VietNam..April 30th....How It Ended.

the real crime was letting terrorists like bill ayers off and still walking freely today.

so kennedy and johnson who got us into the war and escalated it are now conservatives?

Your revisionism is showing, as is your refusal to understand English.

Eisenhower sent the first US troops and it was under his administration that the agreed elections were not held.
Where did I say Kennedy and Johnson were conservatives?
I don't care what they were, and I am neither a 'conservative' nor a 'liberal'. I did clearly state they were all fools, especially Nixon and Kissinger.

I await your misinterpretation of this.

nixon and kissenger ended the war. Eisnehower only follwed through on a commitment maid by truman. kennedy and johnson escalated the war. looks like you are the revisionist.

The American people ended the war.

Untrue. In any case there has never been any dispute that the rioters were throwing rocks and bottles which can cause serious injury or death. Ever hear of "stoning"?

Yes, this was the National Guards defense, the students were throwing rocks and bottles. There was never any mention that they were being fired upon. Audio tape or not, the Guardsmen did not hear shots.

hey No Nukes, FL Biker told me to tell you to STFU lol

He would never tell me to shut up. Ask him if he has been in Amsterdam lately.

Ever hear of backing away? Ever hear of not firing into a general crowd because maybe a few were out of line? Ever heard that the US Army firing on US citizens is horrific? You guys who think the army wouldn't shoot resisters should remember this ghastly, tragic act.

And as for 'pistol shots', never had any info on that before, but if we admit they happened 70 seconds before....?!? Over a minute? Then nothing? Then we shoot young people expressing themselves as the Constitution provides? If the N. G. had not been there, who would have died?

The men who fired are criminal murderers and I hope they realize that fully everyday of their lives.

If 9thDoc were really an ex soldier, would you have to explain the Rules of Engagement to him?

Do you idiots ever get tired of trying to reinvent history? As I noted earlier I was in fact in Cambodia in a unit actively involved in combat with a hostile force following real ROE when those spoiled brats decided to riot at Kent State. My Bn. (2/47, 3rd Bde., 9th ID) was awarded a Valorous Unit Citation and I was to receive an Army Commendation Medal and a Combat Medical Badge for actions during this time period. There were no recorded violations of ROE and this is a matter of record.
The rioters at Kent State were in fact violent criminals; not peaceful protesters. They were in their 4th day of arson, property destruction, and assault on police and firefighters. They were given every opportunity to act in a legal and civilized manner and simply refused to do so. I have no sympathy for them.

Says someone who was in Cambodia at the time. We taking advantage of our rights to speak out and protest, what do you think you guys were fighting for?

If 9thDoc were really an ex soldier, would you have to explain the Rules of Engagement to him?

Do you idiots ever get tired of trying to reinvent history? As I noted earlier I was in fact in Cambodia in a unit actively involved in combat with a hostile force following real ROE when those spoiled brats decided to riot at Kent State. My Bn. (2/47, 3rd Bde., 9th ID) was awarded a Valorous Unit Citation and I was to receive an Army Commendation Medal and a Combat Medical Badge for actions during this time period. There were no recorded violations of ROE and this is a matter of record.
The rioters at Kent State were in fact violent criminals; not peaceful protesters. They were in their 4th day of arson, property destruction, and assault on police and firefighters. They were given every opportunity to act in a legal and civilized manner and simply refused to do so. I have no sympathy for them.

Says someone who was in Cambodia at the time. We taking advantage of our rights to speak out and protest, what do you think you guys were fighting for?

We were not fighting for anyone's "right" to burn down buildings or assault other people.

We were not fighting for anyone's "right" to burn down buildings or assault other people.

You a solder? Yea right, you sound like an arm chair warrior:eek:

It has sometimes been considered by international law experts that invading neutral countries is a war crime. Would anyone here care to disagree with those experts?

neutral countries usually don't attack their neighbors to the south

It has sometimes been considered by international law experts that invading neutral countries is a war crime. Would anyone here care to disagree with those experts?

neutral countries usually don't attack their neighbors to the south

I do believe you have N. Vietnam (definitely not neutral or pacific) confused with Cambodia, which was neutral and pacific until destabilized by American invasion (you remember, those geniuses of international relations, Nixon and Kissinger). Also, the U.S. did not invade the north, which also indicates that the 'war' aims were mitigated, limited, short sighted and stupid. Engaging in war is the most severe thing a country can do. It should not be dabbled in. It is either done or not done. Just gradually feeding youth into a meat grinder and expecting it to be accepted is as stupid as conducting such an action in the first place. The efforts to stop American involvement on the part of U.S. citizens was at least as patriotic as going to Vietnam. It was classically the wrong war in the wrong place at the wrong time, conducted in the wrong way.

Were the V.C. and N.V.A. wrong and war criminals to be there in neutral countries? Yes. Is being like the enemy a trait of superiority?

Last edited:

You focus on the exception to the rule. Most protestors were peaceful. It would be like all of us calling you guys who fought in Vietnam baby killers.

You a solder? Yea right, you sound like an arm chair warrior:eek:

Hey, porky.....know who you sound like?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maF9WGLrj2Q]a Porky Pig Cartoon Ending _That's All Folks!_.flv - YouTube[/ame]

"You focus on the exception to the rule. Most protestors were peaceful."

Who said otherwise? I'm also sure that there were some very nice and peaceful Nazis and members of the KKK. That doesn't change the fact that this particular group were violent criminals.
I would not try to defend soldiers who commit such crimes. Can you see anything moral in defending protestors who do?

The callus democrat majority could have withdrawn funding any time during the LBJ administration but they waited to stab a republican in the back and abandon all the Vietnamese who were loyal to the US.

If the United States had really cared about "the Vietnamese who were loyal to the US" this country could have evacuated them before the Communist victory. At the very least the US could have sent Naval and Coast Guard vessels over to pick up the boat people.

Abandoning the boat people to the Thai pirates was the shameful end of a shameful war.

But I'm heartened to see that you haven't denied that these guys are traitors:

The Leftist Democrats.

To make us love our country, our country ought to be lovely.

- Edmund Burke

A traitor during an unjust war is a just man.

bullshit revisionist history

:thewave:

please.....this shit stinks

Right. The eventual outcome of that war was decided the day Lyndon Johnson opted not to invade the North. Given the times, I can't fault him for that, but the decision to fight what was basically a defensive war sealed the deal from the very beginning, right wing propaganda about the media and Democrats not withstanding.

What was achieved by invading North Korea during the Korean War?

Communist China would not have allowed American troops on the other side of the border with North Vietnam. Also, the overwhelming majority of the Vietnamese supported the Communists. The United States military is not good at occupying hostile populations that are willing to fight back. It had enough trouble in South Vietnam.

But I'm heartened to see that you haven't denied that these guys are traitors:

The Leftist Democrats.

To make us love our country, our country ought to be lovely.

- Edmund Burke

A traitor during an unjust war is a just man.

1. “Our Country! In her intercourse with foreign nations may she always be in the right; but right or wrong, our country!”
Stephen Decatur

2. "A traitor during an unjust war is a just man."
The only crime actually described in the United States Constitution is treason.
It does not describe such as being 'just.'

How very easy it is to lead the uninformed.

During the War in Vietnam anti war sentiment was most prominent at the most prestigious universities.

"Katherine Boudin is an adjunct professor at Columbia University and has been named the Sheinberg Scholar-in-Residence at NYU Law School. She is also a communist, a Weather Underground radical, a terrorist, and a convicted felon."
The Gory Details About Terrorist Teacher Kathy Boudin

Nothing's changed.

bullshit revisionist history

:thewave:

please.....this shit stinks

Right. The eventual outcome of that war was decided the day Lyndon Johnson opted not to invade the North. Given the times, I can't fault him for that, but the decision to fight what was basically a defensive war sealed the deal from the very beginning, right wing propaganda about the media and Democrats not withstanding.

What was achieved by invading North Korea during the Korean War?

Communist China would not have allowed American troops on the other side of the border with North Vietnam. Also, the overwhelming majority of the Vietnamese supported the Communists. The United States military is not good at occupying hostile populations that are willing to fight back. It had enough trouble in South Vietnam.

The 'trouble' the United States had in South Vietnam was the Fifth Column known as the Democrat Party.

Forum List

Back