Video of Muslim Bakers refusing to serve homosexual wedding

The current state of Christianity is definitely a lot better than the current state of disaster that is Islam. That doesn't mean Christian BULLSHIT should be allowed to stand. :cool:
What part would you outlaw?

:popcorn:

There's nothing the law can do about it. It's up to Christians to live more tolerant lives on their own accord, like Christ himself told them to. I hope the intolerant ones have a change of heart, because it really reflects badly on the ones actually living loving lives.

I'm sure I would have baked the cake. I wouldn't deny anyone service ( or anything for that matter) just based on differences. Its a non issue.
...Still, being forced into saying or doing things they disagree with is a huge gray area. I dont know about you all but when people stand outside a store and say "sign this support this"...I walk away. I don't bother opening my door if someone wants to hand me a pamphlet
No one wants the above...even if it comes in the form of a "widdle innocent cake".

Jesus said he didnt come to abolish the law but fulfill it. To me that means all are always welcome, no one has to be perfect and there is always forgiveness.
...but to willingly continue doing something, claiming its right and changing Gods word isnt ...now anything and everything is under the secular umbrella of "tolerance"

It's up to Christians to live more tolerant lives on their own accord, like Christ himself told them to.

Sure, but shouldn't a teaching work both ways? I know there are self professed gay Christians out there, if so, should not the teachings of Christ apply to them also?

Name one place where Jesus spoke against homosexuals

When he sanctified marriage as being between one man and one woman. Matthew 19:1-6

Horse shit. All Jesus said in Matthew 19:1-6 is that married couples should not get divorced. Jesus refers to male and female in regard to marriage, yes, but so would most of us because that is the most common form of marriage we experience. Homosexual marriages were legal in Rome at the time but they still represented such a small proportion of marriages that one would not be expected to go out of their way to refer to them. Jesus refers to marriage in the most common way it existed then and today but he does not specify that it is the only recognizable form of marriage, nor does he say a word about homosexuality or the nature of homosexual relationships in even the most general form. Are you reading the Bible or writing your own?

1 Now when Jesus had finished these sayings, he went away from Galilee and entered the region of Judea beyond the Jordan. 2 And large crowds followed him, and he healed them there.

3 And Pharisees came up to him and tested him by asking, “Is it lawful to divorce one's wife for any cause?” 4 He answered, “Have you not read that he who created them from the beginning made them male and female, 5 and said, ‘Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’? 6 So they are no longer two but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let not man separate.” Matthew 19 - Divorce - When Jesus had finished - Bible Gateway

I am so sick and tired of you know it all academics who know nothing about the bible, do not believe in God, and certainly spit on every TRUE follower of Christ pretending to know it.

You are an absolute fool. I have no inclination to address you or your pathetic ignorant arrogant disposition. However, I will address this pathetic attempt on your part to insinuate that homosexuality is perfectly OK to Christ and the notion that Christ does not see it as the abomination it is, or how you insinuate that being an unrepentant sinner is perfectly ok. Since, what you say will influence people that do not know better to accept such idiocy.

One, the Holy Spirit is the AUTHOR if the WORD. So, what does that mean. When the Holy Spirit writes through any author in the bible it IS THE WORDS OF CHRIST. Since, the Holy Spirit testifies to the TRUTH and testifies to CHRIST.

That being said, the WORD is CRYSTAL CLEAR that homosexuality is AN ABOMINATION. I will list the verses for those that have been corrupted by your self righteous ignorant devilish crap.

LEVITICUS 18:22 Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable.

LEVITICUS 20:13 If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable.

JUDGES 19:22-23 While they were enjoying themselves, some of the wicked men of the city surrounded the house. Pounding on the door, they shouted to the old man who owned the house, "Bring out the man who came to your house so we [Benjamites living in Gibeah] can have sex with him." The owner of the house went outside and said to them, "No, my friends, don't be so vile."

1 KINGS 14:24 There were even male shrine prostitutes in the land [Rehoboam was king at the time]; the people engaged in all the detestable practices of the nations the Lord had driven out before the Israelites.

1 KINGS 15:12 He [King Asa] expelled the male shrine prostitutes from the land [Judah] and got rid of all the idols his fathers had made.

1 KINGS 22:46 He [King Jehosophat] rid the land [Judah] of the rest of the male shrine prostitutes who remained there even after the reign of his father Asa.

2 KINGS 23:7 He [King Josiah] also tore down the quarters of the male shrine prostitutes, which were in the temple of the Lord and where women did weaving for Asherah.

New Testament

1 CORINTHIANS 6:9-10 Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

1 TIMOTHY 1:9-11 We also know that law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious; for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers, for adulterers and perverts, for slave traders and liars and perjurers--and for whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine that conforms to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which he entrusted to me.

JUDE 1:7 In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire.

Now, to make it clear everyone. I am no saint, and I myself have not exactly been moral in my life (to say the least.) That, does not make it OK. That does not let me off of the hook as it were.

That means I am subject to the same judgement as any unrepentant sinner.

What does it all mean? It means you post lies. The lies come from the eternal liar.

And everything you just quoted I could debate, but won't waste my time since the point of the discussion was when JESUS said anything about homosexuality. Not a single verse you posted is attributed to Jesus.

Sure, but shouldn't a teaching work both ways? I know there are self professed gay Christians out there, if so, should not the teachings of Christ apply to them also?

When he sanctified marriage as being between one man and one woman. Matthew 19:1-6

Horse shit. All Jesus said in Matthew 19:1-6 is that married couples should not get divorced. Jesus refers to male and female in regard to marriage, yes, but so would most of us because that is the most common form of marriage we experience. Homosexual marriages were legal in Rome at the time but they still represented such a small proportion of marriages that one would not be expected to go out of their way to refer to them. Jesus refers to marriage in the most common way it existed then and today but he does not specify that it is the only recognizable form of marriage, nor does he say a word about homosexuality or the nature of homosexual relationships in even the most general form. Are you reading the Bible or writing your own?

1 Now when Jesus had finished these sayings, he went away from Galilee and entered the region of Judea beyond the Jordan. 2 And large crowds followed him, and he healed them there.

3 And Pharisees came up to him and tested him by asking, “Is it lawful to divorce one's wife for any cause?” 4 He answered, “Have you not read that he who created them from the beginning made them male and female, 5 and said, ‘Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’? 6 So they are no longer two but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let not man separate.” Matthew 19 - Divorce - When Jesus had finished - Bible Gateway

I am so sick and tired of you know it all academics who know nothing about the bible, do not believe in God, and certainly spit on every TRUE follower of Christ pretending to know it.

You are an absolute fool. I have no inclination to address you or your pathetic ignorant arrogant disposition. However, I will address this pathetic attempt on your part to insinuate that homosexuality is perfectly OK to Christ and the notion that Christ does not see it as the abomination it is, or how you insinuate that being an unrepentant sinner is perfectly ok. Since, what you say will influence people that do not know better to accept such idiocy.

One, the Holy Spirit is the AUTHOR if the WORD. So, what does that mean. When the Holy Spirit writes through any author in the bible it IS THE WORDS OF CHRIST. Since, the Holy Spirit testifies to the TRUTH and testifies to CHRIST.

That being said, the WORD is CRYSTAL CLEAR that homosexuality is AN ABOMINATION. I will list the verses for those that have been corrupted by your self righteous ignorant devilish crap.

LEVITICUS 18:22 Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable.

LEVITICUS 20:13 If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable.

JUDGES 19:22-23 While they were enjoying themselves, some of the wicked men of the city surrounded the house. Pounding on the door, they shouted to the old man who owned the house, "Bring out the man who came to your house so we [Benjamites living in Gibeah] can have sex with him." The owner of the house went outside and said to them, "No, my friends, don't be so vile."

1 KINGS 14:24 There were even male shrine prostitutes in the land [Rehoboam was king at the time]; the people engaged in all the detestable practices of the nations the Lord had driven out before the Israelites.

1 KINGS 15:12 He [King Asa] expelled the male shrine prostitutes from the land [Judah] and got rid of all the idols his fathers had made.

1 KINGS 22:46 He [King Jehosophat] rid the land [Judah] of the rest of the male shrine prostitutes who remained there even after the reign of his father Asa.

2 KINGS 23:7 He [King Josiah] also tore down the quarters of the male shrine prostitutes, which were in the temple of the Lord and where women did weaving for Asherah.

New Testament

1 CORINTHIANS 6:9-10 Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

1 TIMOTHY 1:9-11 We also know that law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious; for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers, for adulterers and perverts, for slave traders and liars and perjurers--and for whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine that conforms to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which he entrusted to me.

JUDE 1:7 In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire.

Now, to make it clear everyone. I am no saint, and I myself have not exactly been moral in my life (to say the least.) That, does not make it OK. That does not let me off of the hook as it were.

What does it all mean? It means you post lies. The lies come from the eternal liar.

And everything you just quoted I could debate, but won't waste my time since the point of the discussion was when JESUS said anything about homosexuality. Not a single verse you posted is attributed to Jesus.

Your pathetic ignorance on full display. You know nothing about faith and you ignoring the fact that the Holy Spirit inspired the WORD and since the WORD is from Christ means everything in the BIBLE is of Christ.

Which means all of it attributed to Christ. You are a liar and an ignorant unrepentant fool. Your jedi mind trick will never work on me.

Liar.

New Testament

Your pathetic ignorance on full display. You know nothing about faith and you ignoring the fact that the Holy Spirit inspired the WORD and since the WORD is from Christ means everything in the BIBLE is of Christ.

Which means all of it attributed to Christ. You are a liar and an ignorant unrepentant fool. Your jedi mind trick will never work on me.

Liar.

I see. So then Jesus was in favor of stoning people to death for adultery? Jesus was in favor of murdering idolaters? Jesus thought that anyone who abandoned Judaism should be killed? Jesus believed that if some people in a town had turned to paganism that you should murder them, their cattle, and burn the entire city to the ground? I am not sure I am the one with the convoluted interpretation of Jesus here, dude.

You can't apply the same standard to muslims you apply to Christians. Where have you been, anyway?

The same exact standards apply.
I will even help you out. The Greek word for 'homosexual' was ΠΑΙΔΕΡΑΣΤΕ (or "paiderasste") Here is a link to the New Testament in Greek (the language it was actually written in). Online Greek Interlinear Bible Search the entire thing and find one place...just one...where Jesus even used the word. I can save you time....you won't find it. I have searched and it aint there. According to what the Bible attributes to Him, He didn't say a single word about it one way or the other.

The idea that Christians must refuse to do business with homosexuals is simply a made up belief.

And that's the problem with this extremist view of religious special privilege. All you really have to do is claim that your personal prejudices are of a religious nature and, poof! you get a magic free pass from the law of the land.

It's idiocy.
Who said they "must" refuse to do business with homos?

So if they don't have to, then it isn't a religious mandate, it's a personal choice, which takes religion out of it. The Constitution doesn't protect acting on your personal prejudices from being subject to the law
You're grasping at straws.

Why didn't the Constitution - according to the Supreme Court - protect Mormon polygamy?

That was a purely religious belief, practiced by a Christian religion.
More desperation. Next you'll be equating refusal to bake a cake with human sacrifice.

Liar.

Here you go owl. Since as you say "everything in the Bible is of Christ" then Numbers 5 is as well. That reads:

"19 Then the priest shall put the woman under oath and say to her, “If no other man has had sexual relations with you and you have not gone astray and become impure while married to your husband, may this bitter water that brings a curse not harm you. 20 But if you have gone astray while married to your husband and you have made yourself impure by having sexual relations with a man other than your husband”— 21 here the priest is to put the woman under this curse—“may the Lord cause you to become a curse[d] among your people when he makes your womb miscarry and your abdomen swell. 22 May this water that brings a curse enter your body so that your abdomen swells or your womb miscarries.”

Hmmm....that sounds strangely like an abortion to me. So according to you, Jesus is in favor of aborting fetuses in the case of infidelity. So now Jesus supports abortion. Brilliant.

It's up to Christians to live more tolerant lives on their own accord, like Christ himself told them to.

Horse shit. All Jesus said in Matthew 19:1-6 is that married couples should not get divorced. Jesus refers to male and female in regard to marriage...

True... But he only did so because the Male is designed by his Father, God OKA: Nature... to join with the Female which he purposefully designed for precisely that purpose.... Two distinct genders, which compliment one another physically, intellectually, spiritually and in every other human characteristic.

True... But he only did so because the Male is designed by his Father, God OKA: Nature... to join with the Female which he purposefully designed for precisely that purpose.... Two distinct genders, which compliment one another physically, intellectually, spiritually and in every other human characteristic.

Well I certainly agree that male and female were designed in such a way that they compliment each other well for the purpose of procreation. As far as "...he only did so because..." I don't know. You can certainly make that suggestion, I suppose, but I am not sure that's the only reason why He phrased it the way He did. As I said before, when we are in casual conversation about marriage, most of the time we assume a male-female marriage because that is what is common to us. I think it's just as reasonable to interpret it that way.

Look, I am not saying that Jesus definitely supported homosexuality.I am simply saying that if He ever took a position on it, it never made it into the Bible so we really don't know what He thought about it. We can guess, but that's all it is and there are certainly places where Jesus preached a message that was contrary to standard Jewish beliefs of the time. Just for me, I am not comfortable making too many assumptions about what Jesus did or did not believe. And, again just for me, I am sure not going to hammer an entire segment of society because I think that Jesus may have felt a specific way about it. I do know that Jesus taught us to love everyone including our enemies. I see no reason why homosexuals should be exempt from receiving the love of God that Jesus did direct us to give.

You are certainly free to feel differently and I will respect your beliefs.

Look, I am not saying that Jesus definitely supported homosexuality.

Well good... because Christ wasn't one to promote deviancy. But he is one to send those who do to eternal damnation... and he also said that he reserves a special set of damnable circumstances for those who harm children and the Advocacy to Normalize Mental Disorder which presents Sexual Deviancy is about nothing else beyond legalizing the pursuit of children for adult sexual gratification. Which if you're keeping score is abject Evil.

Now you can spare me the OUTRAGE at the very IDEA that Homosexuals are Pedophiles... but all molesters of children are sexual deviants and all homosexuals are sexual deviants.

Which is just another reason that normalizing sexual deviancy is not just a bad idea, it is a hysterically bad idea.

SOoo... Christ wasn't being flippant... he wasn't generalizing with regard to what is customary. He was setting out the law with regard to the standards of marriage, going to the extent of stating the reasons for that standard, thus the reason for the law, on which that standard rests.

There's nothing complex about any of this... .

Now you can spare me the OUTRAGE at the very IDEA that Homosexuals are Pedophiles... but all molesters of children are sexual deviants and all homosexuals are sexual deviants.

Ok you just lost me. That kind of talk is so far out in left field it's not even worth responding to. It's a shame too because up to that comment I was at least willing to entertain the idea that I was speaking to a rational individual. Nice talking to you, and may God bless you

Ok you just lost me. That kind of talk is so far out in left field it's not even worth responding to.

Your concession is duly noted and summarily accepted.

Isn't it wonderful how the Left can't find the strength of character to defend this?

Truth drives them away... every time.

You can't apply the same standard to muslims you apply to Christians. Where have you been, anyway?

The same exact standards apply.

I will even help you out. The Greek word for 'homosexual' was ΠΑΙΔΕΡΑΣΤΕ (or "paiderasste") Here is a link to the New Testament in Greek (the language it was actually written in). Online Greek Interlinear Bible Search the entire thing and find one place...just one...where Jesus even used the word. I can save you time....you won't find it. I have searched and it aint there. According to what the Bible attributes to Him, He didn't say a single word about it one way or the other.

The idea that Christians must refuse to do business with homosexuals is simply a made up belief.

And that's the problem with this extremist view of religious special privilege. All you really have to do is claim that your personal prejudices are of a religious nature and, poof! you get a magic free pass from the law of the land.

It's idiocy.

And absolutely debunked a long time ago:

"Congress was deprived of all legislative power over mere opinion, but was left free to reach actions which were in violation of social duties or subversive of good order."
-- Chief Justice Morrison Waite; from majority opinion Reynold v. U.S.

Forum List

Back