Va Governor orders special session

The liberals want to take our 2 Amendment right away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The 2nd Amendment has the words "well regulated", they are following the constitution by working to make sure guns are well-regulated.

You should be working with them, not against.

You are lying....Well Regulated meant the militia could march and had officers and staff.....

But not ALL the people were allowed in the Militia.

Do some research.

Women were not allowed in the Militia.

males under the age of 16 were not allowed in the Militia.
(remember, this was at a time when boys, and some girls, in rural areas hunted for meat for the table)

Males OVER the age of 45 were not members of the Militia.

Lame and Halt citizens were not members of the militia.

Which is why the phrase 'well regulated' was inserted.
You are conjuring up far rightwing nonsense.

Here's what the damn thing states...

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

In the same sentence "Militia" is referenced ended by "the right of the people", which is equating the two.

It's literally stating that because a militia is necessary to keep the country safe, or the state, pick your choice, that the government must not hinder the people from owning arms. However, it starts w/"well regulated", that's why these same "people" aren't allowed to carry/own/possess rocket launchers or tanks, and such. That means it's not a free for all, as you radicals like to imagine.

Conservatism has rotted your brain dude, seriously.

This has been gone over again and again, and Scalia went through that word by word in the Heller decision.....and you are wrong...not even close....

in Gun Control.

'The nation is watching': Virginia governor orders special session on gun control after Virginia Beach shootings

"Northam said he would seek universal background checks, bans on assault weapons and suppressors, extreme risk protective orders, child access prevention and other restrictions."

Can ANYONE inform me how those restrictions would have prevented the recent shooting?
Long overdue

The fact that there are more loopholes does not mean we shouldn’t get started

as stated before,. doing nothing more than sprinkling sugar on dogshit
Works in the rest of the civilized world

You mean other than the murder of 12 million unarmed men, women and children in Europe, 25 million in Russia, 70 million in China, the 10s of thousands killed in gun free Mexico.........

You mean other than that?

in Gun Control.

'The nation is watching': Virginia governor orders special session on gun control after Virginia Beach shootings

"Northam said he would seek universal background checks, bans on assault weapons and suppressors, extreme risk protective orders, child access prevention and other restrictions."

Can ANYONE inform me how those restrictions would have prevented the recent shooting?
They won't but if we get rid of all the humans that will work..

Did you not see Planet of the Apes?

in Gun Control.

They won't but if we get rid of all the humans that will work..

Did you not see Planet of the Apes?
That is in our near future...

in Gun Control.

Well clearly adding more guns after each shooting has not worked.

BTW have you checked to see if the gun was okay after the shooting?

Wrong on that again...

Mass shooter in the gun free zone facing unarmed victims....12 killed. You know, no guns for law abiding people in the gun free zone.

Number of people killed after more guns arrive at the scene....and shots are fired back at the killer? 0.

So you are wrong on all counts...

hey everyone should have a gun along with the stress of combat 24/7.....More guns!

in Gun Control.

Well clearly adding more guns after each shooting has not worked.

BTW have you checked to see if the gun was okay after the shooting?

Wrong on that again...

Mass shooter in the gun free zone facing unarmed victims....12 killed. You know, no guns for law abiding people in the gun free zone.

Number of people killed after more guns arrive at the scene....and shots are fired back at the killer? 0.

So you are wrong on all counts...

hey everyone should have a gun along with the stress of combat 24/7.....More guns!

More guns = less gun crime.......

Over the last 26 years, we went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 17.25 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2018...guess what happened...

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

in Gun Control.

Long overdue

You mean other than the murder of 12 million unarmed men, women and children in Europe, 25 million in Russia, 70 million in China, the 10s of thousands killed in gun free Mexico.........

So your saying that high density gun areas like Iraq should be the safest in the world.

in Gun Control.

Does it matter? Seems to me that universal background checks, extreme risk protective orders, and child access prevention are common sense and may actually save some lives without overly restricting gun rights.

2nd amendment says otherwise.

There are other rights in the Constitution, can they be restricted? Can you yell fire in a movie theater? Every right comes with restrictions.
Name the restrictions in the 2nd Amendment. I pretty sure its very specific on the subject.

in Gun Control.

Long overdue

So your saying that high density gun areas like Iraq should be the safest in the world.

War zones are not the same as non war zones...... please...try harder.

in Gun Control.

Long overdue

How the hell did Iraq a 3rd world shithole full of Muslims wanting to kill everyone who doesn’t conform to there beliefs and westerners are evil people. Take your Medication before you post. Wow. What a liberal statement. O common sense at all

Where are liberals restricting your freedom? Are they trying to tell you what you can or cannot do w/your bodies? Are they trying to tell you what you can or cannot consume in your free time and/or in your own home?
Just what we think and say...
Both parties are about control.

No Democrats are about control.

Don't fool yourself. I see just as many so called conservatives wanting bans and legislation to control people on other issues.

Of course you do. Liberal news media bullshit.

Not a liberal and I call bullshit on partisans of both parties.
Get out of my life, my speech, my body and my personal shit including my wallet and we are good. Both parties fuck with my rights.

Where are liberals restricting your freedom? Are they trying to tell you what you can or cannot do w/your bodies? Are they trying to tell you what you can or cannot consume in your free time and/or in your own home?

Don't fool yourself. I see just as many so called conservatives wanting bans and legislation to control people on other issues.

Get out of my life, my speech, my body and my personal shit including my wallet and we are good. Both parties fuck with my rights.

So you don't know how many innocent people died so you could smoke weed over the years?

So you don't know how many innocent people died so you could smoke weed over the years?

Dumb typical generalization response. Pure tripe. Yes, by all means lets continue to trample the Constitution in a failed attempt to control human behavior in an effort known as the Drug War. Which resulted in an infestation of drug cartels throughout the country, excessive violence in the inner cities and an even stronger Black Market, including illegal guns on the street.
Behavioral Control Technicians...they exist on both sides. You sound like one.
I voted Trump you idiots.
Not because he is a republican or a democrat, but because the elites of both parties despised him.
People fought so we can decide for ourselves. Not a Nanny State.

in Gun Control.

Does it matter? Seems to me that universal background checks, extreme risk protective orders, and child access prevention are common sense and may actually save some lives without overly restricting gun rights.

There are other rights in the Constitution, can they be restricted? Can you yell fire in a movie theater? Every right comes with restrictions.
Name the restrictions in the 2nd Amendment. I pretty sure its very specific on the subject.
What are the restrictions on free speech?

in Gun Control.

There are no restrictions, but yelling out fire in a movie theater is not free speech its just an asshole trying to get people hurt. It is a crime to hurt innocent people. So I ask again what are the restrictions mentioned in the Constitution on the 2nd Amendment ?

in Gun Control.

hate speech laws - Bing

hate speech laws - Bing

I never knew this..

400px-ICCPR-members2.png

Parties and signatories of the ICCPR
State party
Signatory that has not ratified
State party that attempted to withdraw
Non-state party, non-signatory

(Go to his link for more details)

in Gun Control.

Nope...they don't.....criminals don't undergo background checks, mass shooters like this guy pass the background checks......and he wasn't a criminal and didn't have any orders of protection against him...

Nothing you posted for new laws does anything except increase the cost, paperwork and legal peril for law abiding gun owners....

You are an idiot.
That may be but universal background checks would prevent guns from being diverted and made available to criminals:

While criminals typically do not buy their guns at a store, all but a tiny fraction of those in circulation in the United States are first sold at retail by a gun dealer – including the guns that eventually end up in the hands of criminals.

That first retail sale was most likely legal, in that the clerk followed federal and state requirements for documentation, a background check and record-keeping. While there are scofflaw dealers who sometimes make under-the-counter deals, that is by no means the norm. If a gun ends up in criminal use, it is usually after several more transactions.
Seems like a reasonable solution to keeping guns from criminals.

Forum List

Back