USMB Sports Bar

Unless Boston makes major free agency signings, I don't see them winning 20 games even with Rondo. Rondo, Green or Bradley aren't consistent scorers. And the rest the cast is pretty crappy. I could frankly see them having the worst record in the league and I'd be fine with that. If you're going to suck, make sure you get a top four pick. Ainge may keep Gerald Wallace just to make sure that there's a requisite amount of bricks and lack of chemistry.

And don't think Ainge won't do it. He tanked 07 too.

Oh I know Ainge has no issue with it, the the thing is the East is pretty weak. Look at the teams, Detroit, Charlotte, Orlando, The Wizards, Raptors, Bucks etc etc, a Celtics team with Rondo, Avery Bradley, Sullinger, Wallace etc could fuck around and win 30 games by accident just because the east has alot of shitty teams.

They'll need to get worse then. Trade Sully for a first rounder. Play Fab Melo big minutes, etc.

Bass has to go too, and Courtney Lee. Watch this team surprise all of us and make a run smgdh and we miss out on the pics next year, that would be our luck.

Oh I know Ainge has no issue with it, the the thing is the East is pretty weak. Look at the teams, Detroit, Charlotte, Orlando, The Wizards, Raptors, Bucks etc etc, a Celtics team with Rondo, Avery Bradley, Sullinger, Wallace etc could fuck around and win 30 games by accident just because the east has alot of shitty teams.

They'll need to get worse then. Trade Sully for a first rounder. Play Fab Melo big minutes, etc.

Bass has to go too, and Courtney Lee. Watch this team surprise all of us and make a run smgdh and we miss out on the pics next year, that would be our luck.

Lee seems like he sucks just right. I'd keep him. I'd take a second rounder for Bass.

Lee seems like he sucks just right. I'd keep him. I'd take a second rounder for Bass.

LMAO! Yeah Lee is terrible, he should start over Avery.

Is this another hit and run Pirates post?
As a Pirates fan for the past 50 years, it's hard to get on a bandwagon because we know instinctively what happens once the back-to-school sales start.

Plus, there's no basketball in Pittsburgh so who cares?

Baseball's had a bit more parity. Some of that is revenue sharing. It's more likely the mismanagement of teams like the Mets, Dodgers, Angels, Cubs, etc.

Pirates are in a bad division and have some talent. They can make some noise; especially in the weak NL. They could even make it to the WS. Long term, you're right not to be too excited. So enjoy it for this year at least.
The National League Central is dominated by three teams playing well over .500; the Cardinals, Reds and Pirates. Only the Cubs and Brewers currently have losing records. During most of June, the Pirates, Reds and Cardinals were all playing over .600! I wouldn't call the NL Central a bad division.

The 90's Celtics were horribly mismanaged. Bird wanted to lead the organization and the idiots stonewalled him and they got what they got. Bird made sure he beat their asses by 20 every time he played them when he coached Indy too. He came right out and said it, that he took extra satisfaction in beating the Celtics.

The 90's Celtics were horribly mismanaged. Bird wanted to lead the organization and the idiots stonewalled him and they got what they got. Bird made sure he beat their asses by 20 every time he played them when he coached Indy too. He came right out and said it, that he took extra satisfaction in beating the Celtics.

Hmm I didn't know he wanted to work there, I thought he passed because if he coached them the expectations would be too high. At any rate, tanking for pics is a pretty big gamble, I don't know, I guess I'm just not looking forward to 2-3 years of shitty basketball you know?

Hmm I didn't know he wanted to work there, I thought he passed because if he coached them the expectations would be too high. At any rate, tanking for pics is a pretty big gamble, I don't know, I guess I'm just not looking forward to 2-3 years of shitty basketball you know?

No. He was still tight with Red, Kevin, Reggie and went to work with them right after retirement as a consultant. He was on trek to coach and/or gm next and then about a year later a new owner bought the team and brought in their own shitty management that discarded him like trash.

I can live with the crappy basketball for a a year or two. It's better than total mediocrity like we had this season. A first round exit is the worst thing you can have as a fan.

Plus, Spurs are still fun and I think Leonard will have a break-out year. It'll be fun to watch.

I can live with the crappy basketball for a a year or two. It's better than total mediocrity like we had this season. A first round exit is the worst thing you can have as a fan.

Plus, Spurs are still fun and I think Leonard will have a break-out year. It'll be fun to watch.

You think the Spurs will still hold? I'd like to see them add Al Jefferson or Paul Millsap to give Timmie some rest.

No. He was still tight with Red, Kevin, Reggie and went to work with them right after retirement as a consultant. He was on trek to coach and/or gm next and then about a year later a new owner bought the team and brought in their own shitty management that discarded him like trash.

Too bad we couldn't get Larry to coach now!

You think the Spurs will still hold? I'd like to see them add Al Jefferson or Paul Millsap to give Timmie some rest.

TD played heavier minutes in the playoffs. He'll likely see his mins go down. Ginobili is getting older and is less reliable. I think Leonard has the ability to make his own plays though and they'll allow him to grow more that way. It was obvious that the Spurs needed a wing that could drive to the rim or pull-up and shoot at the end of games.

TD played heavier minutes in the playoffs. He'll likely see his mins go down. Ginobili is getting older and is less reliable. I think Leonard has the ability to make his own plays though and they'll allow him to grow more that way. It was obvious that the Spurs needed a wing that could drive to the rim or pull-up and shoot at the end of games.

I think the Spurs need a center too, Bonner/Diaw etc isn't going to cut it. I will go as far as to say if the Spurs had Anderson Varaejo or Gortat the trophy would be in San Antonio right now.

I think the Spurs need a center too, Bonner/Diaw etc isn't going to cut it. I will go as far as to say if the Spurs had Anderson Varaejo or Gortat the trophy would be in San Antonio right now.

Bonner's not a center. I used to mistakenly think he played some center too. But really, Duncan plays center when he's in the game.

Splitter is better than most centers. But the Spurs could us an upgrade there. He's a great passing center and he improved his high-low with TD. And he's a more dependable FT shooter now. And he's a good defender. But his lack of low post game is glaring. He shoots from his hip and that's not good at the 5.

Bonner's not a center. I used to mistakenly think he played some center too. But really, Duncan plays center when he's in the game.

Splitter is better than most centers. But the Spurs could us an upgrade there. He's a great passing center and he improved his high-low with TD. And he's a more dependable FT shooter now. And he's a good defender. But his lack of low post game is glaring. He shoots from his hip and that's not good at the 5.

Duncan is naturally a PF too, put a decent center next to him and he would shine, just like how KG is a PF. These guys need to be playing in their position, KG will get that chance in Brooklyn.

Duncan is naturally a PF too, put a decent center next to him and he would shine, just like how KG is a PF. These guys need to be playing in their position, KG will get that chance in Brooklyn.

I hope Pierce gets in great shape.

1 - DW
2 - JJ
3- PP
4 - KG
5 - BL

That's a team that can knock-off the Heat.

Plus Terry off the bench, as long as he can get back some of his old magic. I'll be rooting for them, Pierce and KG deserve one more to make up for being robbed in 2010.

1 - DW
2 - JJ
3- PP
4 - KG
5 - BL

Plus Terry off the bench, as long as he can get back some of his old magic. I'll be rooting for them, Pierce and KG deserve one more to make up for being robbed in 2010.

Evans off the bench can give them good intensity. That's good b/c Pierce and KG will need rest. But, they can still play them at the end of close games. Still, the Nets lack of depth is a worry. I hope they get a couple good FA pick-ups.

1 - DW
2 - JJ
3- PP
4 - KG
5 - BL

Evans off the bench can give them good intensity. That's good b/c Pierce and KG will need rest. But, they can still play them at the end of close games. Still, the Nets lack of depth is a worry. I hope they get a couple good FA pick-ups.

I think they should, they can make additions during the season as well. Keeping Evans was good for them as well.

Forum List

Back