Utah dad says baby taken from him for adoption against his will

Unfair is one thing, the law not being neutral is another. Consistency is another issue. If you are going to force a man to support a kid he doesn't want, you shouldn't be able to deny him custody of one he does, at least joint custody.

Step it up a notch, if you're going to force payments, then a father should have a say so in any abortion decisions.
Nope. Her body. He made his choice when he dropped his underpants. After that it is up to her.

That you can't see the consistency error with that if you support a gender neutral society speaks volumes of the intellectual dishonesty of your ilk.
Society is not gender-neutral, nor will it ever be. Those who can create life will never be the same as those who simply donate to the process. They are your betters actually. Just a few of you could keep a multitude them in business no problems at all. And if they only want girls, they don't even need you.

Looks like someone is way to into Lesbian-separatist science fiction.

And biology isn't gender neutral, but how the law treats you can be.
Can be but often isn't. That won't change.

And that's not science fiction, that's science. It can be done.

An interesting subject, a fathers objection to abortion. I'm pro-choice, but I do think a father might have a say in the matter. I'm not sure the proper choice though. I think there should be some counseling or something, at least see if they can work something out (obviously the father would be taking full custody after birth and mom would be signing off her parental rights) I do think father's have a say in the situation, but I'm not sure "how much" ya know...

An interesting subject, a fathers objection to abortion. I'm pro-choice, but I do think a father might have a say in the matter. I'm not sure the proper choice though. I think there should be some counseling or something, at least see if they can work something out (obviously the father would be taking full custody after birth and mom would be signing off her parental rights) I do think father's have a say in the situation, but I'm not sure "how much" ya know...
Their say stops at the tip of their unprotected penis.

The name of the father has to be on the birth certificate and entered with the state.. I know states like Texass that allow any name to be put in the Fathers box even if it's not the named ones child...and will have to pay child support even if it is proven that the name is not the real Dad..

Woah wut? Can you give me a source on that bullshit cause I'm going to raise a stink if they prove their not the father and still have to pay child support...
Yes, The Attorney General.. I had to pay child support for 18 years to the state of Texass........

So you were not the father and had to pay child support for 18 years?!? I'm... I'm sorry I'm just not buying this... Did you get a paternity test or are you talking about something that happened way back 20-30 years ago?
23 years ago.....

Modern feminism is a hate movement against men. They think we should be disposable and have no rights with our own children.

They're sexist.

Guess, what,,Men make up half the genetics of that baby! men deserve to be a part of a loving and caring family. To say that we're something to be thrown away and spit on is wrong.

The name of the father has to be on the birth certificate and entered with the state.. I know states like Texass that allow any name to be put in the Fathers box even if it's not the named ones child...and will have to pay child support even if it is proven that the name is not the real Dad..

Woah wut? Can you give me a source on that bullshit cause I'm going to raise a stink if they prove their not the father and still have to pay child support...
Yes, The Attorney General.. I had to pay child support for 18 years to the state of Texass........

So you were not the father and had to pay child support for 18 years?!? I'm... I'm sorry I'm just not buying this... Did you get a paternity test or are you talking about something that happened way back 20-30 years ago?
23 years ago.....

Pre DNA testing then :/ I guess, if it's any consolation, at least, you helped a kido...

23 years ago.....
You either needed a better lawyer, or you thought the child was yours.

23 years ago.....

Pre DNA testing then...
Nope...

Idk, on the one hand I agree, on the other I don't. It's a stickler issue that just isn't decided for me yet. The woman's the one that has to go through child birth, but the guys got a "part" in it somewhere I think.

23 years ago.....

Pre DNA testing then...
Nope...

Prenatal DNA tests didn't become the norm until the 1980's. The tech existed what in the 20's but it wasn't refined to enough accuracy until the 70's/80's (I think it was like 40% or some shit before then)

23 years ago.....
I had a suck azz lawyer and the divorce took place with us 500 miles apart...

Idk, on the one hand I agree, on the other I don't. It's a stickler issue that just isn't decided for me yet. The woman's the one that has to go through child birth, but the guys got a "part" in it somewhere I think.

Half the genetics that make up the child comes from the man. Sorry, but child birth shouldn't be everything in what makes a parent have rights.

23 years ago.....
I had a suck azz lawyer and the divorce took place with us 500 miles apart...
Serves you right then.

Half the genetics that make up the child comes from the man. Sorry, but child birth shouldn't be everything in what makes a parent have rights.

I know, on the one hand... It's a really sticky issue for me like I said. I'm not sure where I'm at on it.

One of my good buddies had his wife abort their kid because she was having an affair. After he had lost his first child to an accident... Like I said it's a sticky issue for me and I can't decide where I'm at... I'm biased...

Half the genetics that make up the child comes from the man. Sorry, buaw in the caset child birth shouldn't be everything in what makes a parent have rights.
Possession is 9/10ths of the law in the case, and the other 1/10 she has as well.

What you think you're going to change my mind with a phrase? lol just drop it, it's not happening.

I'm not ignoring reality... I'm not ignoring my best friend, who thought he was a badass, bawling on my shoulder over it... It's a really sticky thing for me. I mean it worked out for my buddy, he dumped that gal and found himself a good wife, they've got 6 kids together (3 are his) and he's so happy now, but ya know every time I think about it I remember how fucked up he was over it. I know a lot of guys aren't going to be that fucked up, not the majority for sure, but idk... Like I said, I'm biased...

Forum List

Back