Veterans dying while waiting for VA care on Secret List

CaféAuLait

This Space for Rent
Oct 29, 2008
A fatal wait: Veterans languish and die on a VA hospital's secret list

(CNN) -- At least 40 U.S. veterans died waiting for appointments at the Phoenix Veterans Affairs Health Care system, many of whom were placed on a secret waiting list.

The secret list was part of an elaborate scheme designed by Veterans Affairs managers in Phoenix who were trying to hide that 1,400 to 1,600 sick veterans were forced to wait months to see a doctor, according to a recently retired top VA doctor and several high-level sources.

For six months, CNN has been reporting on extended delays in health care appointments suffered by veterans across the country and who died while waiting for appointments and care. But the new revelations about the Phoenix VA are perhaps the most disturbing and striking to come to light thus far.

A fatal wait: Veterans languish and die on a VA hospital's secret list - CNN.com

I can't even imagine what their families are going though.

Veterans can go to the emergency room at the VA, if it is that bad.. but those directors need to be prosecuted.. My VA does not do that...

Oh well so much for the leftist meme that governmnt run healthcare works just fine just look at the VA.
Government everywhere and always offers the most expensive least efficient solution to every problem.

Veterans can go to the emergency room at the VA, if it is that bad.. but those directors need to be prosecuted.. My VA does not do that...

Some went to the ER and then were supposed to be given emergency appointments and were not.

Additionally, it showed employees were afraid to get fired because of pressure from superiors and the I.G was aware of their actions, and questioned them about it-- but ultimately did nothing.

CaféAuLait;8984008 said:

Some went to the ER and then were supposed to be given emergency appointments and were not.

Additionally, it showed employees were afraid to get fired because of pressure from superiors and the I.G was aware of their actions, and questioned them about it-- but ultimately did nothing.

That's a shame...

Oh well so much for the leftist meme that governmnt run healthcare works just fine just look at the VA.
Government everywhere and always offers the most expensive least efficient solution to every problem.

Yes, we all know that the military is a leftist agenda....

That is an asshole statement by you.

This is the fault of the managers, not Obamacare.

Under Bush our VA system had some grievous flaws.

Son, you have to get over the fact that ACA is here to stay, and you lost. Tough.

They are a lot better than during the period of 1980's-early 2000

This is not just going on in Phoenix.

Tears, angry accusations mark hearing on delayed VA care, deaths

Washington (CNN) -- A bi-partisan group of lawmakers lashed out at officials from the Veterans Affairs Department on Wednesday, accusing the agency of allowing veterans to die from delayed or absent medical care at its facilities and stonewalling a follow-up congressional inquiry.

Tears, angry accusations mark hearing on delayed VA care, deaths - CNN.com

Looks like we are going backwards.

I have been in the VA system for more than 25 years, and my care has been as good as I ever had on good insurance.

CaféAuLait;8984025 said:

Washington (CNN) -- A bi-partisan group of lawmakers lashed out at officials from the Veterans Affairs Department on Wednesday, accusing the agency of allowing veterans to die from delayed or absent medical care at its facilities and stonewalling a follow-up congressional inquiry.

Looks like we are getting it fixed.

This is not ACA, yoik, it is VA.

The overload is starting to take affect...but what has not helped is Congress and the budget..

The sad sobering fact is that Veterans can no longer rely on free Veteran treatment since the convoluted 10,000 page ironically named "affordable care act" clicked in. Nobody knows WTF is going on and Veterans will have to wait until the government can figure it out...if ever.

CaféAuLait;8984025 said:

What are you going off about?

I have not mentioned the ACA, l answered Moon, about how bad VA care was several years back.

CaféAuLait;8984025 said:

Gosh. If only Congress would appropriate the funds needed to expand patient care.

Yet republicans consistently block such requests.

CaféAuLait;8984058 said:
CaféAuLait;8984025 said:

What are you going off about?

I have not mentioned the ACA, l answered Moon, about how bad VA care was several years back.

Then stay on track. Yes, Phoenix is problem. VA is far better now than 10 years ago.

I am hoping the DA can come up with criminal charges on the VA directors there. They need to go to prison for a long time.

Forum List

Back