Vietnam War and question for the boomer generation

Hanoi John Kerry, traitor like Hanoi Jane Fonda, publicly announced "All Vietnam veterans are war criminals." A liar as always. He gave aid and comfort to the communists who saw Nixon lose power and planned the invasion in violation of the Paris Peace Accord.
The gutless congress, dominated and controlled by Democrats, cut off the knees of the South, denying them promised military aid and funding. Finally, Nixon had resigned and was unable to keep his promise to bomb North Vietnam back to the stone age if it violated its Peace Treaty.

Democrats lie to this day that America "lost the war." No, Democrats gave it all away, cowards that they will always be. When George Bush sent troops into Afghanistan and Iraq, the usual cowards rose up and smeared America as always. "Why didn't you take out Saddam, huh, huh, huh!" Then when Bush Jr. did take out Hussein, they screamed "At least he kept order!"

America is always wrong to hear Democrats as they tear it down.

The job of the citizen is to elect wise leaders who will make wise decisions and ,if they fail to do this to do this, replace them with someone better.
It is up to “wise leaders” to convince the public that their decision to risk the lives of their children is justified

Trust us, we have our reasons has not worked out well over the last 50 years
Oh please. When exactly was the last time you made a policy decision for the Nation? You can vote for who you like but whoever gets elected/appointed makes the decisions. And I think you're fooling yourself if you think anyone gives a crap what your foreign policy opinions past, present or future are.

At times yes and at times no. But better by far than "listening to the voice of the people" as Congress claimed to do re; Vietnam.
Voters made a policy decision in Vietnam

Get the Fuk out

When did they do that?

Yet I was in Vietnam in 1970, go figure commie.

Jane Fonda gave material and propaganda aid to the enemy during time of war and was a blatant traitor and should have been executed for her crimes against our Nation.

The blatant traitors were those who lied to the public about the purpose of the war and our prospects of winning. The give us 100,000 more boys and we will wrap it up by Christmas.
They killed millions, Fonda killed nobody and saved lives by turning the public against the war.
Her outright lies and propaganda unjustly turned many alleged Americans against American soldiers and one Vietnam veteran still commits suicide every 22 minutes. Thanks Jane you scum sucking bitch!

You can‘t be serious
Vietnam Veterans kill themselves because of Jane Fonda?

They kill themselves because American leaders sold them out and put them in a conflict they could not win. They killed a lot of people but could not win.
Of course American leaders sold them out right along with the South Vietnamese. The only reason the war was so protracted and is sometimes seen as a loss is because American leaders refused to let us win it.

No you were not going to “win it”
You would have been tied up in Vietnam for decades suffering extended guerilla warfare
Actually we had won it till democrats sold out the South Vietnam Government in 74 and 75.

America left Vietnam completely defeated. Their folly to eradicate communism in another country was a waste of 55000 lives and hundreds of thousands of injuries. The military left like a kicked dog.
The democrats had absolutely nothing to do with that. That's a typical Republican view wanting to blame democrats for everything. How pathetic.
I lived through it. When the US pulled out, the North was defeated, Haiphong harbor was blocked by mines, the rail and road links to the PRC were destroyed, North Vietnam wasn't receiving any supplies from the USSR or the PRC anymore. it was out of weapons' and ammo, it's people were nearing starvation, and the Viet Cong were completely destroyed. The North sued for peace on the US's terms in Paris. By any objective standards The People's Republic of Vietnam was defeated.

Defeated my foot. You guys left with your tail between legs like a kicked dog. 55,000 died because the government wanted to flex their muscle against communists and it failed.

The job of the citizen is to elect wise leaders who will make wise decisions and ,if they fail to do this to do this, replace them with someone better.
It is up to “wise leaders” to convince the public that their decision to risk the lives of their children is justified

Oh please. When exactly was the last time you made a policy decision for the Nation? You can vote for who you like but whoever gets elected/appointed makes the decisions. And I think you're fooling yourself if you think anyone gives a crap what your foreign policy opinions past, present or future are.

At times yes and at times no. But better by far than "listening to the voice of the people" as Congress claimed to do re; Vietnam.

Get the Fuk out

When did they do that?

Jane Fonda gave material and propaganda aid to the enemy during time of war and was a blatant traitor and should have been executed for her crimes against our Nation.

The blatant traitors were those who lied to the public about the purpose of the war and our prospects of winning. The give us 100,000 more boys and we will wrap it up by Christmas.
They killed millions, Fonda killed nobody and saved lives by turning the public against the war.
Her outright lies and propaganda unjustly turned many alleged Americans against American soldiers and one Vietnam veteran still commits suicide every 22 minutes. Thanks Jane you scum sucking bitch!

You can‘t be serious

They kill themselves because American leaders sold them out and put them in a conflict they could not win. They killed a lot of people but could not win.
Of course American leaders sold them out right along with the South Vietnamese. The only reason the war was so protracted and is sometimes seen as a loss is because American leaders refused to let us win it.

You would have been tied up in Vietnam for decades suffering extended guerilla warfare
Actually we had won it till democrats sold out the South Vietnam Government in 74 and 75.

America left Vietnam completely defeated. Their folly to eradicate communism in another country was a waste of 55000 lives and hundreds of thousands of injuries. The military left like a kicked dog.
The democrats had absolutely nothing to do with that. That's a typical Republican view wanting to blame democrats for everything. How pathetic.
I lived through it. When the US pulled out, the North was defeated, Haiphong harbor was blocked by mines, the rail and road links to the PRC were destroyed, North Vietnam wasn't receiving any supplies from the USSR or the PRC anymore. it was out of weapons' and ammo, it's people were nearing starvation, and the Viet Cong were completely destroyed. The North sued for peace on the US's terms in Paris. By any objective standards The People's Republic of Vietnam was defeated.

Defeated my foot. You guys left with your tail between legs like a kicked dog. 55,000 died because the government wanted to flex their muscle against communists and it failed.
Wrong. We were winning when I left. I'm alive; they're dead. I win.

Thank you Doc. I trained at Fort Sam Houston as well. 11th Armored Cavalry Regiment, commanded by Colonel George S. Patton, Jr. I promised when I got back to The World, I would not be like the Silent Majority. You and I don't have to take anybody's shit.

Get the Fuk out

When did they do that?

You can‘t be serious

You keep believing that. I wouldn't want to be contributing to destroying your lifelong dream.
BTW I just checked and the communists are still there and surprise, still alive.
You couldn't win a game of cards.

Get the Fuk out

When did they do that?

You can‘t be serious

You keep believing that. I wouldn't want to be contributing to destroying your lifelong dream.
BTW I just checked and the communists are still there and surprise, still alive.
Really? Name one Communist that came against me and is alive. At least they had the balls to come out to play. You? All talk; no balls.

Get the Fuk out

When did they do that?

You can‘t be serious

The US negotiated a withdrawal where they wouldn’t attack us while we drawing down our troops.
That is hardly a victory.

Didn‘t matter if we waited another five years or twenty years, S Vietnam was still going to lose

Get the Fuk out

When did they do that?

You can‘t be serious

Really? Name one Communist that came against me and is alive. At least they had the balls to come out to play. You? All talk; no balls.
That guy Nguyen is still quite alive

Get the Fuk out

When did they do that?

You can‘t be serious

The US negotiated a withdrawal where they wouldn’t attack us while we drawing down our troops.

Didn‘t matter if we waited another five years or twenty years, S Vietnam was still going to lose

Why do you say that?

Get the Fuk out

When did they do that?

You can‘t be serious

Ho Chi Minh is quite dead. As is North Vietnams military leader.

Get the Fuk out

When did they do that?

You can‘t be serious

Why do you say that?
S Vietnam was corrupt and inept
They wouldn’t have held out regardless of how long we stayed and how many lives we lost

Same will happen in Afghanistan

Get the Fuk out

When did they do that?

You can‘t be serious

Ho Chi Minh is quite dead. As is North Vietnams military leader.

So is Westmorland and McNamara

Thank you Doc. I trained at Fort Sam Houston as well. 11th Armored Cavalry Regiment, commanded by Colonel George S. Patton, Jr. I promised when I got back to The World, I would not be like the Silent Majority. You and I don't have to take anybody's shit.
Bns. of the 11th ACR fought beside my Bn, (2/47 Mec.) on day 1 of the Cambodia incursion and following days. Badasses.

Attachments

• 1623015521548.png
    1623015521548.png
    28 KB · Views: 6

Get the Fuk out

When did they do that?

You can‘t be serious

Why do you say that?
They wouldn’t have held out regardless of how long we stayed and how many lives we lost

They dam sure held out until the US congress betrayed them and us.

Get the Fuk out

When did they do that?

You can‘t be serious

Why do you say that?

They dam sure held out until the US congress betrayed them and us.
Let’s see....
We withdrew and left all of our modern equipment including helicopters and a modern air force
They didn’t last two years without us doing the fighting

Get the Fuk out

When did they do that?

You can‘t be serious

Then he didn't come against me.

Get the Fuk out

When did they do that?

You can‘t be serious

Then he didn't come against me.
He says he did

Get the Fuk out

When did they do that?

You can‘t be serious

Why do you say that?

Something is getting overlooked here. We invaded another country to overthrow the political system we didn't like.
We were beaten at a very high cost.

Why don't we invade China. They have the same system. Maybe north Korea.

The perceived easy target wasn't so easy.
What I hate is how those soldiers who died were portrayed as dying defending the nation and democracy. What a load of crap.

Get the Fuk out

When did they do that?

You can‘t be serious

Why do you say that?

Americans always use that excuse when a war isn't going the way they think it should.

Get the Fuk out

When did they do that?

You can‘t be serious

Why do you say that?

Something is getting overlooked here. We invaded another country to overthrow the political system we didn't like.
We were beaten at a very high cost.

Why don't we invade China. They have the same system. Maybe north Korea.

The perceived easy target wasn't so easy.
What I hate is how those soldiers who died were portrayed as dying defending the nation and democracy. What a load of crap.

The U.S. invaded North Korea to finish off the still existing North Korean Army.

Forum List

Back