Viewers Freak Out Over Coca-Cola Super Bowl Ad

Whether or not there is any consequence will be determined by the next 90 days of Coke's sales figure.

But you'll never see them.

If this commercial outrages anybody enough to not drink Coke, I'm sure Coca-Cola will get over it. If I were them I wouldn't want that person's business anyways.They aren't going broke any time soon.

A lot of businesses used to not want certain folks businesses.

There was Monkey-Ward......
There was Studebaker.....
There was Polaroid....
There was Eastman-Kodak

Coke, on the other hand, demonstrated they did care after the marvelous experiment with "New Coke" bombed. Maybe they CAN be lucky twice.

1610111_10151973648506275_959238451_n.png

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-movies/coca-cola-super-bowl-ad-angers-conservatives-ar
Glenn Beck and Fox News pundits are among those outraged by patriotic standard sung in seven languages....

The one-minute ad called "It's beautiful" — in which the patriotic standard is sung in seven different languages — was meant to showcase the country's "incredible diversity," in the words of the soft drink company....
But, before the rw's get their phony patriotic rant on, please take note that your heroes got one little detail all wrong.

1150141_10151973646271275_169448713_n.jpg

~
Maybe it should be out national anthem.

Yeah, I noticed that when the :asshole: sitting in for MessiahRushie, Mark Swine, spewed this bit of stupidity:

"If you were to sing La Marseillaise in English, the French would beat you to a pulp! To be a Frenchman means to sing La Marseillaise in French. Somehow the idea of singing America the Beautiful in every language known to the Tower of Babel makes America more American, is ridiculous." -Mark Steyn

Last edited:
Love to hear the song translated into English like our Founders spoke. Imagine the cusservatives would complain about that too not even recognizing it :)

Imagining George Washington's "Rule of Civility" just reading that form of English is difficult. Can't imagine having to riddle it out loud. :)

Last edited:
Non issue to me. I drink Dr. Pepper.
A division of Coke!
I believe Dr. Pepper and 7-Up are both owned by Cadbury Schweppes.
Here in NJ it is distributed by Coke.

Distribution

In the United States, Dr Pepper Snapple Group does not have a complete network of bottlers and distributors, so the drink is sometimes bottled under contract by Coca-Cola or Pepsi bottlers. Prior to the initial Cadbury Schweppes investment-turned-buyout, 30% of Dr Pepper/Seven Up products were produced and distributed by Pepsi bottlers, and another 30% by Coca-Cola bottlers. The remaining 40% were produced and distributed by independent bottlers (mainly consisting of Dr Pepper/Seven Up premerger regional bottlers) and the Dr Pepper/Seven Up Bottling Group. Currently, the majority of Pepsi and Coke bottlers bottling Dr Pepper are owned by PepsiCo and The Coca-Cola Company after their buyouts of their major bottlers.

Love to hear the song translated into English like our Founders spoke. Imagine the cusservatives would complain about that too not even recognizing it :)

Imagining George Washington's "Rule of Civility" just reading that form of English is difficult. Can't imagine having to riddle it out loud. :)

Only for the feeble minded - oh wait - this is Delat4 - yes I can see where YOU might have a problem.

I can see why some are upset with it,

This nation is about diversity of a groups of all nationalities.
What makes it an outrage is that spoken English as well as our Constitution is what we all accepted as one Nation. We all used to accept the actual meaning of the words of our Constitution. We all used to take it literally. It says exactly what it means not what each of us thinks it should mean.
Every single person who came to this country had to learn English and learn the constitution of which everyone had the same interpretation of the meaning of the Constitution.

The left has turned the Constitution into a document that does not mean what it says.
They have made it into a document that fits their ideology and have totally misinterpreted it and have violated it as well as our rights as individuals.

You must be unable to read, or perhaps you're just retarded. The conversation isn't about the evolution of the English language. Stay focused dude.

I can see why some are upset with it,

This nation is about diversity of a groups of all nationalities.
What makes it an outrage is that spoken English as well as our Constitution is what we all accepted as one Nation. We all used to accept the actual meaning of the words of our Constitution. We all used to take it literally. It says exactly what it means not what each of us thinks it should mean.
Every single person who came to this country had to learn English and learn the constitution of which everyone had the same interpretation of the meaning of the Constitution.

The left has turned the Constitution into a document that does not mean what it says.
They have made it into a document that fits their ideology and have totally misinterpreted it and have violated it as well as our rights as individuals.

no they didnt...this is a lie

Forum List

Back