Victory, with an asterisk ...

To make it work for Carrier, this is what likely happened.

1. Wages go from $25 to $5 (as suggested by article).
2. Prices go up for consumer (to make up for higher costs of manufacturing in 1st world country).
3. Even bigger tax breaks for Carrier, which means tax burden gets transferred from multi-billion dollar corporation to struggling families (who will have to make up revenue shortfall).

We won't know the full cost of keeping these jobs unless the details are legally extracted using the Freedom of Information Act, but I suspect Trump used the common neoliberal tactic of using the threat of job loss to force workers and taxpayers to eat shit, while protecting Carrier's global investors from incurring higher costs.

But here is a deeper point. There is no way to escape the partisan noise when it comes to this kind of stuff. Obama saved several 100 thousand more jobs with the auto bailout, but Republicans don't know it. And they don't know how many times Bush 43 and the GOP House/Senate raised the debt ceiling. In other words, it doesn't matter what happens because the media remakes every event depending on which political audience it is speaking to.

Only defeated sore-loser Snowflakes consider there to be an asterisk.

Trump's win being considered to have an asterisk by Libs is like the losing football team declaring 'Yes, you beat us according to the scoreboard, but we had more offensive yards that you did!'

Great - you guys console yourself with that bit of information back at home alone while the winners will be out celebrating with the hot cheerleaders!

:p

To make it work for Carrier, this is what likely happened.

1. Wages go from $25 to $5 (as suggested by article).
2. Prices go up for consumer (to make up for higher costs of manufacturing in 1st world country).
3. Even bigger tax breaks for Carrier, which means tax burden gets transferred from multi-billion dollar corporation to struggling families (who will have to make up revenue shortfall).

We won't know the full cost of keeping these jobs unless the details are legally extracted using the Freedom of Information Act, but I suspect Trump used the common neoliberal tactic of using the threat of job loss to force workers and taxpayers to eat shit, while protecting Carrier's global investors from incurring higher costs.

But here is a deeper point. There is no way to escape the partisan noise when it comes to this kind of stuff. Obama saved several 100 thousand more jobs with the auto bailout, but Republicans don't know it. And they don't know how many times Bush 43 and the GOP House/Senate raised the debt ceiling. In other words, it doesn't matter what happens because the media remakes every event depending on which political audience it is speaking to.

This is why you Communists fail.

Wages are generally 20 to 30% of manufacturing costs. Overhead and materials consuming the rest. Cutting wages rarely has a significant impact on margin. To make the product profitable, efficiency must be sufficient to offset lower labor costs AFTER subtracting shipping costs. To manufacture goods in China involves ocean freight. For bulky items like air conditioners, this is a significant cost. Hence, the increase in efficiency to offset labor cost savings (which cannot be more than about 15% of the manufacturing cost structure) would not be difficult to achieve. The usual block to increases in efficiency come from unions. To keep the jobs in America, the unions will need to accept increased automation as well and lean and just in time process improvements.

Siete continues to tout that Seite is one of the intelligent ones. Seite is still butt hurt over losing every election since Obama was elected.

Yup he thinks he's the smartest guy in the room and everyone else is a dummy.

All he really is, is a sore loser. His hero Hillary got beaten by a man he considered a joke.

That's got hurt. A joke beat the great HRC.

ROFLMAO

My guess: Is he is the Barry Bonds of Presidents?

My guess is you are the butthurt snowflake of posters...

Not nearly as butthurt and the Groper Elect is at losing the Popular vote by millions.

and they're too damn dumb to read free articles too ..

LMAO

Yo, fucking retard...

http://www.usmessageboard.com/posts/15946669/

ok then you're the only one thats too fucking stupid to access free articles ... sucks to be you huh?

:lmao::lmao:

Siete continues to tout that Seite is one of the intelligent ones. Seite is still butt hurt over losing every election since Obama was elected.

All he really is, is a sore loser. His hero Hillary got beaten by a man he considered a joke.

ROFLMAO

yo clodhead-tt

I didn't vote for clinton ... KMA!

ROFLMAO

yo clodhead-tt

Well at least you were that smart.

Carry on asshole.

My guess: Is he is the Barry Bonds of Presidents?

My guess is you are the butthurt snowflake of posters...

Not nearly as butthurt and the Groper Elect is at losing the Popular vote by millions.

and they're too damn dumb to read free articles too ..

LMAO

Yo, fucking retard...

http://www.usmessageboard.com/posts/15946669/

ok then you're the only one thats too fucking stupid to access free articles ... sucks to be you huh?

:lmao::lmao:

Does it hurt to be that stupid? Actual, physical pain?

ROFLMAO

yo clodhead-tt

Carry on asshole.

troll on assbreath..

ROFLMAO

yo clodhead-tt

Carry on asshole.

troll on assbreath..

Fuck of dickwad.

ROFLMAO

yo clodhead-tt

Carry on asshole.

troll on assbreath..

Fuck of dickwad.

big three letter words aren't your forte' either are they?

DURRRRRRRR

Forum List

Back