🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Veteran confronts Karl Rove about the Iraq war

Good for him.
Rove is a chickenhawk and evil.
I agree that Rove might rightfully be labeled as a 'chickenhawk'.

I am not convinced that he is evil, although I'll concede that he is sincerely convinced that he is right (about Iraq), and that I think he is obtuse and that he is dead-wrong.

But I'm convinced that he outclassed and outgunned the veteran who confronted him.

Too bad - given the wrong-headed casus belli that got us into that pointless adventure, those boys (and girls) deserved a better spokesman - and a better outcome versus Rove.

It was rather like watching a child trying to admonish a parent, and it didn't work out very well for the child.

But at least it got a few folks (here, and, presumably, elsewhere) talking for a while.

bergda1.jpg

Honored by President Obama in the rose garden

veterens.jpg

Nameless veterans who come home and are not given proper medical attention they need.

How would you know it's a fact? Because Rove was not in a war, that means he's a coward? Does that mean that every man (or woman) who has not seen combat or been in the military during a time of war is a coward?

Never trust a politician who is willing to put your life on the line when his or hers isnt at stake. Personally? Yeah, I think he and Cheney are cowards. 100 percent...

There's that cliche again. Don't low information lefties have a real argument without using the fake "chickenhawk" crap? In the greatest Country on earth the Military is run by civilians, not uniformed despots. Civilians operate the "intelligence" agencies and they advise the president. When are low information lefties going to come to grips with the fact that you don't have to serve in the Military in order to advise the administration about military strategy? Harry Truman sent Troops to Korea on an executive order and we lost 50,000 Troops (or revised 38,000) in three years and ended up where we started but no Veteran ever confronted the idiots in the Truman administration who decided to expand the mission. George Bush had authorization from Congress including 35% of democrats for the Iraq mission and American forces went further, faster and took less casualties than any other conflict of it's kind. Democrats hated a Military operation run by a republican and they undermined the effort of the Troops any way they could.

Nothing fake about it. You're missing the point and your point has very little to do with mine. I don't consider every conservative a chickenhawk. Nixon and ford weren't. Neither was Eisenhower. I reserve that title for those who never served yet are willing to put the lives of others on the line in the name of nothing, all the while sitting back in the comfort of their own home. Of course civilians have a say in what is going on. Not every civilian is a chickenhawk, and not every service man or woman is a hero.

Forum List

Back