Very warm, no modern day trees, no ice, high seas

Maybe I don't understand what you mean by the central nervous system of every mammal species has gotten larger as they evolved.
Which part is confusing you? Central nervous system? Mammals? Or larger?

Ummmm..... all the changes from one species to a new species occurred at the same time to the entire population.
You said you "believe that whenever a new species came into existence it did so because a statistically valid number arose at or about the same time". What did I misunderstand?

You said you "believe that whenever a new species came into existence it did so because a statistically valid number arose at or about the same time". What did I misunderstand?
Apparently "statistically valid number" and "on or about the same time."

Unless of course you believe a statistically valid number means the entire species and at or about the same time means at the same time.

These games are fun and all but you are making this too easy for me.

Apparently "statistically valid number" and "on or about the same time."

Unless of course you believe a statistically valid number means the entire species and at or about the same time means at the same time.

These games are fun and all but you are making this too easy for me.
It's not me it's the Bourbon that is your biggest helper. Of course there isn't much daylight between "at or about the same time" and "at the same time". How many fossil samples are in a "statistically valid number"?

It's not me it's the Bourbon that is your biggest helper. Of course there isn't much daylight between "at or about the same time" and "at the same time". How many fossil samples are in a "statistically valid number"?
There's enough daylight to keep jackanapes from trying to imply that I am saying that genetic mutations across the herd happen magically, as opposed to a manner that is consistent with simple logic. Clearly if the fossil record shows a species being replaced rapidly then there are certain conditions which must be met. Such as significant numbers and timing. Genetic mutations fit that bill.

Hey you might need something to throw out next time you're at a party. But the real question is what is a 'larger' nervous system?
In the context of my statement larger refers to the size of the central nervous system. As in they evolved over time from a smaller central nervous system to a larger central nervous system.

Now do you understand?

Maybe a better question would be what are the implications of that?

How many fossil samples are in a "statistically valid number"?
I wasn't really referring to fossil samples when I used the phrase "statistically valid number." I was referring to the mutation rate producing enough of a new species to be significant enough to sustain a transition to a new species replacing an old species. The fossil record just shows an old species dying out and a new species being born. Which is the reason evolutionary scientists started questioning Darwin's theory in the first place 50 years ago.

In the context of my statement larger refers to the size of the central nervous system. As in they evolved over time from a smaller central nervous system to a larger central nervous system.

Now do you understand?

Maybe a better question would be what are the implications of that?
Still not following what 'larger' means. Are Sperm whales the smartest or most highly evolved mammals?

Science already determined the co2 levels, oxygen levels, temperature etc.. before the asteroid impact, but today's climate scientists and alarmists, have concluded pending death as levels rise, which are 5 to 6 times lower than 66 million years ago.

So my question is, why the discrepancy?
Because the Globull Warming gurus are liars.

I wasn't really referring to fossil samples when I used the phrase "statistically valid number." I was referring to the mutation rate producing enough of a new species to be significant enough to sustain a transition to a new species replacing an old species. The fossil record just shows an old species dying out and a new species being born. Which is the reason evolutionary scientists started questioning Darwin's theory in the first place 50 years ago.
Darwin found species of finches in the Galapagos that existed no where else. Did they replace an old species or just evolve to fill new niches? There are plenty of finches still around on the mainland.

Still not following what 'larger' means. Are Sperm whales the smartest or most highly evolved mammals?
Now you are being obtuse. It should be obvious that the relative comparison of central nervous systems are intraspecies.

Darwin found species of finches in the Galapagos that existed no where else. Did they replace an old species or just evolve to fill new niches? There are plenty of finches still around on the mainland.
So now you are arguing Darwin's finches were not products of slight changes.

Two can play obtuse ;)

Forum List

Back