A Dock Worker Strike Could Cost Kamala The White House. Why Won’t Biden Stop It?

You people hate allowing workers the right to negotiate their wages. Fuck you, industrialist.

That's not what the strike is about. They're protesting against automation, which would make our ports more competitive and able to process faster. This is the problem with many labor unions. They want us stuck in the 1950s. If we do it their way, ports in Canada and Mexico will get busier and we'll have to import making goods more expensive in the long run.

Become a dock worker then.

They're not worth that. Clean house and get people in there happy at 200g's a year and let's get freight moving.

Just because you THINK you are worth that doesn't mean you are. Look what happened with Yellow. Employees asked for more money than they were worth. Shut the company down. Now they're out there begging for other jobs making less.

I haul their freight all over the nation and I'm gone weeks at a time and I've had a 2% raise since Biden took office, with inflation I'm making less now than my first year of driving.

Last edited:
Longshoreman workers are already at high wages....been at high wages ever since I could remember.

The waiting list to join that union is a long one. Decades long.

In the 80's the salary for Dockworkers was just shy of 6 figures. Seeing how it's 40 years since then I'm sure it's doubled.

Shortly after Joe took office and the FTC did not fight the railroad merger that crippled us with backed up ports and no goods moving....Joe Biden ordered the Ports to be updated and modernized. (Executive function and has been)
However most modern ports heavily rely upon automation. And the equipment that the union is all upset over is today's SOP....the old stuff doesn't exist anymore.
But they want it to.

So they are going to go on strike....but if the automation is completed....most can simply be fired anyway. There won't be a need for them anymore.

Surviving until a Federal Contractor can actually finish? That's another story. Punch lists can be really long. And the Army Corp of Engineers believe themselves to be God. Who knows where they stand on it.

Longshoreman workers are already at high wages....been at high wages ever since I could remember.

In the 80's the salary for Dockworkers was just shy of 6 figures. Seeing how it's 40 years since then I'm sure it's doubled.

Shortly after Joe took office and the FTC did not fight the railroad merger that crippled us with backed up ports and no goods moving....Joe Biden ordered the Ports to be updated and modernized. (Executive function and has been)
However most modern ports heavily rely upon automation. And the equipment that the union is all upset over is today's SOP....the old stuff doesn't exist anymore.
But they want it to.

So they are going to go on strike....but if the automation is completed....most can simply be fired anyway. There won't be a need for them anymore.

Surviving until a Federal Contractor can actually finish? That's another story. Punch lists can be really long. And the Army Corp of Engineers believe themselves to be God. Who knows where they stand on it.

The avg longshoreman makes over 200 grand a year, and they STILL aren't happy.

2h6rhe.jpg

But they want it to.

Just pay them

Forum List

Back