Various Thoughts on the Issues of Homosexuality

Why do Conservatives argue that denying gay rights isn't about religion but all they can do to back up their argument is to quote the Bible?

Homosexuals have always been with us...certain cultures have actually celebrated gay love (the 300 at Thermopolae were bi..and the island of Lesbos was named in honor of...u guessed it - Lesbians!
So u homophobes relax...and don't get ur panties in a bunch...LIVE AND LET LIVE

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

YES!!! Those rejecting God's word and choosing to live in sin is nothing new!!!

U silly man...the "God's Word" u refer to may have come from that source...but it was written BY MEN and filtered thru their personal and cultural biases...Do u also believe in slavery and incest..as well as "going into" various handmaidens to begat ?
So please...if u truly believe in God's Word thru Jesus...u will accept ur fellow humans as they are...and rejoice in their joy and ability to not be alone and form families...just like U!

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Posting the same thing over and over just makes people tend to just ignore your posts.

You understand that?

Quoting him for any reason whatever, even if it just to tell him to shut up (guilty) just encourages him.

YES!!! YA'LL FEEL FREE TO ENCOURAGE GISMYS All you want!!!PTL.

I don't think we should encourage those who have made the sinful choice to reject God and live for eternity in the fires of Hell...

uh shitbag...he is trying to make excuses for his lifestyle. :cuckoo:

And how does that make him a "cocksucker" in your mind? Just because you don't agree with him. Is that the way you roll? Really?

Sad...

You address a member whom you don't even know as "shitbag" - and you expect people to take you seriously?

Do you have anything productive to contribute to the conversation, or are you just here to insult and malign?

Do you prefer scumbag to shitbag? Personally, I see you as a fuckwad and a pompous ass, but that is just me. Besides, what makes you think anyone on this board wants to be taken seriously? Everyone I know who wants to be taken seriously writes where they can get paid for it.

Last edited:
The Wisdom of God
18 The message of the cross is foolish to those who are headed for destruction! But we who are being saved know it is the very power of God. 19 As the Scriptures say,
“I will destroy the wisdom of the wise
and discard the intelligence of the intelligent.”
20 So where does this leave the philosophers, the scholars, and the world’s brilliant debaters? God has made the wisdom of this world look foolish. 21 Since God in his wisdom saw to it that the world would never know him through human wisdom, he has used our foolish preaching to save those who believe. 22 It is foolish to the Jews, who ask for signs from heaven. And it is foolish to the Greeks, who seek human wisdom. 23 So when we preach that Christ was crucified, the Jews are offended and the Gentiles say it’s all nonsense.
24 But to those called by God to salvation, both Jews and Gentiles, Christ is the power of God and the wisdom of God. 25 This foolish plan of God is wiser than the wisest of human plans, and God’s weakness is stronger than the greatest of human strength.
26 Remember, dear brothers and sisters, that few of you were wise in the world’s eyes or powerful or wealthy when God called you. 27 Instead, God chose things the world considers foolish in order to shame those who think they are wise. And he chose things that are powerless to shame those who are powerful. 28 God chose things despised by the world, things counted as nothing at all, and used them to bring to nothing what the world considers important. 29 As a result, no one can ever boast in the presence of God.
30 God has united you with Christ Jesus. For our benefit God made him to be wisdom itself. Christ made us right with God; he made us pure and holy, and he freed us from sin. 31 Therefore, as the Scriptures say, “If you want to boast, boast only about the Lord.” 1 Corinthians 1:19-31

Ok, I am not intending to derail the thread, but just a few thoughts.

When discussing whether homosexuality and whether it is nature or nurture, I often run across people that make the statement "who would choose to live that way", or "why would I choose to live this way". In either case, those phrases are sad to see.

That does not compelled me to change my mind on what homosexuality is, it simply makes me want to know the reasoning that it exists. It could indeed be a genetic issue that would make the statement true, but many with differing forms of OCD would make the same statement. So, six of one, half a dozen of the other.

As stated many times before, homosexuality does not seem to make much sense in the natural order of things. As a species, for the species to exist at all, heterosexuality must exist. The same is not true for homosexuality. That being said, humans elected to form societies and governments to protect us, so there must be a place for those who do not reproduce. They should be valued for what they are in the present, not just what they supply to the future.

This being said, true homosexuals benefit in this society to a far greater extent (especially if we allow homosexuals to be comfortable with who they are), than heterosexuals benefit from Homosexuals.

As an example, as a homosexual ages, they rely on the fact that heterosexuals reproduce. They benefit that a heterosexual created taxpayers that help fund their social security. A aging heterosexual does not get that benefit from homosexuality. True, a homosexual could raise children that become taxpayers, but a true homosexual will not create the taxpayer through homosexual activity.

The argument could be made that a homosexual could be an egg or sperm donor, but it is the male / female component of the procedure that creates the offspring, not the homosexual aspect.

If homosexuality is genetic, even sperm and egg donation needs to be extremely transparent (this my argument for a more transparent and tolerance of homosexuality). If homosexuality is a genetic condition, then those donating should be required to declare their sexuality, or at the very least declare that they are uncertain so that those seeking a donation are well aware as to the chance they could be passing the trait to future generations. If we insist in a society that forces gays to stay in the closet the chances of deceit increases.

If homosexuality is not genetic, if it is not something a person is born with, we should actively research what causes it and whether or not there is the possibility of therapy.

Ok, the above is my opinion on several aspects of the debate. Next time I stay at a Holiday Inn Express........

There is some pretty disturbing stuff in there. Do you know that, or does it need to be pointed out to you?

More disturbing that insisting that homosexuality is a genetic defect?

WHY WARN SINNERS!!!====The Lord gave me a message. He said, 17 “Son of man, I have appointed you as a watchman for Israel. Whenever you receive a message from me, warn people immediately. 18 If I warn the wicked, saying, ‘You are under the penalty of death,’ but you fail to deliver the warning, they will die in their sins. And I will hold you responsible for their deaths. 19 If you warn them and they refuse to repent and keep on sinning, they will die in their sins. But you will have saved yourself because you obeyed me.
20 “If righteous people turn away from their righteous behavior and ignore the obstacles I put in their way, they will die. And if you do not warn them, they will die in their sins. None of their righteous acts will be remembered, and I will hold you responsible for their deaths. 21 But if you warn righteous people not to sin and they listen to you and do not sin, they will live, and you will have saved yourself, too.”
EZEKIEL3:16-21

There is some pretty disturbing stuff in there. Do you know that, or does it need to be pointed out to you?

Please point it out. If my opinion is disturbing I want to examine that and respond. I think there's plenty in my opinion to be attacked by both the left and the right.

1. Gay people would not have to ask " why would I want to live this way" if they were not discriminated against by others. That is what that question refers to and THAT is why it is sad. It is not because homosexual people look at their orientation as an affliction of some kind....like OCD.

2. It is physically possible for a gay man to have sex with a gay woman and produce offspring. And.....should the need arise....they will. As long as a sufficient number of the babies born in the world are boys and a sufficient number are girls....the procreation part will take care of itself.

3.That whole idea about how we benefit from producing taxpayers was just a little weird. Homosexual men are males. Homosexual women are females. There is no "homosexual aspect" to the joining of sperm and egg.

4. Then...you went and suggested, if homosexuality is genetic ( as if that is still undecided ) that we need to have sperm donors declare their sexuality so people know that a gay person is the donor. You therefore suggest that if a gay dude donates spermatozoa......the resulting offspring will be gay. That is disturbingly inaccurate.

5. Is there deceit when it comes to sperm donors? Is there a conspiracy of some kind?

6. Therapy?

1. They don't have to ask even if they are discriminated against, it just gives them an opportunity to play on the sympathy of idiots.
  2. What if having two gay parents creates an immunity to whatever it is that causes homosexuality in your universe?
  3. Are you saying people aren't born gay? Didn't you get all offended with me when I provided actual evidence that proved that?
  4. How is it inaccurate to postulate that, if sexual preference is genetic, it can be passed from parent to child? Isn't that what genetic means?
  5. Are all sperm donors highly intelligent and beautiful people? Isn't that what people who sell sperm want the people who buy it to believe? Does that count as conspiracy of some kind?
  6. If sexual preference is anything other than a personal choice people make we can eventually develop a treatment/therapy for it. If you don't like that, jump over to my side and insist that people have the ability to choose whatever they want, and demand that they be accorded the same respect you get anyway.

Good morning, everyone.

I'd like to share with you some of my views regarding the topic of homosexuality. So, here goes. :D

You must be a hateful bigot. No. Just because I don't accept or agree with everything homosexuality doesn't make me a hateful bigot. That is intellectually lazy, not to mention very partisan. Since when does “I don't support gay marriage, agree with people being born gay, or think it's moral” the same as “I hate you for being gay.” There is so much difference there. Disagreeing isn't automatically hating. You may not believe it, but there are Christians out there who believe homosexuality is a sin and hate it, but don't hate the actual person.

...it's OK to insult and mock homosexuals? Sure, you can do that, if you want to be a completely incredulous jerk. That's especially bad when in the same breath you're calling homosexuality a sin. You give homosexuals justified ammo to call you hateful when you deliberately insult and mock them. Do you think Christians should mock and insult people with vile slurs like “faggot”? No. Those who don't support homosexuality can certainly be civil and respectful in their disagreement.

How completely intolerant of you.... Not 100% accepting homosexuality means I'm intolerant? Really? I don't think so. If I could not tolerate you, I would attempt to erase you from existence. Just because I disagree with you doesn't mean I don't tolerate you. I tolerate you plenty, with your obscene gay pride parades, snarky and flamboyant drama, and your annoyingly forced lisping. And when I say “you,” I mean certain loud homosexuals like Perez Hilton. So, no. I'm more than happy to disagree with you while coexisting peacefully. One can tolerate those who disagree. Do you?

But wait, homosexuals are pedophiles!!! Oh, god, be quiet. Homosexuality is when two people of the same sex have sexual attraction towards one another, which typically leads to them having sex. That ain't pedophilia. Being a pedophile is when you have sexual attraction towards a child. Gay, straight, and bisexual pedophiles exist. If you really want to poison the discussion, keep calling homosexuals pedophiles and see what happens. They are two completely different things.

Portrayal and reality regarding homosexuality. For some reason people have made it seem like homosexuals are happy, carefree, fabulous people. And they even took our rainbow and put it in their background. Now, the rainbow, a beautiful and natural phenomenon, has become a symbol of something that's not quite natural or beautiful. The reality is that gay men penetrate the anuses of other men with their genitalia. That means part of their body is going to have feces on it. Does that sound beautiful? No. Saying it like it is isn't a bad thing. Perhaps the “fabulous” imagery some homosexuals enshroud themselves in is compensation for the disgusting nature of their sex. As for lesbians, I've heard one puts on a modified strap that resembles male genitalia. I don't quite understand that. Do more expensive models warm up? Why a woman would prefer another woman with some modified contraption to a living, breathing man merits its own pile of questions. I don't believe in sacred cows, so I have no problem discussing any unsavory detail so long as it's done in a civil manner.

Homosexuals can't be good parents. I don't believe that for a minute. While in my view it'd be better if a child has both a mommy and a daddy for balance, I don't think gay couples are inherently bad parents, or people, at all. Two men or two women can definitely love, cherish, and care for children. It just isn't the same as one mama and one papa. For thousands of years it's been normal for offspring to have one mother and one father. Child's going to be confused, in my opinion. That imbalance doesn't mean homosexual people can't be loving parents. There are two issues here: 1) The imbalance two male or two female parents can bring and 2) Assuming homosexual couples are automatically bad, unfit parents. On the 2nd, no, that assumption is really wrong. On the 1st, I do favor how the yin and yang of man and woman together can bring a balance of two vastly different worlds and perspectives together. I wish my fellow conservatives would stop making that cruel assumption.

If you disagree, you must be gay. That's just juvenile. Seriously. You're not a teenager.

Don't you know people are born gay? According to who? How so, and why? Like I say to religious folk: show me your scientific evidence. In my opinion, people are born straight, because nature has it so that both man and woman have what they need to mate and procreate. I don't understand why homosexual people have their homosexual feelings/attractions. I may be wrong about everything; who knows? It could very well be due to a chemical imbalance in the brain. At the very least keep that possibility in your mind for the sake of unbiased, scientific research explanation. Instead of flying into a furor when some try to research and better understand the science behind homosexuality without a progressive slant, let everyone research the issue. Knowledge is power, and nothing should be beyond the scope of scientific inquiry. I wonder what research would unearth if the intelligentsia weren't of an incredibly liberal---or conservative---slant.

Homosexuals are evil and deserve Hellfire. Boy, this one is tough. I was raised in an Apostolic-Pentecostal home. Now, I'm a nonreligious conservative. Do I believe the traditional Bibles consider it a sin in spite of what revisionist liberals say? Yes. Do I believe in the Bible? Currently, no. That's a whole 'nother discussion. Are homosexuals inherently evil? Absolutely not. All have sinned in the eyes of God... … ...assuming a god even exists, and the one in question at that. Some liberal Christians say we shouldn't judge homosexuals as sinning, but I could just as easily turn the tables by taking the dusty old book and ask them why they absolutely won't acknowledge homosexuality as a sin, unlike other sins they do. If homosexuality is sinful, OK. Now how about greed, lust, and any other conceivable sin out there the Bible mentions? I think it would be wise for liberal Christians to stop ignoring what the Bible mentions about homosexuality, say “alright,” and then point out every other sin that all people so casually do. And I do completely acknowledge how supremely hypocritical some religious people can be.

You've a different opinion? How DARE you!! As history has shown, there's been quite a bit of outrage by some on the left when someone has an opinion in favor of Traditional marriage, etc. I don't understand how some people could get so angry and inflamed over someone else voicing an opinion. That kind of crap needs to stop, because it's immature and detrimental to general discussion. Not only that, but taking it a step further and actually trying to destroy peoples' livelihoods... Holy crap that's wrong. “OH, you believe in taxation? How dare you! I'm going to try and destroy everything you've worked so hard for!” Imagine if someone told you that because you did something so innocuous as sharing your opinion when asked for one. The whole Duck Dynasty debacle is one example of that kind of overreaction. Same with Chick-Fil-A. Same with Miss California (Carrie Prejean) and that loudmouth, Perez Hilton. People like those responsible for this kind of inflamed, Herpe-like overreaction is one thing that hurts the image of ALL homosexual people. It makes them look like they absolutely cannot stand opposing views, and that they have really, really, really thin skin. I'm aware people have very different views from mine, but you don't see me hopping up and down with seething rage while trying to ruin your life over it.

Romeikes & Mathericks. Europe isn't free like America.

Homosexuals and the Military Not sure what to say about this. Let 'em fight for our country. If they sexually harass other military members or do lewd sexual acts in front of other soldiers, punish them for misconduct. Have them fight, but don't tolerate sexual harassment from anyone, whoever they are.

Summary. I'd like to see everyone stop fighting, insulting, disrespecting, and slandering one another over this. All that does is stir up more hatred and anger, which is never going to bring peace about for all here. Respect each other's right to have an opinion, and don't freak out or try to destroy people for disagreeing with you. These sensitive issues aren't nearly as cut-and-dried as some would have you believe. Don't assume homosexuals are pedophiles or bad parents. Don't assume Christians are hateful or bigoted. You don't really understand each other, which makes it very easy to lob attacks. This vicious cycle of hatred and bitterness by all sides will result in nothing good for all involved. Please, I am asking you to stop, step back, and really question and think about how you've been thinking about people. Challenge yourselves to point out your own assumptions and question them vigorously. Ask others to help you if you want. And, whatever you do, talk with people as if they are people. As if they're your neighbors. Don't treat them special, but give them mutual respect. I strongly believe we can talk about virtually anything without becoming consumed in the raging fires of anger and hatred. We are as capable of understanding, coming together, and maintaining peace as we are the reverse.

Though you may disagree, at least try to love and respect one another. :smiliehug:

There are two kinds of folks that come into contact with gay folk.

Those that go out of their way to make issues about them.
Those that do not as they focus on important issues.

You forgot to mention that you are the in the first group.

All foes vanquished sooooo easy and fun too!!!! Tweak!!! BEST NOT TO MESS WITH GISMYS unless you want your fat butt kicked!! tweak!

All foes vanquished sooooo easy and fun too!!!! Tweak!!! BEST NOT TO MESS WITH GISMYS unless you want your fat butt kicked!! tweak!
Yes, you sound just like Jesus...

"Those who disbelieve [are] Deaf, dumb, blind, therefore they have no sense." 2:171

And to think that gizmo thing actually negged me about 3 hours ago.... oh, that was painful.

:rofl:

Yes, you sound just like Jesus...

"Those who disbelieve [are] Deaf, dumb, blind, therefore they have no sense." 2:171

And to think that gizmo thing actually negged me about 3 hours ago.... oh, that was painful.

:rofl:

Dear friends, we are already God’s children, but he has not yet shown us what we will be like when Christ appears. But we do know that we will be like him, for we will see him as he really is. 3 And all who have this eager expectation will keep themselves pure, just as he is pure.1 JOHN 3:2-3

That's easy for you to say when you ignore the posts that expose your silliness. Why not answer those questions I asked you? What about Matthew 6:5-14? :lol: CLOWN!

GOD'S WORD POSTED HERE==These are the wholesome teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ. These teachings promote a godly life. 4 Anyone who teaches something different is arrogant and lacks understanding. Such a person has an unhealthy desire to quibble over the meaning of words. This stirs up arguments ending in jealousy, division, slander, and evil suspicions. 5 These people always cause trouble. Their minds are corrupt, and they have turned their backs on the truth. 1 TIMOTHY 6:3-5

Please point it out. If my opinion is disturbing I want to examine that and respond. I think there's plenty in my opinion to be attacked by both the left and the right.

1. Gay people would not have to ask " why would I want to live this way" if they were not discriminated against by others. That is what that question refers to and THAT is why it is sad. It is not because homosexual people look at their orientation as an affliction of some kind....like OCD.

2. It is physically possible for a gay man to have sex with a gay woman and produce offspring. And.....should the need arise....they will. As long as a sufficient number of the babies born in the world are boys and a sufficient number are girls....the procreation part will take care of itself.

3.That whole idea about how we benefit from producing taxpayers was just a little weird. Homosexual men are males. Homosexual women are females. There is no "homosexual aspect" to the joining of sperm and egg.

4. Then...you went and suggested, if homosexuality is genetic ( as if that is still undecided ) that we need to have sperm donors declare their sexuality so people know that a gay person is the donor. You therefore suggest that if a gay dude donates spermatozoa......the resulting offspring will be gay. That is disturbingly inaccurate.

5. Is there deceit when it comes to sperm donors? Is there a conspiracy of some kind?

6. Therapy?

1. They don't have to ask even if they are discriminated against, it just gives them an opportunity to play on the sympathy of idiots.
  2. What if having two gay parents creates an immunity to whatever it is that causes homosexuality in your universe?
  3. Are you saying people aren't born gay? Didn't you get all offended with me when I provided actual evidence that proved that?
  4. How is it inaccurate to postulate that, if sexual preference is genetic, it can be passed from parent to child? Isn't that what genetic means?
  5. Are all sperm donors highly intelligent and beautiful people? Isn't that what people who sell sperm want the people who buy it to believe? Does that count as conspiracy of some kind?
  6. If sexual preference is anything other than a personal choice people make we can eventually develop a treatment/therapy for it. If you don't like that, jump over to my side and insist that people have the ability to choose whatever they want, and demand that they be accorded the same respect you get anyway.

You never get more than a few inches from my ballsack, do ya? I get it....you are lonely.

You made no sense.....but especially with:

No. 3. Are you a retard? And I never get offended. You are mistaken.

BELIEVERS===Therefore, since God in his mercy has given us this new way,we never give up. 2 We reject all shameful deeds and underhanded methods. We don’t try to trick anyone or distort the word of God. We tell the truth before God, and all who are honest know this.
3 If the Good News we preach is hidden behind a veil, it is hidden only from people who are perishing. 4 Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don’t believe. They are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News. They don’t understand this message about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God.
5 You see, we don’t go around preaching about ourselves. We preach that Jesus Christ is Lord, and we ourselves are your servants for Jesus’ sake. 6 For God, who said, “Let there be light in the darkness,” has made this light shine in our hearts so we could know the glory of God that is seen in the face of Jesus Christ.
7 We now have this light shining in our hearts, but we ourselves are like fragile clay jars containing this great treasure. This makes it clear that our great power is from God, not from ourselves.
2 CORINTHIANS 4:4-7

yeah so anyways this Idea that marriage between one man and one woman goes back to the beginning is a lie. Thats not true. The motives where not for the benefit of the species.

Forum List

Back