USMB Coffee Shop IV

And what part of the country do you live in MDK?

It is going to be a long time before I can even think of planting anything around here. There is still a couple of feet of snow on the ground. It was a LOT of work shoveling off my patio and getting my grill out. It took me several hours. Lol. My arms were sore too! :lol:

I am from Western PA. The snow is present but it is melting swiftly but lord knows how long that will last. March is a very fickle month. I've gone to great lengths to improve the soil quality of my property so the bulbs tend to sprout a little earlier and my yield tends to be higher now as result. My tulips got waist high last year on me, but to be fair I am only 5"8. lol.

It's melting pretty fast here too, considering. I imagine we will still have snow on the ground into next month though, at least in the shady areas in the woods and stuff.

It was a little above 40 degrees here yesterday and it was like summer. I did my morning run in shorts.

Watch out for falling icicles! :D

No joke. The icicles on the wires and telephones poles can be very dangerous; however, my biggest concern is drivers distracted by texting or talking on their damn phone. I almost got hit last week by some tart not paying attention. She looked at me I like I was at fault but I just shook my head and kept on hitting the pavement. What a jackass! lol.

Yeah, when I was out back shoveling my patio, snow and icicles kept falling off the windows and roof. Scared me half to death a couple of times! Lol.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
Might have me a new pair of speakers. I sold that massive pair of Infinity SM-155's to my son so I need speakers for the man cave. I've never owned a pair of Paradigms, but everything I read about them is outstanding. I hope to win this auction. These are hard to find and would be a real nice upgrade. I don't think many people part with their Paradigms once they own them.

paradigms_zpsyry5gw7o.jpg

Last edited:
Might have me a new pair of speakers. I sold that massive pair of Infinity SM-155's to my son so I need speakers for the man cave. I've never owned a pair of Paradigms, but everything I read about them is outstanding. I hope to win this auction. These are hard to find. I don't think many people part with their Paradigms once they own them.

I just bid $455 for those.

We'll be up around 60 today, near 70 tomorrow then back down in the 50s. Wherever the sun hits the snow is gone but on the shady side of things we still have lots of snow.
Had a rough night last night with my back, can't wait to get adjusted. When I mentioned walking throws my back out it's because I have a very pronounced limp due to my knees, the body isn't built to walk like that so the hips get out of wack causing the back to go out of wack and aggravating the areas that have degeneration. The last time the doc asked how my pain was I told him that if this was to suddenly hit him he'd be writhing on the floor in pain begging for relief, it's amazing how much pain the body can get used to.

Good morning, everybody. Snow is doing a good job of melting around my place but not as fast as I would like. I'm hoping it will all be gone within the next week or so. Snow makes me grumpy. When I get grumpy, Mrs. BBD gets grumpy. When she is grumpy, I hide under the bed. Life is so much better when Mrs. BBD is not grumpy. I guess the solution to the problem is for me to not get grumpy. I guess you can tell I haven't had my second cup of coffee yet this morning....

Oh darn! It's going to be ANOTHER 60+ degree day here. Where's my vest?
75.6 here now. on the way to 78. It's cloudy and we have a good chance of getting some rain. We did get about 2" last night.
I really need to do a couple things here so I'll drop off the wife and come home once I have a bartender.

Might have me a new pair of speakers. I sold that massive pair of Infinity SM-155's to my son so I need speakers for the man cave. I've never owned a pair of Paradigms, but everything I read about them is outstanding. I hope to win this auction. These are hard to find. I don't think many people part with their Paradigms once they own them.

I just bid $455 for those.
Feel free, pard. I'm sure they'll be up around $600 by the time the auction ends anyway.

Har ! is anyone else here on twitter? I have been having a laugh tweeting people. I just sent my latest tweet to president Putin. It goes -
" Putin please take early retirement as I cannot sleep knowing a nutcase like you has your finger on the nuclear button"

I thought it was quite appropriate, but I don't know if he will actually get to read it.
So that's why we have Russian aircraft flying into our airspace. It's nothing to do with testing our defences they're looking for YOU!

Yup. Dajjal no doubt has a black helicopter or two flying over his house too. :)

Good morning everybody. It's Senior Saints Day so I'm thawing the meat for a hamburger casserole. Beautiful day here. We don't own a grill anymore but ya'll are making me think we ought to rethink that. We just don't use one enough to really need one though. We enjoy pan broiled steaks once I learned how to properly season and keep them juicy and yummy, or I use the indoor George Foreman-like electric grill.

I heard on the radio while out running errands yesterday that some guy in Massachusetts actually has a website up selling snow, and people around the country have been buying snow. :lol: Entrepeneurship! Lol.
Yeah, it isn't cheap either. I need a way to market dog poop.

Just put an ad for it on Craig's List. Somebody will buy it. :lol:

I heard on the radio while out running errands yesterday that some guy in Massachusetts actually has a website up selling snow, and people around the country have been buying snow. :lol: Entrepeneurship! Lol.
Yeah, it isn't cheap either. I need a way to market dog poop.

Just put an ad for it on Craig's List. Somebody will buy it. :lol:

Yep some people who make jewelry shellac it and sell it as pierced ear rings.
They do it with dog poop as well as moose poop. :biggrin:

Forum List

Back