VICE News "Was Jesus Gay?"

It is not just Christians, but why do so many that try to use religion know so little about their text, subsequent religious books and history of their faith?

Neither the bible or quran stand along as the only and final word.

I wish people would actually learn their history instead of just trying to use their "book" as proof.

Gays have always been a part of history throughout the world. Why does "lay with" in every other context mean sex except when it's jesus? Why are people intentionally blind when Jesus did not turn away from healing or preaching to gays? Why do people choose to hate those that are different when Jesus didn't?
Why would Jesus embrace those on the fringes of society, except gays?

Jesus didn't turn away from preaching to anyone. However, he didn't tolerate sin. Why do you think Jesus the Son, would tolerate what God the Father said was a sin?

Most of those who followed him were sinners or outcasts. The point was that Jesus set himself up as a sacrifice to wipe way their sin.

We know that being gay is biological, DNA and brain chemistry from birth. How does someone made by "god" to be gay labeled a sinner?
Gays have been around through history in the animal and human kingdoms.

How can you know something that doesn't have definitive proof? You want to believe it.

God didn't make anyone gay. If you say so, explain to me why a God that allows people choice and free will would create someone in a manner He considers an abomination and for which eternal punishment is what He said then not give them a choice in the matter.

If you want to put someone on the same level as a male dog that humps another male dog, be my guest.

Being gay is not free will, it is what they were born to be. "Being gay" is not a matter of experimentation of a young adult but physical attraction for the same sex and not for the opposite. DNA can determine sexuality, not just sex. If there is a god, yes, he/she/it created humans that way. It is not a choice. Trying not to be gay is a choice that some have struggled with but their true nature is still there.

Until you can provide absolute, undeniable truth about you claim of being born gay, it's nothing more than an opinion.

You missed all the other topics on the subject?

Study: DNA test can predict whether you are gay

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/chemical-tags-dna-appear-differ-between-gay-and-straight-men

Was Jesus Gay? | VICE | United States

" After the Supreme Court's historic ruling on gay marriage, it seemed like all the proudly homophobic Christians came out of the woodwork to talk about how much they still hate gay people. As a straight Jew, the homophobia amongst Jesus's followers has always struck me as a bit of a surprise: Worshipping at the feet of a ripped, hung man, seems at least a little homoerotic. But it's Jesus himself who lights up my gaydar like a Christmas tree. He's a skinny young otter-like guy, flocked by a mess of dudes, telling everyone to love and care about each other, who later gets the shit beaten out of him by a bunch of closed-minded conservatives who are terrified of change.

As it turns out, this is not a unique theory. Dr. Reverend Bob Shore-Goss, an openly gay senior pastor, has written several books on the subject, including Queering Christ and Jesus ACTED UP: A Gay and Lesbian Manifesto. He holds a doctorate degree in Comparative Religion from Harvard, and he serves on the National Advisory Board of the Center for Lesbian and Gay Studies in Religion. Oh, and he believes that Jesus was gay. I got in touch with Reverend Goss, who laid out the Biblical evidence and explained how his theory plays out. "

rest at link

Since SO many wanna talk about gay stuff, fine, let's talk about gay stuff. :)
Jesus was hanged on a cross, not hung you dope.

Was Jesus Gay? | VICE | United States

" After the Supreme Court's historic ruling on gay marriage, it seemed like all the proudly homophobic Christians came out of the woodwork to talk about how much they still hate gay people. As a straight Jew, the homophobia amongst Jesus's followers has always struck me as a bit of a surprise: Worshipping at the feet of a ripped, hung man, seems at least a little homoerotic. But it's Jesus himself who lights up my gaydar like a Christmas tree. He's a skinny young otter-like guy, flocked by a mess of dudes, telling everyone to love and care about each other, who later gets the shit beaten out of him by a bunch of closed-minded conservatives who are terrified of change.

As it turns out, this is not a unique theory. Dr. Reverend Bob Shore-Goss, an openly gay senior pastor, has written several books on the subject, including Queering Christ and Jesus ACTED UP: A Gay and Lesbian Manifesto. He holds a doctorate degree in Comparative Religion from Harvard, and he serves on the National Advisory Board of the Center for Lesbian and Gay Studies in Religion. Oh, and he believes that Jesus was gay. I got in touch with Reverend Goss, who laid out the Biblical evidence and explained how his theory plays out. "

rest at link

Since SO many wanna talk about gay stuff, fine, let's talk about gay stuff. :)
Jesus was hanged on a cross, not hung you dope.

It's a pun you dope.

It's also a quote from the article. Read much?

Isn't there some forum this thread belongs rather than this one? It's only purpose seems to be to bash Christianity and Jesus Christ. This isn't Current. Events.

Forum List

Back