USMB.com rated 1st in online 1st Amendment compliance by

..well, just me. But in my 30 or so years online, this is certainly the best site for being able to discuss a broad range of topics. And thinking of these topics, but for overt attack type threads, pretty much anything goes (or at least from within the law and site-rules.) And unlike similar sites, Staff doesn't seem to project their own preferences of biases onto content or official policy decisions.

Well done USMB.

I see a lot of sites that use the excuse of fairness to regulate what members can say. They also hide their user online lists. And keep you from mentioning other sites. If you think about it the only thing you can say is its censorship or control by those mused with the near and dear of their passionable actions. Hell the governments doing it and private company's show up and go along. USMB is more laid back.:eusa_clap:

Last edited:
Before hyperlinks and drag n drop you have to manually type in URLs.

URLs? What are those? We had Gopher and FTP. When we wanted discussion there were the UseNet Newsgroups. For mindless screaming and bot wars, there was IRC. All accessed from a UNIX shell account. Email was much the same as it is now. It blew my mind at first, that I could talk to anyone in the world for free. That was around 1990, before AOL joined in the internet in 1993 and every month became September (which referred in a derogatory manner to college freshmen joining the internet each year).

Being there was no spam, email was even more useful back then. UseNet, being decentralized and thus under nobody's supervision, had no defense against spam, so it was eventually killed by spam. It's technically still around, but is essentially unusable now. FTP is still there, but Gopher was replaced by the HTTP protocol still in use.

Last edited:
Before hyperlinks and drag n drop you have to manually type in URLs.

URLs? What are those? We had Gopher and FTP. When we wanted discussion there were the UseNet Newsgroups. For mindless screaming and bot wars, there was IRC. All accessed from a UNIX shell account. Email was much the same as it is now. It blew my mind at first, that I could talk to anyone in the world for free. That was around 1990, before AOL joined in the internet in 1993 and every month became September (which referred in a derogatory manner to college freshmen joining the internet each year).

Being there was no spam, email was even more useful back then. UseNet, being decentralized and thus under nobody's supervision, had no defense against spam, so it was eventually killed by spam. It's technically still around, but is essentially unusable now. FTP is still there, but Gopher was replaced by the HTTP protocol still in use.

Remember the first time I chatted with someone online. Was AOL 1.0 :) Was blown away musing like "wow, this is another person somewhere else in the world."

My first experience with a computer was my cousin's Apple 2+. He an AC for getting online and demonstrated it. Wasn't as impressed with it as the games :) Eventually got an Apple 2e after the Commodore Vic-20. Whine long enough and parents give in if only to shut ya up :)

The TOS of this place states they can delete any post for any reason, that is not free speech. Free speech would be a forum with no moderation whatever, and you could say whatever you want. That is not how it works here, thus you did not think before you posted.

By the way, I have the same problem with typos, at least half my posts have been edited because of them.

You already get to say way more than you should.....try some other forum....you wouldn't last long.

I have tried other forums, have you considered the possibility that your problem isn't me?

I don't have a problem....I usually consider the source when I read your posts....I'm saying you would have a problem.....you aren't civilized.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Not rocket science.

First Amendment - U.S. Constitution - FindLaw

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Not rocket science.

Peaceably assemble seldom includes killing police officers.

You already get to say way more than you should.....try some other forum....you wouldn't last long.

I have tried other forums, have you considered the possibility that your problem isn't me?

I don't have a problem....I usually consider the source when I read your posts....I'm saying you would have a problem.....you aren't civilized.

Oh please. Can't you recognize a phony when you see one?

Not rocket science.

Peaceably assemble seldom includes killing police officers.

Ok, so a totally unrelated issue needs a touchy feely strategy.

We sympathize with your concerns. Tell us more.

..well, just me. But in my 30 or so years online, this is certainly the best site for being able to discuss a broad range of topics. And thinking of these topics, but for overt attack type threads, pretty much anything goes (or at least from within the law and site-rules.) And unlike similar sites, Staff doesn't seem to project their own preferences of biases onto content or official policy decisions.

Well done USMB.

And in all that time one would think that you'd know the First Amendment doesn't apply to private entities such as message boards.

USMB has never complied with the 1st Amendment, but thanks for displaying the fact that you don't think before you post.

If I thought before posting I wouldn't need to hit Edit so many times correcting typos. :)

...In this case I did think first as the mean-spirited reply was self-redacted before hitting Reply.

The TOS of this place states they can delete any post for any reason, that is not free speech. Free speech would be a forum with no moderation whatever, and you could say whatever you want. That is not how it works here, thus you did not think before you posted.

By the way, I have the same problem with typos, at least half my posts have been edited because of them.

That's because, again, private entities such as message boards aren't subject to the First Amendment.

..well, just me. But in my 30 or so years online, this is certainly the best site for being able to discuss a broad range of topics..

Wowsa, you are the real internet adventurer! :cuckoo: This place deletes or reclasses many of the my threads because they are truthful in regards to zionism. Many places do not censor posts like they do here.

USMB has never complied with the 1st Amendment, but thanks for displaying the fact that you don't think before you post.

If I thought before posting I wouldn't need to hit Edit so many times correcting typos. :)

...In this case I did think first as the mean-spirited reply was self-redacted before hitting Reply.

I would have to say that you're the one committing that particular offense. The OP didn't sat USMB was prefect, he said it was #1.

Forum List

Back