🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Vermont driver killed after hitting cow in road at more than 100 mph, police say

I think if you were going over the speed limit, particularly a lot over the speed limit, the accident is 100% on you.

Well, I dunno. I could see an argument being made that:
1. It wasn't the cow's fault.
2. So if not the cow then who allowed or failed to secure it so that it didn't wander into a public highway?
3. Of course, that would be the owner of the cow or those charged with securing it.
4. Sure, going 100mph is not good. But if the cow had been properly secured and not in the highway then some dychhead could have safely driven 200mph by that spot. The cow was on a public highway and travelers have a reasonable expectation that farm animals won't be allowed access to that thruway....regardless if they are breaking the speed laws.

I am positive of all of that, I think.

Well, I dunno. I could see an argument being made that:
1. It wasn't the cow's fault.
2. So if not the cow then who allowed or failed to secure it so that it didn't wander into a public highway?
3. Of course, that would be the owner of the cow or those charged with securing it.
4. Sure, going 100mph is not good. But if the cow had been properly secured and not in the highway then some dychhead could have safely driven 200mph by that spot. The cow was on a public highway and travelers have a reasonable expectation that farm animals won't be allowed access to that thruway....regardless if they are breaking the speed laws.

From what I understand of the law, the speed limit is the speed limit and when you're going 100mph and hit something, it's all on you. Same with driving over the influence. If the speed limit was 55 and you're only going 50 and hit that cow, but are under the influence, it's 100% on you. Now if you are not under the influence and you were going 55 or less and hit the cow, it would be 100% on the cow's owner.

From what I understand of the law, the speed limit is the speed limit and when you're going 100mph and hit something, it's all on you. Same with driving over the influence. If the speed limit was 55 and you're only going 50 and hit that cow, but are under the influence, it's 100% on you. Now if you are not under the influence and you were going 55 or less and hit the cow, it would be 100% on the cow's owner.

what if you're drunk, hit the cow then invite a few friends down to bbq it?

Forum List

Back