USMB Sports Bar

Well another win for the Heat, figures. Ray Allen going there was just too much they have 4 all stars now.

The Heat wouldn't have won fairly officiated series against the Pacers of the Spurs. The Heat even got away with 2 or 3 fouls to end Game 6. Still, this one hurts b/c Leonard literally let the Finals slip through his fingertips.

I'm wondering if Parker's injury was affecting him by the end of the series. He didn't seem like his normal speedy self.

I'm really annoyed that Popovich wouldn't leave Duncan on the floor at the end of Game 6. Geez.

It sucks that Duncan couldn't make that shot at the end of Game 7. Unfortunately, he misses some chippies when he's off balance though.

I didn't think the Spurs readjusted to the Heat taking Green's shot away the final two games. They needed to run more screens for him and less iso's and also, he needed to look for other options, such as mid range shots or passes. He'll need to improve that facet of his game.

Leonard played magnificently. He is definitely the future of that franchise.

I'm pissed off about the calls in Game 6. Stern really managed to cheat Duncan of another championship.

I'm skeptical about the Heat threepeating. I feel like they were exposed this series. It's just a matter of not letting James get in the lane and having a good enough on ball defender. I think the Spurs gave him too much cushion in Game 7 though. There has to be at least a semi contest on the shot. Way too many open threes.

I knew that three by Chalmers at the end of the 3rd would be a killer.

Ray Allen raped Ginobili on that drive and Bosh was all over Green's body at the end of Game 6. Stern's despicable. Honestly, this is why I didn't even bother watching the Thunder Heat last year. I only watched this year b/c it was the Spurs.

I couldn't be happier about this. (with Pierce and KG) The Nets sort of become an extension of the C's and get to possibly dethrone the Heat and the Celtics get three first rounders to go with the first they got from the Clippers for a coach who didn't want to be there anyways.

Y! SPORTS

timthumb.jpeg

I couldn't be happier about this. (with Pierce and KG) The Nets sort of become an extension of the C's and get to possibly dethrone the Heat and the Celtics get three first rounders to go with the first they got from the Clippers for a coach who didn't want to be there anyways.

Y! SPORTS

The Nets will be a power house but the Celtics are completely fucked for sure, no coach and adding Humphries and Wallace to the Celtics means Rondo is on the way out. Those guys tried to kill each other last year I don't see Rajon playing with them.

Well another win for the Heat, figures. Ray Allen going there was just too much they have 4 all stars now.

The Heat wouldn't have won fairly officiated series against the Pacers of the Spurs. The Heat even got away with 2 or 3 fouls to end Game 6. Still, this one hurts b/c Leonard literally let the Finals slip through his fingertips.

I'm wondering if Parker's injury was affecting him by the end of the series. He didn't seem like his normal speedy self.

I'm really annoyed that Popovich wouldn't leave Duncan on the floor at the end of Game 6. Geez.

It sucks that Duncan couldn't make that shot at the end of Game 7. Unfortunately, he misses some chippies when he's off balance though.

I didn't think the Spurs readjusted to the Heat taking Green's shot away the final two games. They needed to run more screens for him and less iso's and also, he needed to look for other options, such as mid range shots or passes. He'll need to improve that facet of his game.

Leonard played magnificently. He is definitely the future of that franchise.

I'm pissed off about the calls in Game 6. Stern really managed to cheat Duncan of another championship.

I'm skeptical about the Heat threepeating. I feel like they were exposed this series. It's just a matter of not letting James get in the lane and having a good enough on ball defender. I think the Spurs gave him too much cushion in Game 7 though. There has to be at least a semi contest on the shot. Way too many open threes.

I knew that three by Chalmers at the end of the 3rd would be a killer.

Ray Allen raped Ginobili on that drive and Bosh was all over Green's body at the end of Game 6. Stern's despicable. Honestly, this is why I didn't even bother watching the Thunder Heat last year. I only watched this year b/c it was the Spurs.

I thought the Spurs had it in game 6, its a real disapointment. I wanted them to win too but there was no way Stern would let Duncan get the best of Lebron for a second time, plus Miami is where the money is not San Antonio.

Y! SPORTS

The Nets will be a power house but the Celtics are completely fucked for sure, no coach and adding Humphries and Wallace to the Celtics means Rondo is on the way out. Those guys tried to kill each other last year I don't see Rajon playing with them.

Rondo has a great long term deal and he's arguably the best PG in the league and he's still pretty young. Ainge ain't trading him. It won't happen.

Y! SPORTS

Rondo has a great long term deal and he's arguably the best PG in the league and he's still pretty young. Ainge ain't trading him. It won't happen.

I heard rumours about a deal with New York in the works for Rondo this morning.:(

Celtics-Nets deal now includes MarShon Brooks & Kris Joseph instead of Reggie Evans & Tornike Shengelia | CelticsLife.com - Boston Celtics Fan Site, Blog, T-shirts

Good job Danny, instead of rebounding machine Reggie Evans we get Marshoon Brooks and Kris Joseph, players we gave up before and had no use for. Boston is going to be some serious trash this season.

That is a good job. Those players have more upside and the C's basically want a crappy season for the high lottery pick. They may have Rondo sit most of the season.

Celtics-Nets deal now includes MarShon Brooks & Kris Joseph instead of Reggie Evans & Tornike Shengelia | CelticsLife.com - Boston Celtics Fan Site, Blog, T-shirts

Good job Danny, instead of rebounding machine Reggie Evans we get Marshoon Brooks and Kris Joseph, players we gave up before and had no use for. Boston is going to be some serious trash this season.

That is a good job. Those players have more upside and the C's basically want a crappy season for the high lottery pick. They may have Rondo sit most of the season.

Their going to have to sit Rondo or trade him, if hes on the roster for a full 82 games he has too much pride to tank the season. I don't like playing the lottery game, we could lose 72 games and theres no guarantee they will get the #1 pic.

Their going to have to sit Rondo or trade him, if hes on the roster for a full 82 games he has too much pride to tank the season. I don't like playing the lottery game, we could lose 72 games and theres no guarantee they will get the #1 pic.

Rondo has pride, but he's not stupid. He wants to compete for championships; not worry about whether he can win 35 games on a crappy team. As long as he has something to occupy himself; like trying to get 20 assists every night, then he should be fine.

However, I am disturbed by the Rondo trade rumors. I would hope that Ainge wouldn't do something stupid like trade Rondo.

The Kings just drafted 2 more guards. I'm hoping their new management plans on trading Fredette. I think he'd be the perfect player to back-up Rondo and Bradley.

Rondo has pride, but he's not stupid. He wants to compete for championships; not worry about whether he can win 35 games on a crappy team. As long as he has something to occupy himself; like trying to get 20 assists every night, then he should be fine.

However, I am disturbed by the Rondo trade rumors. I would hope that Ainge wouldn't do something stupid like trade Rondo.

The Kings just drafted 2 more guards. I'm hoping their new management plans on trading Fredette. I think he'd be the perfect player to back-up Rondo and Bradley.

Ainge has not made a decent personnel move in 3 years, I think he wants to trade Rondo and if Rondo hadn't gotten injured last year, he would already be gone by now. You need to lose more than 35 games to get a decent lottery pic, hell in the East Boston could win 35 games and slide right into the playoffs!

Ainge has not made a decent personnel move in 3 years, I think he wants to trade Rondo and if Rondo hadn't gotten injured last year, he would already be gone by now. You need to lose more than 35 games to get a decent lottery pic, hell in the East Boston could win 35 games and slide right into the playoffs!

Unless Boston makes major free agency signings, I don't see them winning 20 games even with Rondo. Rondo, Green or Bradley aren't consistent scorers. And the rest the cast is pretty crappy. I could frankly see them having the worst record in the league and I'd be fine with that. If you're going to suck, make sure you get a top four pick. Ainge may keep Gerald Wallace just to make sure that there's a requisite amount of bricks and lack of chemistry.

And don't think Ainge won't do it. He tanked 07 too.

21 games over .500! A two game lead in the National League Central! 51 total wins out of the first half of the season!

What will happen to the Pittsburgh Pirates in July and August? Will the wheels fall off like a Chinese motorcycle? Will they fold again like the past two seasons?

It's fun to watch now, but there are still 81 games to play. I suggest every sports fan stays tuned because this year may be history.

Unless Boston makes major free agency signings, I don't see them winning 20 games even with Rondo. Rondo, Green or Bradley aren't consistent scorers. And the rest the cast is pretty crappy. I could frankly see them having the worst record in the league and I'd be fine with that. If you're going to suck, make sure you get a top four pick. Ainge may keep Gerald Wallace just to make sure that there's a requisite amount of bricks and lack of chemistry.

Oh I know Ainge has no issue with it, the the thing is the East is pretty weak. Look at the teams, Detroit, Charlotte, Orlando, The Wizards, Raptors, Bucks etc etc, a Celtics team with Rondo, Avery Bradley, Sullinger, Wallace etc could fuck around and win 30 games by accident just because the east has alot of shitty teams.

Is this another hit and run Pirates post?
As a Pirates fan for the past 50 years, it's hard to get on a bandwagon because we know instinctively what happens once the back-to-school sales start.

Plus, there's no basketball in Pittsburgh so who cares?

Baseball's had a bit more parity. Some of that is revenue sharing. It's more likely the mismanagement of teams like the Mets, Dodgers, Angels, Cubs, etc.

Pirates are in a bad division and have some talent. They can make some noise; especially in the weak NL. They could even make it to the WS. Long term, you're right not to be too excited. So enjoy it for this year at least.

Oh I know Ainge has no issue with it, the the thing is the East is pretty weak. Look at the teams, Detroit, Charlotte, Orlando, The Wizards, Raptors, Bucks etc etc, a Celtics team with Rondo, Avery Bradley, Sullinger, Wallace etc could fuck around and win 30 games by accident just because the east has alot of shitty teams.

They'll need to get worse then. Trade Sully for a first rounder. Play Fab Melo big minutes, etc.

Forum List

Back