USMB Coffee Shop IV

I was reading on Facebook a little while ago. . .who was the genius who decided the time change should happen at 2 a.m. on Sunday morning? Why not at 4 p.m. on Friday afternoon and give us a whole weekend to adjust?
It's for bar owners in the fall. At 1:59:59 it reverts to 1:00 and we get another hour of sales.
In Foley, we have to stop serving at 2 AM and have everyone but staff out by 3. This is also good for us, seeing we go from 1:59:59 to 3 AM and we don't have to deal with drunks sipping their beers for an hour and thinking they might get lucky with the bar maid.

I figure with all the "walking" I've been doing (antique and junk store shopping) plus working out on the elliptical threw the back out again, low and mid back. Have a Chiro appointment tomorrow morning. Like you I've been dealing with this for over 40 years but it's gotten worse over the last 10 years but mine hurts all the time to some degree or another.
It's been quite warm here the last few days, almost all the snow is gone and things are starting to bloom, been using the sinus rinse and nasal spray quite frequently.
Must have been the weekend for the return of back problems. Although, these days I'm never sure if it is my back or my leg. A few months ago, I thought it was my hip bothering me but the MRI showed a herniated disc pushing on the spinal chord manifesting the pain in my hip. This weekend my lower leg wasn't exactly in pain, just uncomfortable. Was it the herniated disc/spinal chord, or my actual leg causing the issue? I don't know.

I'm also getting annoyed with the numbness that runs from about mid-thigh all the way down into my toes, it doesn't seem to be getting better. That is caused by the herniated disc and the doctor said it would take a while to improve. I suppose numbness is probably better than pain. My leg and foot just don't seem to act right sometimes when I am walking. I'm not sure how to properly describe it, but my foot feels "floppy", like it doesn't quite land right while walking, like I have a loss of motor control. It's very aggravating.

Unlike you, Ringal, walking seems to improve my overall situation, but I sit at a desk for most of my working hours. I have to keep reminding myself to get up and walk for a few minutes.
I won't go to a chiro, I see them as little more than witch-doctors and so does the AMA (but with softer language than mine).
You are really missing out on worth while treatment. I was all anti chiropractor back in 72 when I first messed up my back. I went to several orthopedists that either wanted to shock me silly or cut.
After close to a year of not being able to turn in my seat to back up a car, a friend convinced me to see a chiropractor. 2 weeks later I was good to go.
It does come back and I have some degree of pain nearly all the time, but if I pop that sucker out, I head for the Chiro, not the surgeon.
Another thing you might try is inversion therapy.
Even hanging from a bar by your knees can be helpful. Less likely, but worth a shot is to grip a chin up bar, pull yourself up and then dead drop while keeping your grip.

There's a shop called Foley Seafood 3 blocks from Doc's I can get shrimp caught that morning from jumbos through 60-80 for gumbo.

Or I can go down to Billy's Seafood on Bon Secour Bay and buy them right off the boat still floppin' around.
Once a week, the deep water boats will come in with Royal Reds. I've seen them over 1/2 pound each. You'd swear they were skinny lobsters.

Greetings, All!
Been busy. Glad to see everyone and everything is normal in the CS! My buddy and I had a quiet celebration of my BD. I was surprised he remembered, my partner certainly did not. We had clams marinara for dinner and some astoundingly artistic cupcakes for dessert.
I managed to rack up my back pretty badly Friday. It was rainy and the wind was pretty hefty. I had to go up an 8' ladder and slipped on the bottom step coming back down. Fell on my back but didn't think much about it. By morning, I was getting some pretty sharp "twinges". By the time I got ready to go back to work the next day, my back kept seizing up. I've been using alternating heat and cold treatments, but if I bend just the right way, I seize up again. If this pain doesn't start to abate soon, I will be visiting my chiropractor.
Still no additional new babies, although some of my "ladies" are ginormous. Here are a couple of pictures of last Monday's arrivals.

Oh shoot. One thing I really REALLY hate about this new USMB software is we can't get birthday notices for everybody like we used to. So sorry you're in the bad back club today GW, but we definitely do need to acknowledge your birthday: At least its still Monday in Alaska. :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
GALLANT WARRIOR!!!

happy_birthday_goat.jpg
Thanks! Love the greeting. The back will improve. Workers' comp, or not. I haven't had pain this bad for a while. My answer to the queries "what could you have done to prevent this injury?" is...not have climbed a ladder in high winds and rain...yeah, they don't like to see that one. I have to do my job. Sometimes it doesn't work out so good...

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, mdk, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's mom for healing and relief from pain,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Save and Mrs. L in adversity,
Chris in transition,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Ernie's friend and colleague Max,
Ernie for wellness, rest, and extra strength,
Those in the dangerous cold zones,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
Safe travels for those traveling,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, Jughead, Sheila, and Becki and all the others who have been MIA lately. We hope everyone is okay.

mica-lamp-company-sb40-storybook-tavern-outdoor-pendant-rust-powdercoat-.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Har ! is anyone else here on twitter? I have been having a laugh tweeting people. I just sent my latest tweet to president Putin. It goes -
" Putin please take early retirement as I cannot sleep knowing a nutcase like you has your finger on the nuclear button"

I thought it was quite appropriate, but I don't know if he will actually get to read it.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
It was so nice out today, like 45 degrees at least in the sun. I dragged my grill out of the snow (which took a lot of work - it was frozen after being buried in snow for so long). I cleaned it all up yesterday and reseasoned it, and I made hamburgers on the grill. :)
I'm hurt that you didn't invite me over for burgers.

:lol: Don't worry, Alan, there will be plenty more! :wink_2:

It was so nice out today, like 45 degrees at least in the sun. I dragged my grill out of the snow (which took a lot of work - it was frozen after being buried in snow for so long). I cleaned it all up yesterday and reseasoned it, and I made hamburgers on the grill. :)
I gave my grill to my son last year. It wasn't all that nice of a grill, it was a walmart cheapie and was given to me, but it still cooked nice. But just in the last couple weeks I have been thinking it's time for a new grill. I've been wanting to grill something myself, Chris. I miss that flavor. It's been super nice here too, lots of snow melting. Maybe I'll go grill shopping today. I have a rebate certificate from Menards for $46 and change from the portable garage I bought. Maybe I'll use that towards a new grill.

There is nothing better than food cooked on the grill. Those hamburgers were the best hamburgers I've had since last year. :) It was totally worth digging the grill out. It's supposed to be fairly "warm" (not really warm though - ha-ha), in like the 40s all week! We might even get a 50-degree day! :banana: Yay, come on spring!

Good morning folks, I noticed a few bulbs starting to sprout out of the ground already. If last year is any judge I should have a dozen or so more tulips and daffodils in the garden. I usually cut 1/3 of them tulips and put them in vases throughout the house. I can't wait to be in the garden again!

Har ! is anyone else here on twitter? I have been having a laugh tweeting people. I just sent my latest tweet to president Putin. It goes -
" Putin please take early retirement as I cannot sleep knowing a nutcase like you has your finger on the nuclear button"

I thought it was quite appropriate, but I don't know if he will actually get to read it.
So that's why we have Russian aircraft flying into our airspace. It's nothing to do with testing our defences they're looking for YOU!

Good morning folks, I noticed a few bulbs starting to sprout out of the ground already. If last year is any judge I should have a dozen or so more tulips and daffodils in the garden. I usually cut 1/3 of them tulips and put them in vases throughout the house. I can't wait to be in the garden again!

And what part of the country do you live in MDK?

It is going to be a long time before I can even think of planting anything around here. There is still a couple of feet of snow on the ground. It was a LOT of work shoveling off my patio and getting my grill out. It took me several hours. Lol. My arms were sore too! :lol:

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk

It is going to be a long time before I can even think of planting anything around here. There is still a couple of feet of snow on the ground. It was a LOT of work shoveling off my patio and getting my grill out. It took me several hours. Lol. My arms were sore too! :lol:

I am from Western PA. The snow is present but it is melting swiftly but lord knows how long that will last. March is a very fickle month. I've gone to great lengths to improve the soil quality of my property so the bulbs tend to sprout a little earlier and my yield tends to be higher now as result. My tulips got waist high last year on me, but to be fair I am only 5"8. lol.

I am from Western PA. The snow is present but it is melting swiftly but lord knows how long that will last. March is a very fickle month. I've gone to great lengths to improve the soil quality of my property so the bulbs tend to sprout a little earlier and my yield tends to be higher now as result. My tulips got waist high last year on me, but to be fair I am only 5"8. lol.

It's melting pretty fast here too, considering. I imagine we will still have snow on the ground into next month though, at least in the shady areas in the woods and stuff.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk

It's melting pretty fast here too, considering. I imagine we will still have snow on the ground into next month though, at least in the shady areas in the woods and stuff.

It was a little above 40 degrees here yesterday and it was like summer. I did my morning run in shorts.

It was a little above 40 degrees here yesterday and it was like summer. I did my morning run in shorts.

Watch out for falling icicles! :D

The snow here in SW WI is about 90% gone. A couple more days of these nice temps and I expect it all to be gone.

You talking about grilling those burgers has really got me missing my grill. I want a new one but, I imagine that there will be sales on them soon. Guess I can wait 'til then.

Watch out for falling icicles! :D

No joke. The icicles on the wires and telephones poles can be very dangerous; however, my biggest concern is drivers distracted by texting or talking on their damn phone. I almost got hit last week by some tart not paying attention. She looked at me I like I was at fault but I just shook my head and kept on hitting the pavement. What a jackass! lol.

I was really surprised that I had no trouble with my grill at all. I could only see the top of it for probably a month. :lol: It was completely buried in snow, but I dug it out, cleaned it up and it started right up. That's good news since I just bought it last spring. Even the electronic ignition button still works. :)

Forum List

Back