USMB Sports Bar

Brad Stevens is the new C's coach. An upgrade from Rivers IMO. It's a perplexing move though. You'd think if they were gonna tank, they'd find a placeholder for a year or two and then bring in Stevens.

Y! SPORTS

Brad Stevens is the new C's coach. An upgrade from Rivers IMO. It's a perplexing move though. You'd think if they were gonna tank, they'd find a placeholder for a year or two and then bring in Stevens.

Y! SPORTS

Well you can't have a garbage team, garbage coach and garbage everything because nobody will want to come to Boston, we could have a chance to nail a hot free agent and totally miss out if theres not at least something attractive about the organization.

Y! SPORTS

Well you can't have a garbage team, garbage coach and garbage everything because nobody will want to come to Boston, we could have a chance to nail a hot free agent and totally miss out if theres not at least something attractive about the organization.

I just don't think Stevens would have came here if the Celts were planning on tanking it this season. Ainge's strategy was making more sense before. I do like that Steven is the coach. But, I really think they should have brought in a placeholder for a year.

Y! SPORTS

I just don't think Stevens would have came here if the Celts were planning on tanking it this season. Ainge's strategy was making more sense before. I do like that Steven is the coach. But, I really think they should have brought in a placeholder for a year.

I think Ainge is scared of going back to the 90s style Celtic basketball where nobody wanted to play for Boston even if you put a gun to their head, if we start to suck too badly Rondo will leave too and than we will be in real trouble.

I think Ainge is scared of going back to the 90s style Celtic basketball where nobody wanted to play for Boston even if you put a gun to their head, if we start to suck too badly Rondo will leave too and than we will be in real trouble.

Unless Jeff Green is capable of 25 and 12 on 50 percent shooting, we're gonna suck pretty bad.

I LOL'd when I heard the Clips traded Bledsoe for Reddick. That's better than getting KG? Clips will never be a championship team. Their owner has ulterior motives; namely money.

Unless Jeff Green is capable of 25 and 12 on 50 percent shooting, we're gonna suck pretty bad.

Green is not capable of anything close to that, even though Ainge thinks he is.

I saw some pre game hoops this weekend Kelly Olnyk looked good in the summer league, and Fab Melo actually looks in shape this year.

Olnyk is a poor man's KG. But these days, there aren't many 7 footers who can shoot like him. I personally thought he wasn't worth the high pick cos he's really slow. Like slower than a lot of 5's and he's a 4. Perhaps he'll work well with Rondo on the pick and pop though. He can really nail shot after shot if he's setup.

Fab is a great shot blocker. I don't know if he'll ever be anything though.

I saw some pre game hoops this weekend Kelly Olnyk looked good in the summer league, and Fab Melo actually looks in shape this year.

Olnyk is a poor man's KG. But these days, there aren't many 7 footers who can shoot like him. I personally thought he wasn't worth the high pick cos he's really slow. Like slower than a lot of 5's and he's a 4. Perhaps he'll work well with Rondo on the pick and pop though. He can really nail shot after shot if he's setup.

I'll be happy with Fab as long as he can stay on the floor, play ok defense and block some shots like Greg Stiesma did for us a few years ago. Maybe one day, become the next Kendrick Perkins. Olnyk reminds me of a poor mans Dirk because of his shooting, I'll take it.

I'll be happy with Fab as long as he can stay on the floor, play ok defense and block some shots like Greg Stiesma did for us a few years ago. Maybe one day, become the next Kendrick Perkins. Olnyk reminds me of a poor mans Dirk because of his shooting, I'll take it.

Poor Man's Dirk is probably the better comparison.

Fab Melo is supposed to be a great shot blocker (probably top five in the league if he got minutes). The problem is he has virtually no offensive game and he's not good on the boards.

Poor Man's Dirk is probably the better comparison.

Fab Melo is supposed to be a great shot blocker (probably top five in the league if he got minutes). The problem is he has virtually no offensive game and he's not good on the boards.

Last year Melo was out of shape and couldn't even be on the floor, from what I saw yesterday he is in alot better shape which is a good start. The jury is out on whether he can play this way in regular NBA games though.

Forum List

Back