Vermont Going To Single Payer By 2017. Kicking Health Insurance Companies Out

Yeah! Just like the ACA!

I would have thought that the cons here would be supportive if this state initiative. Go figure.

I'm totally supportive of each states rights independent of the federal govt.

and yet you live under a centralized federal government.

I suspect you'd actually like a time machine to take you back to the articles of confederation because what you want is a fantasy.

Yeah! Just like the ACA!

I would have thought that the cons here would be supportive if this state initiative. Go figure.

I suspect you'd actually like a time machine to take you back to the articles of confederation because what you want is a fantasy.
So first you criticize people because htey dont support states right, and then you criticise them because they do support states rights.
:cuckoo:
Poor thing. Her posts went downhill with Wiener's political career. Here's a recap of the top moments.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bte7-DUPCMs]Anthony Weiner Gets In Heated Exchange With Jewish Man In Boro Park Weiss Kosher Bakery - YouTube[/ame]

What's going to happen when this works in Vermont just like it has in many nations around the world? What will be the GOP supplied talking point then?

"Well Vermont is mostly white people, and there is less violence so of course healthcare costs are easier to keep under control"

What's going to happen when this works in Vermont just like it has in many nations around the world? What will be the GOP supplied talking point then?

"Well Vermont is mostly white people, and there is less violence so of course healthcare costs are easier to keep under control"

How are they going to fund it? Can I get it for free by buying a PO box in Vermont?

Is this like "What is the GOP going to find about Obamacare to complain about once they get teh websiite fixed"?

so "states' rights" only exists when you want to do LESS than the federal government, not more?

:lmao:

rightwingers are funny

States' rights = good
State stupidity = bad

Being a proponent of states' rights does not mean one has to be a proponent of stupid public policy at any level.

How are they going to fund it? Can I get it for free by buying a PO box in Vermont?

One of hte midwestern states, I forget which, had a program where they would take over the guardianship of any juvenile whose parents committed him to the state's care. Parents drove from Florida just to drop their kids there, because it was the best, easiest, cheapest alternative to anything else. VT better be prepared for an avalanche of sick, chronically ill people knocking their doors down demanding free healthcare.

Yeah! Just like the ACA!

I just said that I was for states rights and yes we all live under a massive centralized govt. You love bigger govt even though it is mediocre and doesn't operate efficiently.....we get it.

The fuck is wrong with you right wing nutters. If any state tries to provide for its citizens in a manner that you right wing whackos don't like, all you can do is root for failure. You people are fucked up.
This forum is a solid Republican state, you aren't going to get support for UHC or liberal policies on here. At best you might get a few right libertarians that are anti-war. Wasting your time here Zeke.

I just said that I was for states rights and yes we all live under a massive centralized govt. You love bigger govt even though it is mediocre and doesn't operate efficiently.....we get it.

I prefer a government that goes by the constitution, which gives federal law supremacy over state laws.... you are aware of that part of the constitution, right?

and you are aware that the constitution gives government the right to act for the general welfare of the populace, right?

did you think they were kidding when they wrote that?

This is another side effect. I too was envisioning people living in Mass., NY, and New Hampshire for their wages and then sucking off the Vermont single payer to avoid having to pay for the new system.

Vermont, like any state, is free to do was they please as long as they do not violate the US Constitution.

However, that does not mean that they are making good choices, or choices I can support. In fact, if I ever have to go to New England and find Myself having to head east from New York to New Hampshire, I fully intend to gas up on the NY side of the border and drive full across without having to stop. This way, I'll not drop a single dime into their economy. I'll even bring a few spare gas cans in case I can't make it on one tank of gas. Or I'll plan to drive the long way around. I hear that the country north of Mass into N.H. is pretty.

I prefer a government that goes by the constitution, which gives federal law supremacy over state laws.... you are aware of that part of the constitution, right?

and you are aware that the constitution gives government the right to act for the general welfare of the populace, right?

So, what do the people do when this massive, centralized federal government is actively destroying the welfare of the nation?

They don't understand that UHC doesn't remove private insurance companies. Any waiting lists can be avoided by taking out private insurance at low cost to cover complex operations. BTW, US private health insurance is crap compared to public healthcare in New Zealand (as I have tried both).

The US only does well in complex or experimental treatment in private hospitals, but only if you have a half a million or above for the operation. But if right-wingers want the pre and post ACA status quo they are welcome to it, their states will not only go bankrupt from spiraling healthcare costs but will be a case study for how other countries should avoid running healthcare.

They don't understand that UHC doesn't remove private insurance companies. Any waiting lists can be avoided by taking out private insurance at low cost to cover complex operations. BTW, US private health insurance is crap compared to public healthcare in New Zealand (as I have tried both).

The US only does well in complex or experimental treatment in private hospitals, but only if you have a half a million or above for the operation. But if right-wingers want the pre and post ACA status quo they are welcome to it, their states will not only go bankrupt from spiraling healthcare costs but will be a case study for how other countries should avoid running healthcare.
So, you advocate paying for it twice. You see, a single payer system is one in which every resident pays into the system in the form of higher taxes. Crushing taxes in fact. Then, those who are well off, can purchase additional insurance (Can we hear more cries about the elites in the future?) for more complicated systems.

The poor can just make do with the longer lines and inadequate service provided by healthcare workers who can't cut it in the rest of the nation and have to settle for the low-wage professionals in the government system.

Poor little poseur. Didnt they cover the COnstitution in law school where you went? Oh yeah, you never went to law school.
If what you said were true then there would be absolutely no constraints on the federal government at all. I know you believe that. Because you're ill informed and stupid. But the truth is otherwise.

So if "general welfare" means whatever the hell the Federal government wants to do, then why did they bother writing a document which stated they are restricted from doing anything that isn't enumerated? What is the point in limiting power when one of the powers is all powers?

What do you suppose they were saying the government can't do? Is there any limit?

I prefer a government that goes by the constitution...

No, you do not. You prefer a centrally planned fascist oligarchy.

All this is is an attempt by Vermont to expand their Medicaid and ACA coverage for their citizens and dump more of their costs on the Feds.
And watch them encourage their citizens to file for social security disability claims same as many other states.
Big Brother at work.

Pretty sure that doesn't mean what you think it does.

Forum List

Back