Viewers Freak Out Over Coca-Cola Super Bowl Ad

no they didnt...

Yes they did.
You had to learn the language and the money or you got cheated, or got taken advantage of and many times robbed.

no they didnt. why do you think they all flocked together? 1st generations are typically multilingual where the 2nd and 3rd are. Learning English is not a requirement to coming to america.

See this is where words are twisted.
I never said it was a requirement.
Everyone learned it without it being a requirement, that is called freedom.
With everyone wanting to speak English is what ties us all together as a nation. Any other way divides us.

Seriously, anyone who doesn't see that as part of their country can just get the fuck out of America. Just leave, K.

Every single new legal immigrant who came to this country through Ellis Island who did not speak English learned it if they wanted to get the American Dream that they wanted.

no they didnt...

at least 95%

stop being so nit picky and face facts

My great-grandmother came through Ellis Island in the 1910s from Poland.

She died in 1996, at the age of 98, barely speaking English.

Pretending that the immigrants of the "good old days" assimilated faster than immigrants today is nonsense.

Yes they did.
You had to learn the language and the money or you got cheated, or got taken advantage of and many times robbed.

no they didnt. why do you think they all flocked together? 1st generations are typically multilingual where the 2nd and 3rd are. Learning English is not a requirement to coming to america.

With everyone wanting to speak English is what ties us all together as a nation. Any other way divides us.
it has nothing to do with freedom you retard. Its a choice and nothing more. English doesnt tie us together.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-movies/coca-cola-super-bowl-ad-angers-conservatives-ar
Glenn Beck and Fox News pundits are among those outraged by patriotic standard sung in seven languages....

The one-minute ad called "It's beautiful" — in which the patriotic standard is sung in seven different languages — was meant to showcase the country's "incredible diversity," in the words of the soft drink company....

But, before the rw's get their phony patriotic rant on, please take note that your heroes got one little detail all wrong.

1150141_10151973646271275_169448713_n.jpg

~

Conservative Americans acting not beautiful.

To those of us who don't watch "Super Bowls" or spend a single dime on Coca-Cola this is simply something that's fun to watch.

Not the commercial - the punch & judy show put on by the pro and con adcorps.

I can see why some are upset with it,

This nation is about diversity of a groups of all nationalities.
What makes it an outrage is that spoken English as well as our Constitution is what we all accepted as one Nation. We all used to accept the actual meaning of the words of our Constitution. We all used to take it literally. It says exactly what it means not what each of us thinks it should mean.
Every single person who came to this country had to learn English and learn the constitution of which everyone had the same interpretation of the meaning of the Constitution.

The left has turned the Constitution into a document that does not mean what it says.
They have made it into a document that fits their ideology and have totally misinterpreted it and have violated it as well as our rights as individuals.

The right has not exactly been following the US Constitution either. I am not saying that to justify anything. I am saying it to point out that BOTH parties have ignored that noble document.

it has nothing to do with freedom you retard. Its a choice and nothing more. English doesnt tie us together.

English and the Constitution do.
This was already talked about earlier, you seem to have miss that.

You are the one who is not understanding that one language plus our constitution does.
Everyone speaking a different language would be chaotic. No one would be able to understand anyone at all.
Spanish would only be with Spanish, Germans with Germans, Italians with Italians.
Arabs with Arabs. This would divide us. Speaking English unites us.

The current left - right kerfuffle over "The Constitution" reminds one of.....

Warring parents arguing over who will have full custody of a child they aborted several years before.

I can see why some are upset with it,

This nation is about diversity of a groups of all nationalities.
What makes it an outrage is that spoken English as well as our Constitution is what we all accepted as one Nation. We all used to accept the actual meaning of the words of our Constitution. We all used to take it literally. It says exactly what it means not what each of us thinks it should mean.
Every single person who came to this country had to learn English and learn the constitution of which everyone had the same interpretation of the meaning of the Constitution.

The left has turned the Constitution into a document that does not mean what it says.
They have made it into a document that fits their ideology and have totally misinterpreted it and have violated it as well as our rights as individuals.

The right has not exactly been following the US Constitution either. I am not saying that to justify anything. I am saying it to point out that BOTH parties have ignored that noble document.

Yes they have and the voters are starting to vote them out who don't.

Take a walk though Brooklyn and you'll see how many 3rd-generation immigrants still speak Yiddish as their primary language.

Are those people who immigrated from Yid?

Standard Disclaimer: Yiddish is a slang form of "Judeo-German" used by Jews in Eastern Europe, it has never been the primary language of any country, or any peoples. German and the Baltic languages were ALWAYS the primary language of those who spoke Yiddish.

What I found far more disrespectful is the idiots posting on FB and in the comment sections of news stories.

You know, those Americans who were outraged that Coke had people singing our national anthem in foreign languages?

Singing the National Anthem in a foreign language is a slap in the face. I would be far more disturbed by that than "America the Beautiful."

These guys are little late getting offended by Coke. This was their big ad from 1971:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2msbfN81Gm0]I'd Like to Buy the World a Coke Commercial - 1971 - YouTube[/ame]

The more I hear about all the rightous indignation going on in this country over just about everything, the more I realize that too many people have just too much time on their hands.

Take a walk though Brooklyn and you'll see how many 3rd-generation immigrants still speak Yiddish as their primary language.

Are those people who immigrated from Yid?

Standard Disclaimer: Yiddish is a slang form of "Judeo-German" used by Jews in Eastern Europe, it has never been the primary language of any country, or any peoples. German and the Baltic languages were ALWAYS the primary language of those who spoke Yiddish.

Yiddish is not a "slang language", it's a dialect - and it was the PRIMARY language of my entire family.

My grandfather doesn't speak a word of Polish, but he grew up (in NYC) speaking Yiddish at home.

And the people I'm referring to - their great-grandparents generally emigrated from various towns and villages in Eastern Europe, where everyone was Jewish, and everyone spoke Yiddish.

Seriously, anyone who doesn't see that as part of their country can just get the fuck out of America. Just leave, K.

Okay Haznonuts, you lead the way.

Don't let the door hit you in the ass.

I had no problem with the commercial. I thought it was inspiring.

Our country is great BECAUSE of our diversity. I'm here to stay.

My comment, which you failed to comprehend, was directed at those who found the commercial offensive.

Yiddish is not a "slang language", it's a dialect - and it was the PRIMARY language of my entire family.

Whatever you say, Sparky.

My grandfather doesn't speak a word of Polish, but he grew up (in NYC) speaking Yiddish at home.

He speaks English though, because it is the language of the nation.

And the people I'm referring to - their great-grandparents generally emigrated from various towns and villages in Eastern Europe, where everyone was Jewish, and everyone spoke Yiddish.

And they also spoke the native language.

That's the point. The very nature of Yiddish is as a second language. There are other aspects that I think are very unsavory, but I'll leave that for another time.

Forum List

Back