Various Thoughts on the Issues of Homosexuality

8 If we claim we have no sin, we are only fooling ourselves and not living in the truth. 9 But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness. 10 If we claim we have not sinned, we are calling God a liar and showing that his word has no place in our hearts. 1 john 1:8-10
Quran 21:98 "Indeed, you [disbelievers] and what you worship other than Allah are the firewood of Hell. You will be coming to [enter] it."

If you reject The Truth, you will BURN!!!!!!!!!

Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me. 7 If you had really known me, you would know who my Father is.From now on, you do know him and have seen him!”

8 Philip said, “Lord, show us the Father, and we will be satisfied.”

9 Jesus replied, “Have I been with you all this time, Philip, and yet you still don’t know who I am? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father! So why are you asking me to show him to you? 10 Don’t you believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words I speak are not my own, but my Father who lives in me does his work through me. 11 Just believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me. Or at least believe because of the work you have seen me do.
JOHN 14:6-11
"Don't bother warning the disbelievers. Allah has made it impossible for them to believe so that he can torture them forever after they die." 2:6-7

Enjoy Hell. God's popcorn popper.

Quran 21:98 "Indeed, you [disbelievers] and what you worship other than Allah are the firewood of Hell. You will be coming to [enter] it."

Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me. 7 If you had really known me, you would know who my Father is.From now on, you do know him and have seen him!”

9 Jesus replied, “Have I been with you all this time, Philip, and yet you still don’t know who I am? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father! So why are you asking me to show him to you? 10 Don’t you believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words I speak are not my own, but my Father who lives in me does his work through me. 11 Just believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me. Or at least believe because of the work you have seen me do.
"Don't bother warning the disbelievers. Allah has made it impossible for them to believe so that he can torture them forever after they die." 2:6-7

Because God’s children are human beings—made of flesh and blood—the Son also became flesh and blood. For only as a human being could he die, and only by dying could he break the power of the devil, who had the power of death. 15 Only in this way could he set free all who have lived their lives as slaves to the fear of dying.

16 We also know that the Son did not come to help angels; he came to help the descendants of Abraham. 17 Therefore, it was necessary for him to be made in every respect like us, his brothers and sisters, so that he could be our merciful and faithful High Priest before God. Then he could offer a sacrifice that would take away the sins of the people. 18 Since he himself has gone through suffering and testing, he is able to help us when we are being tested.
HEBREWS 2:14:18

So how many more pages will go by before someone answers as to why lipstick lesbians are attracted to mannish acting/walking/talking/dressing "women" who wear strapon penises?

Because God’s children are human beings—made of flesh and blood—the Son also became flesh and blood. For only as a human being could he die, and only by dying could he break the power of the devil, who had the power of death. 15 Only in this way could he set free all who have lived their lives as slaves to the fear of dying.

16 We also know that the Son did not come to help angels; he came to help the descendants of Abraham. 17 Therefore, it was necessary for him to be made in every respect like us, his brothers and sisters, so that he could be our merciful and faithful High Priest before God. Then he could offer a sacrifice that would take away the sins of the people. 18 Since he himself has gone through suffering and testing, he is able to help us when we are being tested.
HEBREWS 2:14:18
"They who disbelieve, and deny Our revelations, such are rightful Peoples of the Fire. They will abide therein." 2:39

You poor dumb sinner, rejecting the One Truth and off to burn in Hell.

As soon as they walk into a Christian business making demands that a man of faith appease something he sees as a sin. Lawsuits result, supreme court rulings are made, and those rulings ultimately affect the America I live in.

Either you cannot think, or are not willing to think of a circumstance, ergo no real argument. "I know of a tonne of gay people" is nothing but you falling on mere anecdotal evidence to prove your point. Please.

Anyway you wash it, it is bigotted behaviour. You don't get to push your faith down my throat. So if a Christian believes all blacks are going to hell, they don't have to serve them? Pahleeze....

Talk about clutching at straws...

I have given up hope trying to reason with them about it.

It works like this:

Christians claim that the blood of Christ replaces with old Noadic blood-covenant, and therefore, they don't really need to concern themselves with the 613 commandments (Mitzvoteem) laid out in the Torah, which is, of course, the Christian Old Testament as well.

Christians claim that?

Funny, I must have slept through the part of Bible Study that talked about the Noadic blood covenant. I do recall the Noahic covenant, which had nothing to do with blood. As I recall, it is summed up with a rainbow and God's promise to never again destroy the Earth iwth a flood. For some reason, I doubt that any actual Jewish person would get that wrong, which leads me to conclude that you are actually a pompous ass.

By the way, the commandments laid out in the Torah are part of the Mosaic covenant, and plenty of Christians actually believe that we still have to follow them.

Just saying.

In fact, TK claimed that the blood of Christ especially covers -and renders null-and-void- any of those 613 Mitzvoteem that bring a death penalty with them.

But when it comes to two lone verses in Leviticus, 2 out of 613 commandments, both of which use verbage about a specific homosexual act (mishkav Z'char) but not about homosexuality, both of which are called abominations and both of which carry the death penalty with them, all of a sudden, many Christians are totally interested in the book of Leviticus, specifically 18:22 and 20:13. I bet they don't even know one other verse out of that book.

Never mind that Jesus was not quoted even once on the subject, not even once. Never mind that not one of his apostles refers to homosexuality specifically, but rather, once again, to a homosexual act.

Funny, Paul had plenty to say n the subject. If you actually had an argument that was based on anything other than you being a pompous ass you would recognize that Paul should be your source for an argument in defense of anything. He actually received rabbinical training, yet still argued that grace allows Christians to do things that are forbidden to Orthodox Jews. Want to try and make an argument based on that, feel free. If all you want to do is prove you know less about the Bible than me, feel free. Just don't pretend that your lack of knowledge makes you an authority, and expect me not to mock your stupidity.

Never mind any of that: some Christians find homsexuality to be totally abhorrent, and I get that. And I respect that they don't like it.

But to make business decisions based on that? Really?

Who, outside the empty space that is your mind, is making business decisions based on your misunderstanding of their motives?

The seven deadly sins as laid out:

Seven deadly sins - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

lust
gluttony
greed
sloth
wrath
envy
pride

Those sins all have a much higher status, or severity, than a homosexual act.

The seven deadly sins is a philosophical concept adopted by some Christians in an attempt to appease assholes, like you. We can see how well that worked.

By the way, just out of curiosity, and since you have declared yourself to be the all knowing expert on all things, how is homosexuality not covered by lust?

But some Christians are just absolutely wanting to see gays as the enemy. They need a picture of an enemy in front of them to somehow march forward, it seems.

Almost as many Christians think that way as there are gays that think they were turned gay by Martians.

Using TKs logic, and the logic of many others, if such Christians really mean what they say, then she cannot sell to or partake in the marriages of:

people who are obese (gluttony)
people who have had affairs (lust)
cheapskates (greed)
people out of work (lazy)

etc. etc.

And actually, the prohibition against jacking-off or even ejaculating anywhere other than in the vagina is much harsher than that of a homosexual act:

Beresheet (Genesis) 38:8-10

Then Judah said to Onan, “Sleep with your brother’s wife and fulfill your duty to her as a brother-in-law to raise up offspring for your brother.” 9 But Onan knew that the child would not be his; so whenever he slept with his brother’s wife, he spilled his semen on the ground to keep from providing offspring for his brother. 10 What he did was wicked in the Lord’s sight; so the Lord put him to death also.
This translations is way too tame. In original hebrew G-d struck Onan with lighting and fried him.

So, this logically means that Christians should under no circumstances allow the wedding of any man whose seed has landed anywhere but inside a woman's vagina, that is very, very clear.

You can see how this all slowly goes down the rabbit hole of looniness ad absurdium.

Not to mention that gay marriage is technically a legal issue, not a religious issue.

And not to mention that Christians still don't get that homosexuality - a state of being and feeling - is NOT prohibited in the Torah. Specific homosexual acts are, two times, out of 613 commandments or 0.33% of all commandments. That's how important G-d thought this issue to be. And his "Son", as Christians call Yeshuah, didn't even speak a word over it. Not one word.

So, I've given up on the whackos.

Let the Christians discriminate, and when they can't keep their businesses open any more, it's not my problem. Being a good capitalist, I will tell them: tough shit.

You gave up on yourself?

Can't say I care.

So how many more pages will go by before someone answers as to why lipstick lesbians are attracted to mannish acting/walking/talking/dressing "women" who wear strapon penises?
Not the ones I like, and most strapons are used by heterosexuals, so she can repay him in the ass.

Not the ones I like, and most strapons are used by heterosexuals, so she can repay him in the ass.

JESUS SAYS===why do you call it blasphemy when I say, ‘I am the Son of God’? After all, the Father set me apart and sent me into the world. 37 Don’t believe me unless I carry out my Father’s work. 38 But if I do his work, believe in the evidence of the miraculous works I have done, even if you don’t believe me. Then you will know and understand that the Father is in me, and I am in the Father.” JOHN 10:36-38

8 If we claim we have no sin, we are only fooling ourselves and not living in the truth. 9 But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness. 10 If we claim we have not sinned, we are calling God a liar and showing that his word has no place in our hearts. 1 john 1:8-10

Matthew 6:5-14 (English Standard Version)

Matthew 6:5-14

English Standard Version (ESV)
The Lord's Prayer

5 “And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. 6 But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.

7 “And when you pray, do not heap up empty phrases as the Gentiles do, for they think that they will be heard for their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

Philip said, “Lord, show us the Father, and we will be satisfied.”

JOHN 14:9-11

Your first amendment rights stop when it starts impacting on others civil rights. Let's change out the words "gay marriage" for "black" or "woman" and see how well your argument stacks up...
Bullshit

no...thats how laws tend to work.

If you actually look at the law (I know, what a concept) you would see that Constitutional rights actually get more protections than civil rights. The reason for that is quite simple, the law recognizes that Constitutional rights belong to the individual, while civil rights are granted by the state. This is why an illegal alien still has the all the Constitutional rights granted to everyone, but does not have the civil right to vote.

Feel free not to let reality interfere with your opinions, you certainly haven't in the past.

JESUS SAYS===why do you call it blasphemy when I say, ‘I am the Son of God’? After all, the Father set me apart and sent me into the world. 37 Don’t believe me unless I carry out my Father’s work. 38 But if I do his work, believe in the evidence of the miraculous works I have done, even if you don’t believe me. Then you will know and understand that the Father is in me, and I am in the Father.” JOHN 10:36-38
"Christians and Jews (who believe in only part of the Scripture), will suffer in this life and go to hell in the next." 2:85

My poor Hell-Bound fool, he knows not what he does.

Philip said, “Lord, show us the Father, and we will be satisfied.”

JOHN 14:9-11
"The curse of Allah is on disbelievers." 2:89

And off you go to Hell, for rejecting the real God.

The Beatitudes
“God blesses those who are poor and realize their need for him,
for the Kingdom of Heaven is theirs.
God blesses those who mourn,
for they will be comforted.
God blesses those who are humble,
for they will inherit the whole earth.
God blesses those who hunger and thirst for justice,
for they will be satisfied.
God blesses those who are merciful,
for they will be shown mercy.
God blesses those whose hearts are pure,
for they will see God.
God blesses those who work for peace,
for they will be called the children of God.
God blesses those who are persecuted for doing right,
11 “God blesses you when people mock you and persecute you and lie about you[c] and say all sorts of evil things against you because you are my followers. 12 Be happy about it! Be very glad! For a great reward awaits you in heaven. And remember, the ancient prophets were persecuted in the same way.
MATTHEW 5:3-11

Someone else's sexual preferences do not affect me in any way, shape or form.

There are people that get off on frottage with strangers in public. I could be wrong about this, but I am pretty sure you would argue that that particular sexual preference negatively affected you if you met someone who saw you as a desirable partner.

The Beatitudes
“God blesses those who are poor and realize their need for him,
God blesses those who mourn,
for they will be comforted.
God blesses those who are humble,
for they will inherit the whole earth.
God blesses those who hunger and thirst for justice,
for they will be satisfied.
God blesses those who are merciful,
for they will be shown mercy.
God blesses those whose hearts are pure,
for they will see God.
God blesses those who work for peace,
for they will be called the children of God.
God blesses those who are persecuted for doing right,
11 “God blesses you when people mock you and persecute you and lie about you[c] and say all sorts of evil things against you because you are my followers. 12 Be happy about it! Be very glad! For a great reward awaits you in heaven. And remember, the ancient prophets were persecuted in the same way.
MATTHEW 5:3-11
"Allah is an enemy to the disbelievers." 2:98

"Allah has revealed "clear tokens." Only evil people are disbelievers." 2:99

"For disbelievers is a painful doom." 2:104

Since he rejects God, he will burn for his choices in life. I must be off to try and save someone worthy since he is not...

THE TRUTH IS HERE IN THE WORD OF GOD!!!===Your question is answered here!!!!!!!!!! THOSE THAT REJECT GOD===God abandoned them to do whatever shameful things their hearts desired. As a result, they did vile and degrading things with each other’s bodies. 25 They traded the truth about God for a lie. So they worshiped and served the things God created instead of the Creator himself, who is worthy of eternal praise! Amen. 26 That is why God abandoned them to their shameful desires. Even the women turned against the natural way to have sex and instead indulged in sex with each other. 27 And the men, instead of having normal sexual relations with women, burned with lust for each other. Men did shameful things with other men, and as a result of this sin, they suffered within themselves the penalty they deserved.

28 Since they thought it foolish to acknowledge God, he abandoned them to their foolish thinking and let them do things that should never be done. 29 Their lives became full of every kind of wickedness, sin, greed, hate, envy, murder, quarreling, deception, malicious behavior, and gossip. 30 They are backstabbers, haters of God, insolent, proud, and boastful. They invent new ways of sinning, and they disobey their parents. 31 They refuse to understand, break their promises, are heartless, and have no mercy. 32 They know God’s justice requires that those who do these things deserve to die, yet they do them anyway. Worse yet, they encourage others to do them, too.
romans 1:24-32

Posting the same thing over and over just makes people tend to just ignore your posts.

You understand that?

Quoting him for any reason whatever, even if it just to tell him to shut up (guilty) just encourages him.

Show me a Christian religious leader who promotes such actions, show me another part of the world that allows such behaviors -- somehow I've missed all the passionate outrage on that -- and I'll think about taking your transparent attempt at deflection seriously.

:rolleyes:

The thing that is obvious in this thread is that the hypocrisy is so thick you can't even wade through it. Those throwing the Bible up as the authority have mostly missed the intent of the passages they use and only feed those intolerant of religion in general and Christianity in particular. And those intolerant ones in turn use even worse hyperbole and hate speech than some of the Christians have been using.

And if anybody offers any reasoned argument that does not fit the politically correct version, the topic is further derailed by the schoolyard food fight crowd and PC police who pile on with a chorus of charges of ignorance, and intolerance, and wanting to deprive gays of their rights, yadda yadda.

Sometimes I despair that a grown up discussion that encourages all points of view to be be thoughtfully and intelligently discussed is no longer possible in our dumbed down, brainwashed, and politically correct world. Hats off to the OP for trying. But it seems hopeless.

Those throwing the bible up as the ‘authority’ of anything only exhibit their ignorance of the law, as religious doctrine and dogma are legally and Constitutionally irrelevant, and thankfully so.

And there is no “reasoned argument” in support of denying gay Americans their civil liberties, or the right of same-sex couples to access a state’s marriage law, the many invalidated state measures to that end are proof of that. There is also nothing “politically correct” about 14th Amendment jurisprudence, nor are the judges who correctly apply that case law the “PC police.”

Those who seek to deny gay Americans their civil liberties are in fact ignorant, intolerant, and wanting to deprive gays of their rights, there is no other rational, objective, factual explanation that pursues a proper legislative end. They seek only to make gay Americans different from everyone else, which the states cannot do, they cannot render gay Americans strangers to states’ laws, including marriage law.

You do know that you just made her point for her, don't you?

THE TRUTH IS HERE IN THE WORD OF GOD!!!===Your question is answered here!!!!!!!!!! THOSE THAT REJECT GOD===God abandoned them to do whatever shameful things their hearts desired. As a result, they did vile and degrading things with each other’s bodies. 25 They traded the truth about God for a lie. So they worshiped and served the things God created instead of the Creator himself, who is worthy of eternal praise! Amen. 26 That is why God abandoned them to their shameful desires. Even the women turned against the natural way to have sex and instead indulged in sex with each other. 27 And the men, instead of having normal sexual relations with women, burned with lust for each other. Men did shameful things with other men, and as a result of this sin, they suffered within themselves the penalty they deserved.

28 Since they thought it foolish to acknowledge God, he abandoned them to their foolish thinking and let them do things that should never be done. 29 Their lives became full of every kind of wickedness, sin, greed, hate, envy, murder, quarreling, deception, malicious behavior, and gossip. 30 They are backstabbers, haters of God, insolent, proud, and boastful. They invent new ways of sinning, and they disobey their parents. 31 They refuse to understand, break their promises, are heartless, and have no mercy. 32 They know God’s justice requires that those who do these things deserve to die, yet they do them anyway. Worse yet, they encourage others to do them, too.
romans 1:24-32

Posting the same thing over and over just makes people tend to just ignore your posts.

You understand that?

Quoting him for any reason whatever, even if it just to tell him to shut up (guilty) just encourages him.

YES!!! YA'LL FEEL FREE TO ENCOURAGE GISMYS All you want!!!PTL.

Someone else's sexual preferences do not affect me in any way, shape or form.

Here's the problem as I see it: The minute an issue becomes politicized, it's immediately broken down to its most simplistic level - "dumbed down", as you call it. Nuance is tossed out, everything becomes binary. And then comes the traditional deflection, distortion, straw men, hyperbole, outright lies and name-calling, and the conversation becomes nothing more than professional wrestling for political geeks.

This thread has some interesting posts, though, with some more conservative posters saying that they really don't care one way or the other about the topic, and even disagreeing with the hardcore Christian guy.

Refreshing!

As I posted previously, I am pretty darn sure that MOST Christians don't agree with the hardcore Christian guy. Nor with the politically correct if-you-don't-see-it-our-way-you-are-racist-homophobic-bigoted-scum-who-want-to-deny-equal-rights-to-gays crowd. But between the two of them, rational discussion seems pretty unlikely. :)

Live and let live. Not a hard policy to follow.

Live and let live does not include forcing people to attend weddings.

Forum List

Back