Utah looking to repeal 17th amendment

I explained clearly what I meant. Your concern means nothing to me. Whether you agree is immaterial. TN's nonsense above is why the 17th in part was ratified.
you didn't explain or prove anything I proved you wrong, it's up to me to agree with you, it's up to you to be honest, but like every other leftist, you are not capable. no surprise, now run along, you're boring.
I am not too worried since your limited understanding of the OP means nothing to it at all. Don't agree if you wish. Utah wants the 17th appealed so that the GOP senatorial candidates are not subject to primaries instead of party caucuses. A GOP legislature makes sure that the right kind -- a corporatist neo-con -- of Republican senator is voted to the Senate.
thank you, an honest opinion

like pulling teeth.

so you want the gop to control who gets elected and not the people?

Grow up, OK. Your mind was made up before this.

Only because I think the founders got it right the first time. You regressive sodomite enablers can fuck off as far as I'm concerned.
So you are up for slavery and female oppression and destruction of native cultures OK.

Deflecting to subjects that have nothing to do with this thread, so typical of a regressive sodomite enabler.
You try to take the discussion back to the Founders and I backhanded you and your argument.

No regressive, you tried to deflect away form the selection of senators, that I said the founders got right the first time.
That was you, genius. You trotted back to the Founders. We are talking about today. And, no, it will not happen the way you want.

I explained clearly what I meant. Your concern means nothing to me. Whether you agree is immaterial. TN's nonsense above is why the 17th in part was ratified.
you didn't explain or prove anything I proved you wrong, it's up to me to agree with you, it's up to you to be honest, but like every other leftist, you are not capable. no surprise, now run along, you're boring.
I am not too worried since your limited understanding of the OP means nothing to it at all. Don't agree if you wish. Utah wants the 17th appealed so that the GOP senatorial candidates are not subject to primaries instead of party caucuses. A GOP legislature makes sure that the right kind -- a corporatist neo-con -- of Republican senator is voted to the Senate.
thank you, an honest opinion like pulling teeth. so you want the gop to control who gets elected and not the people?
Mischaracterization by you again. See, you can't understand because your intellect is limited. The GOP, I said, wants to control who gets selected, not the people.

thank you, an honest opinion like pulling teeth. so you want the gop to control who gets elected and not the people?
Mischaracterization by you again. See, you can't understand because your intellect is limited. The GOP, I said, wants to control who gets selected, not the people.
so the answer to my question is

yes

but you insult me b/c you couldn't grasp a basic question that was meant to clarify what you said.

:lol: moran

Hey you state rights advocates, sadly the States are more corrupt than the Federal government. The goal after getting elected is about how much money, bribes, and gifts you can grab for yourself.
link

www.ignorantuninformedvoter.com
another person that makes a claim but can't prove it.

I swear I'm a magnet for ignorant uninformed liberals, do you people ever read the news? Who's the latest in a long list of corrupt NY politicians heading to prison? I doubt you know. Please refrain from voting or operating a DVD player.

The Utah Senate Asks Congress to Repeal the 17th Amendment

“The framers of the Constitution created the United States Senate to protect the rights of individual states and safeguard minority opinion in a system of government designed to give greater power to the national government. They modeled the Senate on governors’ councils of the colonial era and on the state senates that had evolved since independence. The framers intended the Senate to be an independent body of responsible citizens who would share power with the president and the House of Representatives. James Madison, paraphrasing Edmund Randolph, explained in his notes that the Senate’s role was “first to protect the people against their rulers [and] secondly to protect the people against the transient impressions into which they themselves might be led.”

The Senate of the United States shall be composed of two Senators from each State, elected by the people thereof, for six years; and each Senator shall have one vote. The electors in each State shall have the qualifications requisite for electors of the most numerous branch of the State legislatures.

When vacancies happen in the representation of any State in the Senate, the executive authority of such State shall issue writs of election to fill such vacancies: Provided, That the legislature of any State may empower the executive thereof to make temporary appointments until the people fill the vacancies by election as the legislature may direct.

This amendment shall not be so construed as to affect the election or term of any Senator chosen before it becomes valid as part of the Constitution.[1]

17th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution: Direct Election of U.S. Senators. Americans did not directly vote for senators for the first 125 years of the Federal Government. The Constitution, as it was adopted in 1788, stated that senators would be elected by state legislatures.

I can understand why they would want that, but the idea that it would end corruption is silly, you're just spreading it around.

Actually it would bring the loyalty of senators back to the State instead of large donors, the Senate was intended to be the States house, the House of Reps was intended to be the peoples house. That all went to shit with the 17th.

I like two houses elected by We the People

Only because I think the founders got it right the first time. You regressive sodomite enablers can fuck off as far as I'm concerned.
So you are up for slavery and female oppression and destruction of native cultures OK.

Deflecting to subjects that have nothing to do with this thread, so typical of a regressive sodomite enabler.
You try to take the discussion back to the Founders and I backhanded you and your argument.

No regressive, you tried to deflect away form the selection of senators, that I said the founders got right the first time.
That was you, genius. You trotted back to the Founders. We are talking about today. And, no, it will not happen the way you want.

I think you have mistaken me for someone who gives a flying fuck about what you say, the Constitution had the Senate to represent the States, now it's just an imitator of the HOR with no loyalty to their States.

I think you have mistaken me for someone who gives a flying fuck about what you say, the Constitution had the Senate to represent the States, now it's just an imitator of the HOR with no loyalty to their States.
As I have stated, the State's, with all of their gerrymandering, have rigged the election of our representation with the,HORs....they now represent state legislature's choice, not ours.

“The framers of the Constitution created the United States Senate to protect the rights of individual states and safeguard minority opinion in a system of government designed to give greater power to the national government. They modeled the Senate on governors’ councils of the colonial era and on the state senates that had evolved since independence. The framers intended the Senate to be an independent body of responsible citizens who would share power with the president and the House of Representatives. James Madison, paraphrasing Edmund Randolph, explained in his notes that the Senate’s role was “first to protect the people against their rulers [and] secondly to protect the people against the transient impressions into which they themselves might be led.”

The Senate of the United States shall be composed of two Senators from each State, elected by the people thereof, for six years; and each Senator shall have one vote. The electors in each State shall have the qualifications requisite for electors of the most numerous branch of the State legislatures.

When vacancies happen in the representation of any State in the Senate, the executive authority of such State shall issue writs of election to fill such vacancies: Provided, That the legislature of any State may empower the executive thereof to make temporary appointments until the people fill the vacancies by election as the legislature may direct.

This amendment shall not be so construed as to affect the election or term of any Senator chosen before it becomes valid as part of the Constitution.[1]

17th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution: Direct Election of U.S. Senators. Americans did not directly vote for senators for the first 125 years of the Federal Government. The Constitution, as it was adopted in 1788, stated that senators would be elected by state legislatures.

I can understand why they would want that, but the idea that it would end corruption is silly, you're just spreading it around.

Actually it would bring the loyalty of senators back to the State instead of large donors, the Senate was intended to be the States house, the House of Reps was intended to be the peoples house. That all went to shit with the 17th.

Good for you. Of course you also like a federal government that violates the Constitution. Neither preferences make you necessarily right.

Good for you. Of course you also like a federal government that violates the Constitution. Neither preferences make you necessarily right.
You do understand what a Constitutional amendment is don't you?

As I have stated, the State's, with all of their gerrymandering, have rigged the election of our representation with the,HORs....they now represent state legislature's choice, not ours.

Have you voiced that concern to your State and fed reps? It will never change until we demand it.

That would be great, it's the worst Constitutional Amendment in American history because it so destroyed State rights and the only real check and balance in government to limit Federal power

Hey you state rights advocates, sadly the States are more corrupt than the Federal government. The goal after getting elected is about how much money, bribes, and gifts you can grab for yourself.
link

www.ignorantuninformedvoter.com
another person that makes a claim but can't prove it.

I swear I'm a magnet for ignorant uninformed liberals, do you people ever read the news? Who's the latest in a long list of corrupt NY politicians heading to prison? I doubt you know. Please refrain from voting or operating a DVD player.
you made a claim, I asked for a link that proved your claim.

you failed

not my fault you think your assumption is fact.

You do understand what a Constitutional amendment is don't you?

Of course I do, I'm sorry you lack the ability to understand a generalized statement.

That would be great, it's the worst Constitutional Amendment in American history because it so destroyed State rights and the only real check and balance in government to limit Federal power

How did it destroy States Rights?

Each state still has two Senators

How do you figure?

we elect our reps directly or elect reps that elect the reps.

seems like it more of the same.

Forum List

Back