Utah dad says baby taken from him for adoption against his will

He should get custody and the mother should have to pay child support.

He should get custody and the mother should have to pay child support.
Absolutely. I hope his lawyer is right and he has really good chance at winning this. The parents should do the right thing and give the baby back to him...there are MILLIONS of babies up for adoption.

Utah has some real strange custody laws. I once thought of using them to my advantage.

That's what happens when you don't get a legal marriage license.

His rights ended when he fucked a girl without marrying her. I have no sympathy.

Hopefully he has now learned his lesson.

If he is willing to do anything for his child, he should be allowed to keep it especially since its as clear as crystal glass that the baby's mom doesn't want any of the responsibility.

God bless you and him and his baby always!!!

Holly

P.S. There are plenty of other kids out there who need parents. Why go after a baby who is already wanted by a person who had a hand in creating it? Because it takes more than one person to create another life, it should never be up to just one of them people what happens with that newly created life.

That's... odd. I think I'll look into Utah laws, but as far as I know if he can prove the child is genetically his then he, or his parents, would have to sign away his parental rights before an adoption could even take place. I mean if the mother put down that she wasn't aware of who the father was, in which case they'd just need her approval, but he could stand up and get a DNA test to prove he was the father and reinstate his parental rights... Only other thing I can think of would be some kind of exception clause regarding the age of the mother/father in question, but we're talking about a 20 year old here so I highly doubt that could apply...

Curious.

Update: hmmm so Utah Adoption Act:

(e) an unmarried biological father has an inchoate interest that acquires
constitutional protection only when he demonstrates a timely and full commitment to the responsibilities of parenthood, both during pregnancy and upon the child's birth; and
(f) the state has a compelling interest in requiring unmarried biological fathers to
demonstrate commitment by providing appropriate medical care and financial support and by establishing legal paternity, in accordance with the requirements of this chapter.

So... if he blew off taking care of the mother while she was pregnant, after she gave birth, and never established legal paternity maybe?

Last edited:
Funny you didn't have that position when a couple fags sued for child support from a sperm donor
They won on a technicality. He should have signed an agreement or had a physician present as required by law. If he'd won then any man could say he was just a sperm donor to get out of child support.

His rights ended when he fucked a girl without marrying her. I have no sympathy.

Hopefully he has now learned his lesson.

Sorry, but if the State can hold a man responsible for a kid when he doesn't want it, it should have to give him custody, or at least partial custody when he does.

Funny you didn't have that position when a couple fags sued for child support from a sperm donor
They won on a technicality. He should have signed an agreement or had a physician present as required by law. If he'd won then any man could say he was just a sperm donor to get out of child support.
Fags want equal rights. Give it to them. When those two queers split up the one without the child should have paid NOT THE DONOR

Fags want equal rights. Give it to them. When those two queers split up the one without the child should have paid NOT THE DONOR
I didn't say it isn't fucked up. Just that, legally, he didn't protect himself.

If you be the donor you had better get a writ of non-liability from the donee...

Forum List

Back