Vermont Going To Single Payer By 2017. Kicking Health Insurance Companies Out

The fuck is wrong with you right wing nutters. If any state tries to provide for its citizens in a manner that you right wing whackos don't like, all you can do is root for failure. You people are fucked up.

Its Zeke, toothless stumpbroke of USMB, weighing in from the single wide.
Hey Zeke, we aren't rooting for anything. It is an easily foreseeable outcome, at least if you aren't consuming a sixer of Blatz with breakfast.
Lower the cost of anything to free and I guarantee you'll give more of it away than if you had charged for it. Cap the compensation you can get for providing it to below market rates and you'll getmany fewer providers. This leads to shortages and rationing. It is Econ 101, a subject they don't teach in 1st grade, which is why you dont know it.

Hey it is the rabid rabbit. Blatz? Really rabbit? Is that what you drink? I shoulda known. You are classless and have no taste in beer.

But anyway. Anything that you are sure of, I know the opposite will happen.

Vermont is on the right path. The rabid rabbit hates it.

You get a job yet rabbit. Or is 40k posts jobs one? But are you EVER going to post anything remotely intelligent? 40 thousand posts of lies and bullshit. Oh boy. What a rabbit.

Vermont is on the right path? To what?
All you parasitic libs see in this is more free shit.
Tell me ,oh great one, who the fuck is going to pay the bills? And don't respond with the state government. Because as we the intelligent people know is that government pays for nothing. Government's largess comes from the pockets of the producers.
Two cases in point.
In the decade of the 2000's New York State lost over $100 bln in wealth. From 2004 thru 2009 New Jersey lost over $70 bln in wealth.
In both cases high taxes were the main reason given.
Meanwhile tax havens such as Florida, Texas and Tennessee have seen jumps in population.
What's that tell ya?

Having a third party, an insurance company, paying the health care bills of the consumers instead of the consumers paying for and being responsible for their own health care is about as inefficient system fullof waste and fraud as there could ever be.
Until government enters the picture and fully assumes that role. Single payer in America with plaintiffs lawyers running up the tab as high as they can telling their clients to go to the doctor non stop to raise the damages on their accident cases.
We have become a nation of village idiots.
Health care costs will either skyrocket in Vermont or doctors will leave or not go there to practice when they first get their license. Or both.
Whatever happened to folks taking responsibility for their own health care? They have cash for their toys. Sell them and pay for your own damn health care.

you do realize that some people have health problems and cant afford to pay for everything that they need right?.....

I do.
You do realize there are existing remedies in place and currently no one is denied treatment anywhere I know of. Do they get blank check health care right now? No, they shouldn't. But they get indigent care now through Medicaid. They now get care that is better than what everyone will soon get.

You do realize that, don't you?

you said......Whatever happened to folks taking responsibility for their own health care? They have cash for their toys. Sell them and pay for your own damn health care

in post 33 you said......Folks have money for their $30,000 fancy motorcycles, boats, jet skis and big trucks but do not have money to pay their own damn health care bills.......
i dont think everyone lives in your neighborhood were they have those kinda things to sell .....you do realize that right?.....or are you that out of touch with the general population?...

And they will experience delays in treatment and more needless deaths, just like European countries and the VA.
Why anyone thinks this is an advance is beyond me.

I agree.

Also when they have more people taking the "free" HC then they have paying for it and taxes go up to cover the costs you can bet your ass the taxpayers in Vt. will catch a clue.

Single payer is not an advance. Its a way for those who have to pay for those who don't. Just like the ACA.

single payor does not prohibit you from having your own insurance or having private doctors in any country that I know of.

where do you get this stuff?

and waiting for care is better than NOT HAVING CARE.

sheesh.

Oh yes it does..
Follow the logic. For any government program of the size and magnitude of a single payer system to work, it MUST be a captive program with NO opt out.

Vermont? With its 3.3% unemployment rate? hmmm....

btw,

the great state of Texas has 10 times as many people without health insurance as Vermont has people.

So pick your model.

How is the Cherry picking business these days?

Although the Vermont unemployment rate is low, we shouldn’t be complacent about it, or its steady decline, or its low rate compared to the nation. Vermont’s low unemployment rate?we have the fifth lowest rate in the nation?is not due to stellar economic performance. Rather, its low level is due to our population makeup and demographics.

Vermont does not have as many of the population subgroups that have high unemployment rates?especially young people and people of color?as most states do, or as many as the nation as a whole has.

Over the past twelve months the number of unemployed Vermonters has fallen by 2,400, a number consistent with a declining unemployment rate. But the number of Vermonters working or looking for work?the labor force?has declined by more than 5,000. The reduction in the number of unemployed is good news for the unemployment rate, but not when it’s due to Vermonters dropping out of the labor force. Indeed, 3,000 fewer Vermonters are working today than a year ago. That does not bode well for the future of the state’s economy or for those people’s future.

The story behind Vermont's low unemployment rate | Burlington Free Press | burlingtonfreepress.com

Trying to shit on a 3/3% unemployment rate is trying way too hard.

Outright lying is way too easy for you isn't it? You once again implied something that wasn't true and when I once again called you out and you start lying again. What is wrong with you? Is it true that liberalism is a mental disorder so you can't help yourself? I am starting to believe it is, cause you do it all the time. Now don't get me wrong I like shoving it back at you but really what is wrong with you?

Actually Vermont passed this a few years ago.

It was supposed to be a secret. They'd like to keep it the most rural state in the country.

But now that the cat's out of the bag... I'm not supposed to tell you this but... they have public libraries too. And freeways. And public parks. :eusa_shhh:

You don't know where you heard this. I was never here; we never had this conversation. :scared1:

Last edited:
Is it only a matter of time before the nation follows suit?

Vermont Wants Aetna, Cigna and Other Health Insurers Dead

Under a single-payer system, there is no role for health insurance companies such as Aetna and Cigna as the government pays all the medical bills. Many hope that the United States will implement a single-payer system.

In Canada, the pay for medical doctors is about 50% lower. In Norway, it is nearly two-thirds lower.

Vermont Wants Aetna, Cigna and Other Health Insurers To Be History - TheStreet

I am in complete support of a single payer system, so long as it allows for private insurance for those who choose to pay extra for it. The biggest fault of the Canadian system is that they do not allow for any private insurance. On the other hand, the UK does. They have the NHS which everyone can use, but you can also purchase supplemental insurance if you choose. Doing so gets you a few perks such as jumping to the front of the line when needing to see a doctor for non-emergencies, along with having a wider choice of doctors.

Vermont Wants Aetna, Cigna and Other Health Insurers Dead

In Canada, the pay for medical doctors is about 50% lower. In Norway, it is nearly two-thirds lower.

I am in complete support of a single payer system, so long as it allows for private insurance for those who choose to pay extra for it. The biggest fault of the Canadian system is that they do not allow for any private insurance. On the other hand, the UK does. They have the NHS which everyone can use, but you can also purchase supplemental insurance if you choose. Doing so gets you a few perks such as jumping to the front of the line when needing to see a doctor for non-emergencies, along with having a wider choice of doctors.

The British system seems unfair to the poor and grants the 1 percenters another luxury at the expense of the working man, or at least that is how it would be sold in the states.

Having a third party, an insurance company, paying the health care bills of the consumers instead of the consumers paying for and being responsible for their own health care is about as inefficient system fullof waste and fraud as there could ever be.
Until government enters the picture and fully assumes that role. Single payer in America with plaintiffs lawyers running up the tab as high as they can telling their clients to go to the doctor non stop to raise the damages on their accident cases.
Health care costs will either skyrocket in Vermont or doctors will leave or not go there to practice when they first get their license. Or both.
Whatever happened to folks taking responsibility for their own health care? They have cash for their toys. Sell them and pay for your own damn health care.

Most people cannot afford $1 or $2 million to treat their cancer. While I do believe that we would be better off paying out of pocket for routine medical care, insurance is necessary for the big bills if/or when we get sick to the point that it requires a significant hospital stay.

The British system seems unfair to the poor and grants the 1 percenters another luxury at the expense of the working man, or at least that is how it would be sold in the states.

As the British would say, rubbish.

Comparing Vermont to most anywhere else is just plain BS. Their population is about 627,000 mostly white.

NYC is over 8 million, one city alone. Vermont is about the same population as Boston.

Well it was sarcasm. But I can see that those who can't buy the supplement bitchin' cause the rich can. Much like when the government gave out refunds on taxes, those who never paid and even got money back they never paid in complained because they too didn't get a refund on nothing. This would be no different.

BTW do you know how much a Brit pays for NHS coverage? Alone?

Most people cannot afford $1 or $2 million to treat their cancer. While I do believe that we would be better off paying out of pocket for routine medical care, insurance is necessary for the big bills if/or when we get sick to the point that it requires a significant hospital stay.

I assume you do not get coverage under Obamacare. The co pay now is 6000 dollars for most plans. All the plans are actually the same the co pay the difference is if someone put out the money upfront more maybe be covered.

Comparing Vermont to most anywhere else is just plain BS. Their population is about 627,000 mostly white.

NYC is over 8 million, one city alone. Vermont is about the same population as Boston.
The Right uses the population for any argument. Single payer is based on many things but not population.

Well it was sarcasm. But I can see that those who can't buy the supplement bitchin' cause the rich can. Much like when the government gave out refunds on taxes, those who never paid and even got money back they never paid in complained because they too didn't get a refund on nothing. This would be no different.

BTW do you know how much a Brit pays for NHS coverage? Alone?

The NHS is paid for through taxes, so it is income based. Some pay more than others. As a country, Brits only pay about half of what we do in the US.

I assume you do not get coverage under Obamacare. The co pay now is 6000 dollars for most plans. All the plans are actually the same the co pay the difference is if someone put out the money upfront more maybe be covered.

I do have a plan through the ACA. While the deductible is high, unless I get really sick, I will never come close to paying that much. What most people do not understand about these plans is that a lot of things are covered 100% before the deductible. Two doctor's visits per year are covered, any preventative care is covered, including things like mammograms and colonoscopies. For me it works quite well, but I do realize that for those who are not so healthy, the high deductible is not all that workable. The other option of taking a low deductible plan just transfers most of the cost to the policy itself as the premiums skyrocket. The real problem with healthcare costs in the US is that they cost to much. This is what needs to be addressed. Why can a person get a hip replacement in Belgium for around $15,000 when it costs around $100,000 in the US. Something is drastically wrong with that. It's not because of the insurance companies.

What's going to happen when this works in Vermont just like it has in many nations around the world? What will be the GOP supplied talking point then?

"Well Vermont is mostly white people, and there is less violence so of course healthcare costs are easier to keep under control"

If it works in Vermont, other states will take a look at their system and see if it will work in their state. That is the way the soverign state system is designed to work. Fifty separate experiments in government, with the best solutions to problems being picked up by the other experimenters.

What's going to happen when this works in Vermont just like it has in many nations around the world? What will be the GOP supplied talking point then?

"Well Vermont is mostly white people, and there is less violence so of course healthcare costs are easier to keep under control"

If it works in Vermont, other states will take a look at their system and see if it will work in their state. That is the way the soverign state system is designed to work. Fifty separate experiments in government, with the best solutions to problems being picked up by the other experimenters.

Yeah uh... can someone point me to the thread where the right is whining about Romneycare in Massachusetts? I just can't find it. :dunno:

Yeah uh... can someone point me to the thread where the right is whining about Romneycare in Massachusetts? I just can't find it. :dunno:

The only experiment I want to try is cutting off all tax payments and letting the libtards starve to death.

Forum List

Back