Van Ploughs into Pedestrians at busy Toronto intersection

During the G7 also. Witnesses say dude looked "angry", another guy said he "looked Middle Eastern", not my words, his, on CP24 a local news station. It's uptown, in a fairly upscale location between Finch and Sheppard, high end condos and relatively high wealth there.

The POS held up either a cellphone or a gun, according to two different witnesses. Great work by the police taking the POS alive. One guy said he saw 40-50 people get mowed down, Police officially say 10 hit, but haven't updated it in some time. It was intentional almost certainly, and he was apparently going between 70 and 80 clicks.

My guess is this was a terror attack. Canadian police have a reputation of downplaying these attacks, which serves nobody but those trying to give the appearance that terror doesn't occur here.

Posting inflammatory lies as usual. There is NOTHING about the driver’s ethnicity or suggesting he had a gun.

I have been watching CP24 for 2 hours, do you get CP 24? A guy, who even gave his name but I won't provide it here, said, I quote paraphrasing, "contrary to some reports he looked of Middle Eastern descent". This guy said he saw his face as he mowed down people on the sidewalk.

Another guy tried to follow him and couldn't believe all the bodies flying, seeing a stroller.

Stop with the race baiting, I am providing details here as I live in Toronto. He also jumped out and pointed somthing at the police. This is no accident, it was intentional. The ethnicity was suggested by witnesses, the motive still to be determined.

I am betting on some sob, wannabe ISIS terrorist. I am watching right now, a witness get angry at the newcaster when asked if he thought it was on purpose, his quote, and again "OF COURSE (he's adamant), he looked angry, he also looked scared, just kept going at people along the sidewalk".

This is what I am seeing on TV and reporting. Stop with the naive la-la land view of the world.

It used to be:

Bluloolololoooo!!! We blow you up! Blulololololooooooo!!!

Now it is:

Blulololoolooo!!!! We run you over!!! Blulolooolooo!!!

Here is an article that briefly shows the man getting arrested....

Van hits pedestrians in Toronto: Arrest made after up to 10 people injured in Yonge and Finch area

He is bald and swarthy ....
arrest_yonge_st.jpg

Allah monkey? :dunno:

Swarthy? Looks like a white skinhead to me. Ethnicity can’t be determined from the pictures. They just had a video of the arrest with the driver outside the van pointing a gun at police.

Definitely a terrorist act.

At least eight ambulances have gone to Sunnybrook hospital.

The incident occurred around 1:30 p.m. Monday, police said.

Police said that a white van mounted the curb south of Finch, and struck pedestrians walking along the sidewalk on Yonge.

One body was covered by an orange tarp at Tolman Ave., a block south of Finch, while a half a block away, another body was covered by a tarp.

One person on scene tweeted a photo of a white van on the sidewalk on Yonge, near Poyntz Ave., south of Sheppard Ave.

There is no official word yet on the extent of injuries. Reports indicate pedestrians were also struck near the front of North York Civic Centre. A body could be seen, near Yonge and Empress, at the south end of the civic centre.

“I was in my car and I saw a white van going on the sidewalk,” witness Ham Yu-Jin told Metroland. “I heard a big bang and the van hit a bus shelter and hit people. I turned my car on and chased the van. I’m so lucky, I could have been hit.”

pedestrians_struck_20180423.jpg.size.custom.crop.650x650.jpg

Paramedics attend to people after multiple pedestrians were hit by a van in north Toronto in this handout photo from Instagram (PHIL ZULLO)
He was on the street attending to an errand.

“This is not a car accident,” Ham said.

One witness told the Star that there were three victims near Mel Lastman Square.

Shayne Klayman was sitting in his car the square when he heard people screaming.

“I looked out my window and everyone is just running in front of the vehicle trying to flag down cops and direct cops to where the assailant was,” he said.

Van strikes as many as 10 pedestrians at Yonge and Finch, police don’t know motive or cause of crash | The Star

Socialized medical situations consist of people getting ran over in the street?
And people wonder why americans dont want that shit?

they have better access to medical care there than people do here.

I adore when a) idiots troll about what they don't know anything about; and
b) when people take a tragedy and try to make it idiotic and political.

good going.

The driver was in a Ryder Truck he had rented, according to sources and Ryder Truck made a statement.

During the G7 also. Witnesses say dude looked "angry", another guy said he "looked Middle Eastern", not my words, his, on CP24 a local news station. It's uptown, in a fairly upscale location between Finch and Sheppard, high end condos and relatively high wealth there.

The POS held up either a cellphone or a gun, according to two different witnesses. Great work by the police taking the POS alive. One guy said he saw 40-50 people get mowed down, Police officially say 10 hit, but haven't updated it in some time. It was intentional almost certainly, and he was apparently going between 70 and 80 clicks.

My guess is this was a terror attack. Canadian police have a reputation of downplaying these attacks, which serves nobody but those trying to give the appearance that terror doesn't occur here.

Posting inflammatory lies as usual. There is NOTHING about the driver’s ethnicity or suggesting he had a gun.

I have been watching CP24 for 2 hours, do you get CP 24? A guy, who even gave his name but I won't provide it here, said, I quote paraphrasing, "contrary to some reports he looked of Middle Eastern descent". This guy said he saw his face as he mowed down people on the sidewalk.

Another guy tried to follow him and couldn't believe all the bodies flying, seeing a stroller.

Stop with the race baiting, I am providing details here as I live in Toronto. He also jumped out and pointed somthing at the police. This is no accident, it was intentional. The ethnicity was suggested by witnesses, the motive still to be determined.

I am betting on some sob, wannabe ISIS terrorist. I am watching right now, a witness get angry at the newcaster when asked if he thought it was on purpose, his quote, and again "OF COURSE (he's adamant), he looked angry, he also looked scared, just kept going at people along the sidewalk".

This is what I am seeing on TV and reporting. Stop with the naive la-la land view of the world.

You are a lying sack of shit. Yes I have access to CP24 and I saw the interview you speak of. The guy said he could have been middle eastern and that he couldn’t tell.

It is you that is race baiting. You’re going to feel pretty stupid if it turns out that he’s not a jihadist.

A white van drove up onto the sidewalk at the corner of Yonge and Finch in Toronto just minutes ago. 8 to 10 people were struck. The driver is in custody.

Watching on TV now. No idea if this a medical situation or a terrorist attack.

Thank God no AR-15s were involved.

One hospital has taken in 7 victims and is in lock down as a precaution.

good going.

Speaking of idiots....taking a tragedy and making it political......

IIRC (and I do)....the first feces out of your mouth after the shootings was (GRAB THE GUNS !!! GRAB THE GUNS!!!)

Spell it with me people.....

H-y-p-o-c-r-i-t-e

good going.
:gay:

You are a lying sack of shit. Yes I have access to CP24 and I saw the interview you speak of. The guy said he could have been middle eastern and that he couldn’t tell.

It is you that is race baiting. You’re going to feel pretty stupid if it turns out that he’s not a jihadist.

Really, you saw the interview did you? What was his name of the person interviewed then?

I'm also watching CBC, I'm a sponge on this. I am telling you, the M.O of this fits the profile. If it's not convenient for you, that's tough. If I am wrong, I am wrong, I am going by witnesses responses and the M.O. Even down to it being a rental vehicle.

Last edited:
7 people have been taken to hospital. Current shots show EMS workers loading what appear to be dead bodies into ambulances. They’re full wrapped and covered. I saw three fully covered people lying in the street.

A white van drove up onto the sidewalk at the corner of Yonge and Finch in Toronto just minutes ago. 8 to 10 people were struck. The driver is in custody.

Watching on TV now. No idea if this a medical situation or a terrorist attack.
Just keep repeating, diversity is our strength, diversity is our strength, diversity is our strength...

good going.
you are the least agreeable thing on the internet
upload_2018-4-23_14-33-53.jpeg

Really, you saw the interview did you? What was his name of the person interviewed then?

No idea. Dark skinned guy, not black, with a slight accent. Short hair, interviewed in his car. He followed the driver thinking he was having a heart attack. The guy broke down at the end and said “I can’t do this anymore” and ended the interview.

You don't have to be Middle Eastern to be a Muslim, in fact Muslim isn't even a race...but for some odd reason you leftists keep calling anyone that disparages Muslims racists. Funny stuff really

Video of his arrest. Coincidence he stopped the van in front of a building with Arabic writing? You’ll see the camera pan to it at end of video.
Twitter

Forum List

Back