Very Personal Question for Long-term Marrieds

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
I have been married for fifty-one years. Most of those years it has been just the two of us.

Not one time has either one of us gone to the toilet and left the door open.

I have the impression that this is not a universal practice. I've seen films where couples continue a conversation while one of them evacuates its bladder. I can't imagine doing something so vulgar.

What do you think, do?

I have been married for fifty-one years. Most of those years it has been just the two of us.

I have the impression that this is not a universal practice. I've seen films where couples continue a conversation while one of them evacuates its bladder. I can't imagine doing something so vulgar.

What do you think, do?
Do you put the toilet seat down after you pee?

What do you think, do?

Amazing. I don't think I've ever even thought about this, but my late husband and I never closed the bathroom door.

Plus, towards the last few years of his life, as his disability progressed, I never wanted to have a closed door between us, just in case.

Congratulations. Fifty-one years is impressive.

What do you think, do?
I can't imagine that, "for me" either. And my hubby even puts the seat down after he empties his bladder. We treat each other's privacy concerns with respect and without explanation. My hubby always says, "a happy wife is a happy life." Aww. And he lives that. What a great friend and husband. :)

You can't actually see one doing their business with our bathroom door open so it mostly makes no difference.

I constantly imagine individuals with their pants down and fumbling to properly clean their arse when I think they have outgrown their worth and importance .

Or , when they clearly value their importance and looks over others .

This automatic reflex establishes a common playing field of inconsequence and insignificance .

What do you think, do?
If that works for you, then that's great. I always figured if you shared every aspect of your lives, a natural body function like taking a leak wasn't a big deal. Of course, everybody might not agree with that. You do what feels right to you.

What do you think, do?
It's a meaningless phobia.

Congrats on the 51 years. I thought I was doing well with 26. lol

I can't imagine that, "for me" either. And my hubby even puts the seat down after he empties his bladder. We treat each other's privacy concerns with respect and without explanation. My hubby always says, "a happy wife is a happy life." Aww. And he lives that. What a great friend and husband. :)
Just out of curiousity, what is the recipicol of that?

A happy Husband is, "We'll see about that?" :)

Forum List

Back