Vet Beaten To Death At VA Hospital For Wanting To Leave After Being Neglected

somehow i doubt the op has the whole story.

Well, rather than engage in defense of the VA by use of fantasy or supposition, why don't your provide that other side of the story?

it's just one of those immutable facts. organizations, and the defense, typically does not put their side out there for fear of weakening their defense. completely understandable.

people seeking damages, though, typically do tell their side to anyone who will listen. they want popular opinion on their side - which means we get only one side of the story, and it's usually incomplete at best.

Who is lying is obvious from the known facts. The VA admits the police 'restrained' the man, and this very often involves the police using military trained techniques to immobilize the target placing a knee or foot on the neck of the person arrested or 'restrained'. So the VA defends itself by saying the cops were merely following procedure when the cops went way too far in dealing with an old person, and the cops should have never been called in the first place.

Of course the VA is denying everything. But how did the veteran just manage to fall and hit his head while being arrested? lol, you are funny.

The VA did investigate the claim and have said "no evidence of negligence or wrongful act or omission by VA employees that resulted in injury to, or the death of, the veteran patient in June 2011. Although a terrible and unfortunate incident occurred, VA personnel acted and responded appropriately."

Yeah, the cops were only following orders.

now i know the VA has problems, but when you think about it which situation sounds more plausible? a beligerent old man having to be restrained by police, or hospital security beating a man to death because he wanted to leave?

What sounds most plausible is the story told by the plaintiff, that the hospital staff called the cops who restrained the old man using training designed for apprehending violent terrorists, not civilians. The cops caused the stroke and the VA hospital has gone into legal denial of everything.

And now reflexive Obama Regime kiss asses are protecting the regime from a growing VA scandal.

The OP has not delivered the entire story.

Thus, OP fail until the requirement is met.

If it does turn out as the OP suggests, the widow, as Bodecea says, will own the hospital.

Last edited:
Well, rather than engage in defense of the VA by use of fantasy or supposition, why don't your provide that other side of the story?

it's just one of those immutable facts. organizations, and the defense, typically does not put their side out there for fear of weakening their defense. completely understandable.

people seeking damages, though, typically do tell their side to anyone who will listen. they want popular opinion on their side - which means we get only one side of the story, and it's usually incomplete at best.

Who is lying is obvious from the known facts. The VA admits the police 'restrained' the man, and this very often involves the police using military trained techniques to immobilize the target placing a knee or foot on the neck of the person arrested or 'restrained'. So the VA defends itself by saying the cops were merely following procedure when the cops went way too far in dealing with an old person, and the cops should have never been called in the first place.

Of course the VA is denying everything. But how did the veteran just manage to fall and hit his head while being arrested? lol, you are funny.

The VA did investigate the claim and have said "no evidence of negligence or wrongful act or omission by VA employees that resulted in injury to, or the death of, the veteran patient in June 2011. Although a terrible and unfortunate incident occurred, VA personnel acted and responded appropriately."

now i know the VA has problems, but when you think about it which situation sounds more plausible? a beligerent old man having to be restrained by police, or hospital security beating a man to death because he wanted to leave?

What sounds most plausible is the story told by the plaintiff, that the hospital staff called the cops who restrained the old man using training designed for apprehending violent terrorists, not civilians. The cops caused the stroke and the VA hospital has gone into legal denial of everything.

And now reflexive Obama Regime kiss asses are protecting the regime from a growing VA scandal.

except this wouldn't be a va scandal, it'd be an isoolated incident. if the security was overzealous in their restraining of the man what would the va have to gain by denying it? wouldn't it be better for them to fire the offending officers, apologize, and be done with it?

you have to remember that you're talking about real people - and do you think that real people would act as charged inside a hospital with witnesses present?

you also have to consider that the charges from the family are based on an unnamed nurse confiding the "truth" to the wife. if that were the case, wouldn't others have corroborated the story?

it just doesn't pass the smell test for me, at least not as presented in the op.

except this wouldn't be a va scandal, it'd be an isoolated incident. if the security was overzealous in their restraining of the man what would the va have to gain by denying it? wouldn't it be better for them to fire the offending officers, apologize, and be done with it?

you have to remember that you're talking about real people - and do you think that real people would act as charged inside a hospital with witnesses present?

you also have to consider that the charges from the family are based on an unnamed nurse confiding the "truth" to the wife. if that were the case, wouldn't others have corroborated the story?

it just doesn't pass the smell test for me, at least not as presented in the op.

1) the staff at the VA hospital called the cops which started t chain of events. The court might find them culpable in some way for that alone.

2) Scandals don't require events to directly tie in for the flames to be fired hotter; all it takes is more oxygen and this story does that.

Too many times, TOO TRUE!!!

148783_600.jpg

I think I'll withhold judgements on this tale until it's reported by a news source other than a website run by ambulance chasers and a couple of fringe right wing blogs.

The Pentagon's inspector general investigated criminal neglect of U.S. veteran patients in the nation's VA hospitals. Last week, one veteran figured out a way to get first-class medical treatment in a first class U.S. government medical facility. He joined al-Qaeda, then surrendered.

The enemies of America are posting their hatred of the VA.

The patriots of America will wait for the full story to emerge.

According to so many of these threads, all cops must be liberal Democrats. I somehow just do not see this.

Show me a real conservative or anyone who isn't a sock puppet like you that actually said such a stupid thing?

Most street cops are not libtards, but are typically more conservative than the general population.

If you had better reading comprehension, you would not have posted this.

I think I'll withhold judgements on this tale until it's reported by a news source other than a website run by ambulance chasers and a couple of fringe right wing blogs.

STOP PICKING ON OBAMA! ! ! !

BiUh8azCUAAzj6o.jpg:medium

roflmao

If this VA mess had happened under the Bush administration queers like you would be claiming any site carrying these stories to be absolutely credible, even if it was off a gum wrapper.

According to so many of these threads, all cops must be liberal Democrats. I somehow just do not see this.

Show me a real conservative or anyone who isn't a sock puppet like you that actually said such a stupid thing?

Most street cops are not libtards, but are typically more conservative than the general population.

If you had better reading comprehension, you would not have posted this.

lol, you stated, "According to so many of these threads, all cops must be liberal Democrats." Then you stated you doubt that. This is an old propaganda technique; set up a malicious or ridiculous lie, then give it CREDIBILITY by saying you doubt its veracity, as some will think that you wouldn't bring it up if it weren't true since you disagree with it.

Bullshit. Show me anyone posting that they think cops are liberals, you slimey lying bastard.

The enemies of America are posting their hatred of the VA.

The patriots of America will wait for the full story to emerge.

There are 27 VA offices under investigation for atrocious abuse and neglect of our veterans, but the Obama suck ups will defend their favorite dictator no matter what he does.

There is plenty of evidence that the VA is led by corrupt and incompetent morons who don't give a flying fuck about the vets they are supposed to be helping. Enough that plenty of senators and reps from both sides are calling for investigations.

But leave it to sycophantic cretins like you to defend what is going on because you couldn't care less about our veterans anyway. Lol, and to top it all off you claim to be a Republican, lolololololol.

Forum List

Back