is one of the side effects - along with vomiting, headaches, dizziness etc. Should pass in a few days to a week. The drug will take up to a month to start working properly so I have to be patient. And things will probably get worse before they start to get better - silly how that works, huh?

My best friend and my lovely Tracy know and are helping me through it. My parents don't know because I have been through it with them before and sometimes you just can't talk to family.

If Foxy can put me on the prayer list that'd be awesome. I kind of need some kick thoughts coming my way. I have a long road ahead of me.
Next week I see the doctor again, increase my medication and get referred to a counselor. Lets hope I can get better!! :)
Good luck dealing with your condition, Noomi. Seems to me your determination to keep competing, losing weight, and making your own life are definitely the right direction. Chin up, and keep your powder dry, young lady!

Going to NC late next month to attend my brother's third wedding. Going to be getting me some of that that fantastic Carolina-style pork bar-b-que. Haven't been back to NC in a good many years so it will be good to catch up on things with everybody down there. As far as my brother goes, I think he's nuts. He has twin boys. He's marrying a lady that has four children. That will be a total of six kids and of course his new bride and himself. Neither he or his bride are employed. I guess they plan on living on love.
Easy to starve the entire family on "love", BBD. You have a good trip. Are you and the Mrs. taking the BBD-mobile?

1374772_10153473660595010_366592654_n.jpg

Wasn't that word made up by what's his bucket?

No, it was Whatshisface.
Right, I heard it was whatshisface too, only he was talking about a thingamajig.
Did he happen to mention the hoobadoobie?

Well, comparatively, I'm sure some of you would disagree, but the weather here sucks. Rain, I can handle. But rain with blustery wind...not so much. Even the ceremonial start of the Iditarod in Anchorage sucked hugely because the small amount of snow they managed to cart downtown just melted and became slush under the onslaught of rain and warm temperatures.
Spring break this coming week. As usual, I have dozens for projects I have put off so that I can keep up with my school work. As long as I can stay focused, I think I'll get a good amount of work done on several. I'm preparing for a yard sale, and one of my co-workers wants to put some of our stuff on Etsy.
I hope y'all are doing well and are happy, healthy, and comfortable with your lives.

I know Sherry. I know. I hate, hate HATE daylight savings time, at least in the first weeks. My sleep schedule isn't all that sane anyway, and DST screws it up in a major way for months. The New Mexico legislature is actually pondering a bill that would put us on standard or DST year round. I might have to bake them brownies or something and send up to Santa Fe if they actually do it.

10923726_10152691686477499_6349326706219543914_n.jpg

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, and Sheila's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's mom for healing and relief from pain,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Save and Mrs. L in adversity,
Chris in transition,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Ernie's friend and colleague Max,
Ernie for wellness, rest, and extra strength,
Those in the dangerous cold zones,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
Safe travels for those traveling,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, Jughead, Sheila, and Becki and all the others who have been MIA lately. We hope everyone is okay.

mica-lamp-company-sb40-storybook-tavern-outdoor-pendant-rust-powdercoat-.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Wow... really early for Foxy to be signing off... :eusa_eh:

Anyway... here's a little something for those that might be a little computer challenged, gleaned from an email from Ma...

SENIORS & COMPUTERS
As we Silver Surfers know, sometimes we have trouble with our computers.
Yesterday, I had a problem, so I called Joe, the 11 year old next door, whose bedroom looks like Mission Control, and asked him to come over.
Joe clicked a couple of buttons and solved the problem.
As he was walking away, I called after him, 'So, what was wrong?
He replied, 'It was an ID ten T error’.
I didn't want to appear stupid, but nonetheless inquired, 'An, ID ten T error? What's that?....In case I need to fix it again.'
Joe grinned...'Haven't you ever heard of an ID ten T error before?
'No,' I replied.
'Write it down,' he said, 'and I think you'll figure it out.'
So I wrote down:

ID10T

I used to like Joe ...
If you're not a Senior yet, then send this to someone who is.

Been a couple of days since I posted here....
Max is doing well. Lori has managed to leave him at home since the surgery, but I have a feeling I'll see him at Doc's this afternoon. There's only so much stimulus to be had from video games. The rest of us are stepping up with extra hours and duties.
Even me! On Thursday (my day off), I opened at 1 and left about 3PM. I managed a short nap and a rib eye with baked potato before heading back with my "Security" shirt on. I stayed 'til 4 AM.
Now, to look at me, you wouldn't think I would be a good candidate for a bouncer. Hell I weigh in at 135.
But, I am actually quite good at negotiating peaceful solutions and if the defecation were to hit the whirling blades, there is always that barely perceptible bulge at my right hip.
Long night Friday too, but was out of there about 11 last night.
The bronchitis is a lot better. Not gone, but no fever and no 1/2 hour coughing fits waking up the wife at 4 AM. Nasty headache this morning, though.

Wow... really early for Foxy to be signing off... :eusa_eh:

Anyway... here's a little something for those that might be a little computer challenged, gleaned from an email from Ma...

SENIORS & COMPUTERS
As we Silver Surfers know, sometimes we have trouble with our computers.
Yesterday, I had a problem, so I called Joe, the 11 year old next door, whose bedroom looks like Mission Control, and asked him to come over.
Joe clicked a couple of buttons and solved the problem.
As he was walking away, I called after him, 'So, what was wrong?
He replied, 'It was an ID ten T error’.
I didn't want to appear stupid, but nonetheless inquired, 'An, ID ten T error? What's that?....In case I need to fix it again.'
Joe grinned...'Haven't you ever heard of an ID ten T error before?
'No,' I replied.
'Write it down,' he said, 'and I think you'll figure it out.'
So I wrote down:

ID10T

I used to like Joe ...
If you're not a Senior yet, then send this to someone who is.
I work in IT and we use that term all the time.

Max is doing well. Lori has managed to leave him at home since the surgery, but I have a feeling I'll see him at Doc's this afternoon. There's only so much stimulus to be had from video games. The rest of us are stepping up with extra hours and duties.
Even me! On Thursday (my day off), I opened at 1 and left about 3PM. I managed a short nap and a rib eye with baked potato before heading back with my "Security" shirt on. I stayed 'til 4 AM.
Now, to look at me, you wouldn't think I would be a good candidate for a bouncer. Hell I weigh in at 135.
But, I am actually quite good at negotiating peaceful solutions and if the defecation were to hit the whirling blades, there is always that barely perceptible bulge at my right hip.
The bronchitis is a lot better. Not gone, but no fever and no 1/2 hour coughing fits waking up the wife at 4 AM. Nasty headache this morning, though.

Wait, are you trying to say that video games are not enough to keep someone occupied at home alone? I think you may have the wrong games! :D

Good morning everybody, what very little is left of it even in the Mountain Zone. Have I mentioned that I hate daylight savings time? I'm sure I haven't yet today--at USMB anyway. :)

Anyhow we're back from the early church service followed by a great brunch, and now settled in for the afternoon. I'm with Montrovant though--a really good video game can keep me engrossed for hours and I would enjoy having a good excuse to be able to do that for hours.

I signed off early last night so I could go to bed a couple of hours earlier to see if that would cut down on the 'jet lag' from DST. And I think it did help but I won't be quite myself for some time I fear. My biological clock seems to be pretty well set in stone and it doesn't shift gears easily.

Went to bed at 10 pm, woke up at 10 am (actually 11 since I forgot to spring forward), guess I needed the sleep. Went to La Junta then Lamar yesterday pretty much for a drive. Stopped at Bent's Fort amongst antique/junk stores and picked up some reenacting items, might have paid a little more but I'd rather give the money to the fort than anyone else.

Wait, are you trying to say that video games are not enough to keep someone occupied at home alone? I think you may have the wrong games! :D

Ha ! I play computer games that are more fun than Doom 3. I tweet the famous on twitter. I just tweeted president Putin with the following message.
" Putin, stop buzzing Britain with bombers , or I am going to loose my temper with you".

Forum List

Back