Va Governor orders special session

Where are liberals restricting your freedom? Are they trying to tell you what you can or cannot do w/your bodies? Are they trying to tell you what you can or cannot consume in your free time and/or in your own home?
Just what we think and say...
Both parties are about control.

What am I missing about the republican party and control?

With abortion it's about murder and how wrong it is
Continuing to paint folks like myself as criminals for enjoying weed for starters. Tax paying honest folks who don't care for alcohol.
Could give a shit about abortion either.

Why selective? Weed sucks, makes you stupid , cocaine should be still in Coke.

What's stupid about believing folks should not be legislating my mind, body, property or income?
Are you a small government conservative or not?

yes

in regard to the militia.

NOT the people.
Militia consists of the people.

That's a truly weak argument, even for you.

The 2nd Amendment is there to protect us from the hat the Democrats want to do. Take control. It is there so we can protect ourselves and our family. The founding fathers had the sense to know that people like you and other liberals would eventually want to take control. If the liberals do what they want to with guns, yes a militia will rise up to fight it if necessary. Do you think we are just going to hand over our guns. Not happening. Read the 2nd Amendment again with an open mind not blinders on. The 1st Amendment is being stepped on with all the political correctness bullshit. If you speak against the left, Facebook, and the other liberal sites kick you off. Funny that you don’t complain about that. What you need is to experience a home invasion as then we’ll see what hat you think. Maybe an armed robbery or carjacking to open your eyes. You see it a lot. Home invasions and crimes stopped because the people had guns to protect themselves. You have no argument for gun control at all. All of the areas with the worst gun violence have strict gun control and have Democrats in office. Funny how that works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

in Gun Control.

'The nation is watching': Virginia governor orders special session on gun control after Virginia Beach shootings

"Northam said he would seek universal background checks, bans on assault weapons and suppressors, extreme risk protective orders, child access prevention and other restrictions."

Can ANYONE inform me how those restrictions would have prevented the recent shooting?
Long overdue

The fact that there are more loopholes does not mean we shouldn’t get started

yes

in regard to the militia.

NOT the people.
Militia consists of the people.

That's a truly weak argument, even for you.

But not ALL the people were allowed in the Militia.

Do some research.

Women were not allowed in the Militia.

males under the age of 16 were not allowed in the Militia.
(remember, this was at a time when boys, and some girls, in rural areas hunted for meat for the table)

Males OVER the age of 45 were not members of the Militia.

Lame and Halt citizens were not members of the militia.

Which is why the phrase 'well regulated' was inserted.

The 2nd Amendment is there to protect us from the hat the Democrats want to do. Take control. It is there so we can protect ourselves and our family. The founding fathers had the sense to know that people like you and other liberals would eventually want to take control. If the liberals do what they want to with guns, yes a militia will rise up to fight it if necessary. Do you think we are just going to hand over our guns. Not happening. Read the 2nd Amendment again with an open mind not blinders on. The 1st Amendment is being stepped on with all the political correctness bullshit. If you speak against the left, Facebook, and the other liberal sites kick you off. Funny that you don’t complain about that. What you need is to experience a home invasion as then we’ll see what hat you think. Maybe an armed robbery or carjacking to open your eyes. You see it a lot. Home invasions and crimes stopped because the people had guns to protect themselves. You have no argument for gun control at all. All of the areas with the worst gun violence have strict gun control and have Democrats in office. Funny how that works.

You are off your rockers dude, you seem two sheets to the wind.

drunkguy.jpg

None of what you've stated is accurate, or even makes sense.

in Gun Control.

'The nation is watching': Virginia governor orders special session on gun control after Virginia Beach shootings

"Northam said he would seek universal background checks, bans on assault weapons and suppressors, extreme risk protective orders, child access prevention and other restrictions."

Can ANYONE inform me how those restrictions would have prevented the recent shooting?
Long overdue

as stated before,. doing nothing more than sprinkling sugar on dogshit

in Gun Control.

Does it matter? Seems to me that universal background checks, extreme risk protective orders, and child access prevention are common sense and may actually save some lives without overly restricting gun rights.

2nd amendment says otherwise.

There are other rights in the Constitution, can they be restricted? Can you yell fire in a movie theater? Every right comes with restrictions.
Go buy a gun and see if there are any restrictions on the purchase, skippy.

in Gun Control.

Long overdue

Agree

Thé only real solution is a ban on hadguns

We can’t do that so we have to nibble at the edges

Do some research.

(remember, this was at a time when boys, and some girls, in rural areas hunted for meat for the table)

You are conjuring up far rightwing nonsense.

Here's what the damn thing states...

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

In the same sentence "Militia" is referenced ended by "the right of the people", which is equating the two.

It's literally stating that because a militia is necessary to keep the country safe, or the state, pick your choice, that the government must not hinder the people from owning arms. However, it starts w/"well regulated", that's why these same "people" aren't allowed to carry/own/possess rocket launchers or tanks, and such. That means it's not a free for all, as you radicals like to imagine.

Conservatism has rotted your brain dude, seriously.

in Gun Control.

View attachment 263833
open-carry-tx.jpg

Good guys or bad guys? If you're in a gun-free zone, you know. If not...

in Gun Control.

Long overdue

Agree

Thé only real solution is a ban on hadguns

We can’t do that so we have to nibble at the edges

Been nibbling at the edges for decades.

we now have 10s of thousands of laws regulating firearms on the books.

They either dont' work, or are ignored.

If you try to take firearms from the people, you will see a rebellion that will make the Civil War look like a bar fight.

Do some research.

You are conjuring up far rightwing nonsense.

Here's what the damn thing states...

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

In the same sentence "Militia" is referenced ended by "the right of the people", which is equating the two.

It's literally stating that because a militia is necessary to keep the country safe, or the state, pick your choice, that the government must not hinder the people from owning arms. However, it starts w/"well regulated", that's why these same "people" aren't allowed to carry/own/possess rocket launchers or tanks, and such. That means it's not a free for all, as you radicals like to imagine.

Conservatism has rotted your brain dude, seriously.

you don't see the commas, separating the two?

what a pity

in Gun Control.

Long overdue

There are no more loopholes. They got rid of them already. Get up to speed. The only thing that needs to be done is a national mental health check. No more HIPPA getting in the way. That’s all that needs to be done. End of story.

in Gun Control.

They wouldn't have. He's just taking Rahm's advice and not letting a crisis go to waste.

You are off your rockers dude, you seem two sheets to the wind.

drunkguy.jpg

None of what you've stated is accurate, or even makes sense.

No you are of yours. Look it up. The facts are there and have been on here 100 times You idiots don’t read it. I have to look at back and fine the post. There are 5 areas where 90% of gun crimes occur. All have strict gun laws and run by Democrats. Take your meds before you post. Considering I’ve been in the public and private sector all my life I think I know where the shit is bad. I’ll take my 35 years of experience over you libtards the ho troll the net looking for anything to latch onto. Why don’t you go to Chicago for a weekend, see how you make out. .

in Gun Control.

Long overdue

Works in the rest of the civilized world

Forum List

Back