Viewers Freak Out Over Coca-Cola Super Bowl Ad

Those that are upset are advocates for the time when all differences were to be suppressed and this was a white, heterosexual only country. This is in spite of the fact that no such reality ever existed.

Yeah you're right. It was never all white and hetero, it was only about 95% white, and about 90% hetero.

Is the 95% figure before or after they decimated the NA's and the Mexicans?

Before and after. NA's were never part of the country to begin with and died of disease for the most part. And there were never many Mexicans in the southwest to begin with. There are far more Mexicans in the southwest today then there ever have been in history. By the time the southwest became part of the US, most of the people there were NA's or American settlers.

Last edited:
Those that are upset are advocates for the time when all differences were to be suppressed and this was a white, heterosexual only country. This is in spite of the fact that no such reality ever existed.

Yeah you're right. It was never all white and hetero, it was only about 95% white, and about 90% hetero.

More like 90% white and 98% hetero...which it pretty much still is.

Now it's 75% white, including whites that speak Spanish. About 15% are black, and about 10% are mixed race and Asian, to include Mestizzos.

White U.S. population grows but drops in overall percentage - CNN.com

White English people have decided to have three cars rather than three kids; whose fault is that that nonhispanic whites are dropping like a rock demographically?

The fertility rate among Latino-Americans is falling even faster than that of non-Latino Caucasians.

Before and after. NA's were never part of the countryto begin with and died of disease for the most part. And there were never many Mexicans in the southwest to begin with. There are far more Mexicans in the southwest today then there ever hacve been in history. By the time the southwest became part of the US, most of the people there were NA's or American settlers.

There were no white people here before the NA's. Get your opinions in line with the facts. Who told you there were never many Mexicans? Do you think people are stupid enough to believe that? Of course there are probably more now Einstein. Thats what happens when populations grow.

Before and after. NA's were never part of the countryto begin with and died of disease for the most part. And there were never many Mexicans in the southwest to begin with. There are far more Mexicans in the southwest today then there ever hacve been in history. By the time the southwest became part of the US, most of the people there were NA's or American settlers.

There were no white people here before the NA's. Get your opinions in line with the facts. Who told you there were never many Mexicans? Do you think people are stupid enough to believe that? Of course there are probably more now Einstein. Thats what happens when populations grow.

No one ever said there was White American settlers there before the NAs. Don't know where you got that.

No person told me there weren't many Mexicans in the SW prior to it becoming part of the Union, it is just a historical fact. Here is Texas as an example.

"In 1790 the total population(Mexicans and Indians) in Texas was 2,510"

"In eastern Texas 20,000 settlers and 1,000 slaves outnumbered the 5,000 Mexicans in the area by 1830. "

Texas 1821-1836 < Anglo-American colonization in Texas - Kjetil Ersdal < 1801-1900 < Essays < American History From Revolution To Reconstruction and beyond

Anyways, that is off topic.

This topic should be about how brilliant Coca Cola is in their advertising, fucking brilliant. I applaud them.

it has nothing to do with freedom you retard. Its a choice and nothing more. English doesnt tie us together.

English and the Constitution do.
This was already talked about earlier, you seem to have miss that.

You are the one who is not understanding that one language plus our constitution does.
Everyone speaking a different language would be chaotic. No one would be able to understand anyone at all.
Spanish would only be with Spanish, Germans with Germans, Italians with Italians.
Arabs with Arabs. This would divide us. Speaking English unites us.

everyone already speaks a different language now anyways.

Everyone? :confused:

No one ever said there was White American settlers there before the NAs. Don't know where you got that.

No person told me there weren't many Mexicans in the SW prior to it becoming part of the Union, it is just a historical fact. Here is Texas as an example.

"In eastern Texas 20,000 settlers and 1,000 slaves outnumbered the 5,000 Mexicans in the area by 1830. "

Texas 1821-1836 < Anglo-American colonization in Texas - Kjetil Ersdal < 1801-1900 < Essays < American History From Revolution To Reconstruction and beyond

Your kidding me right? From the same article.

This was perhaps one of the reasons why Texas later became choose American annexation.

Please don't link an article where the writer didn't even use spell check to support your argument.

This topic should be about how brilliant Coca Cola is in their advertising, fucking brilliant. I applaud them.

Yes its off topic so be quiet.

You started it.

But it is funny, Coca Cola has black nationalists/supremacists like yourself defending, who woulda thunk it?

They really appealed to a lot of demographics here.

I think I will buy some more Coca Cola stock.

This was perhaps one of the reasons why Texas later became choose American annexation.

Please don't link an article where the writer didn't even use spell check to support your argument.

That doesn't make him wrong.

If you don't like that source, read this one. I have numerous sources verifying this point.

Jacksonian and Antebellum Age: People and Perspectives - Google Books

Better yet, prove me wrong.

If you don't like that source, read this one. I have numerous sources verifying this point.

That makes both you and him wrong and not very credible. Why would I believe that supports your argument anyway? Eastern Texas is not the only area Mexico owned. Check out how much of the US was owned by Mexico. Treaty of Guadalupe-Hidalgo

You started it.

But it is funny, Coca Cola has black nationalists/supremacists like yourself defending, who woulda thunk it?

It appealed to gentiles as well. You cant afford Coca Cola stock.

What's the big deal?? I swear, people find the dumbest shit to get upset about.

Coca-Cola Super Bowl ad: Can you believe this reaction?

This ad is a grand American statement and those who are offended by it are going to find themselves on the wrong side of history.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=443Vy3I0gJs]Official Coca-Cola "Big Game" Commercial 2014 - America Is Beautiful - YouTube[/ame]

:thup: Two gold stars and a cookie to those who produced it.

What's the big deal?? I swear, people find the dumbest shit to get upset about.

Coca-Cola Super Bowl ad: Can you believe this reaction?

This ad is a grand American statement and those who are offended by it are going to find themselves on the wrong side of history.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=443Vy3I0gJs]Official Coca-Cola "Big Game" Commercial 2014 - America Is Beautiful - YouTube[/ame]

:thup: Two gold stars and a cookie to those who produced it.

If America could only live up to that message. Different ethnicities respected for being who they are.

That makes both you and him wrong and not very credible. Why would I believe that supports your argument anyway? Eastern Texas is not the only area Mexico owned. Check out how much of the US was owned by Mexico. Treaty of Guadalupe-Hidalgo
You can believe whatever you want, but you are still wrong. In this case, your beliefs don't reflect reality.

Even more examples, here is California.

"By 1845, the province of Alta California had a non-native population of about 1,500 Spanish and Latin American-born adult men along with about 6,500 women and their native-born children (who became the Californios). These Spanish-speakers lived mostly in the southern half of the state from San Diego north to Santa Barbara.[30] There were also around 1300 American immigrants and 500 European immigrants from a wide variety of backgrounds. Nearly all of these were adult males and a majority lived in central and northern California from Monterey north to Sonoma and east to the Sierra Nevada foothills."

California

What you are trying to do is propagate the anti-american notion that the Southwest doesn't belong to the US. You are scum for that alone.

You started it.

It doesn't really appeal to me, I don't care about multiculturalism or diversity in of itself. All I care about is individual freedom and the free market. How people chose to use this freedom is up to them, that is what I value most.

I think Coke doesn't have an agenda, but I think they know that losers like you will probably buy their product just because of that commercial, so therefore they made the commercial.

You started it.

It doesn't really appeal to me, I don't care about multiculturalism or diversity in of itself. All I care about is individual freedom and the free market. How people chose to use this freedom is up to them, that is what I value most.

I think Coke doesn't have an agenda, but I think they know that losers like you will probably buy their product just because of that commercial, so therefore they made the commercial.

Since I dont drink soda at all anyway I guess you would be the only loser since you want to buy stock.

Forum List

Back