🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Virginia gun control law kept AR-15 out of hands of DC shooter

Tyrannical Virginia Gun Law Kept DC Shooter From Buying AR-15

"Aaron Alexis, who was unable to purchase the AR-15 he wanted last week because Virginia law “prohibits the sale of such weapons to out-of-state buyers.” Instead, he bought “a law-enforcement-style shotgun — an 870 Remington pump-action” — which he used in his deadly rampage Monday.
Read more at Tyrannical Virginia Gun Law Kept DC Shooter From Buying AR-15 "

"It’s probably worth noting that Alexis had to pump the shotgun each time he fired, and that the Remington has a standard seven-round magazine. An AR-15, on the other hand, fires a round with each pull of the trigger, with a rate of fire much faster than a shotgun’s, and typical magazines hold 20 to 30 rounds, although higher-capacity magazines — 60 to 100 rounds — are also popular. In the Newtown massacre, Adam Lanza managed to fire 155 rounds in under five minutes.
Read more at Tyrannical Virginia Gun Law Kept DC Shooter From Buying AR-15 "

But, of course, NRA teaches us that laws like this don't work, and that free access to guns saves lives....

Thank God he didn't get one or people might have died.:cuckoo:

If you go to Gunstats.org, you can get the real skinny on the weapon of choice in all documented homicides in the USA.

Here we see that 68% of homicides in the USA are committed via firearms. But it logically follows that a whopping 32% of homicides are committed with something other than a firearm, and it is hard to make a case that removing firearms from the equation would substantially reduce the number of murders. You would have to assume that those who commit murder would choose not to do so if they didn't have access to a gun.

And the among other statistics available at that website is one that the huge majority of gun related homicides are committed with ordinary weapons--hand guns, shotguns, rifles. And though the rare mass homicides committed via 'assault rifles' are horrendous, and invariavly trigger a new round of demands for more gun control, the fact remains that removing all weapons remotely identified as 'assault weapons' from the equation will have little effect on the overall homicide rate.

Given that Americans were just as if not more heavily armed in the early 20th Century, and far more poor then than Americans are now, but the homicide rate was a tiny percentage of what we see now, I suggest we look for cultural and moral reasons for our homicide rate rather than the type of weapons that are used.

Last edited:
If you go to Gunstats.org, you can get the real skinny on the weapon of choice in all documented homicides in the USA.

Here we see that 68% of homicides in the USA are committed via firearms. But it logically follows that a whopping 32% of homicides are committed with something other than a firearm, and it is hard to make a case that removing firearms from the equation would substantially reduce the number of murders. You would have to assume that those who commit murder would choose not to do so if they didn't have access to a gun.

And the among other statistics available at that website is one that the huge majority of gun related homicides are committed with ordinary weapons--hand guns, shotguns, rifles. And though the rare mass homicides committed via 'assault rifles' are horrendous, and invariavly trigger a new round of demands for more gun control, the fact remains that removing all weapons remotely identified as 'assault weapons' from the equation will have little effect on the overall homicide rate.

Given that Americans were just as if not more heavily armed in the early 20th Century, and far more poor then than Americans are now, but the homicide rate was a tiny percentage of what we see now, I suggest we look for cultural and moral reasons for our homicide rate rather than the type of weapons that are used.
Fox, last I checked, they count suicides in the homicide count. So homicides does not equal murders unless you agree with the self-murder concept. Seems odd.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/uc....-2011/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-11

Note the largest sections are "other" not specified and unknown.

Last edited:

Fox, last I checked, they count suicides in the homicide count. So homicides does not equal murders unless you agree with the self-murder concept. Seems odd.

FBI ? Expanded Homicide Data Table 11

All the statistical sources I've used over the years reported suicides separately from homicides.

But if you can find better stats than what Gunstats.org offers, feel free to put them out there if you think it makes a point that contradicts the conclusion I drew from the Gunstats statistics.

What purpose does it serve you to lie about what I believe?

Do you get accolades from the idiots? Do you think that approval from idiots is anything other than the fact that you think and speak in a way that idiots appreciate?

If you don't believe that people should be denied the opportunity to buy a gun because they might do something bad you must oppose all background checks that are not based on actual criminal convictions. since you don't, I am not the one lying.

You're the one who believes in having no government at all, so you don't believe in government imposed background checks for any reason under any circumstances.

You keep confusing me with the voices in your head.

What purpose does it serve you to lie about what I believe?

Do you get accolades from the idiots? Do you think that approval from idiots is anything other than the fact that you think and speak in a way that idiots appreciate?

If you don't believe that people should be denied the opportunity to buy a gun because they might do something bad you must oppose all background checks that are not based on actual criminal convictions. since you don't, I am not the one lying.

Disqualifications for mental health reasons do not require criminal convictions.

No, they require a judge to rule that the guy might do something stupid so the state can pretend it is being nice by taking away his rights rather than getting him the help he needs.

FBI ? Expanded Homicide Data Table 11

All the statistical sources I've used over the years reported suicides separately from homicides.

But if you can find better stats than what Gunstats.org offers, feel free to put them out there if you think it makes a point that contradicts the conclusion I drew from the Gunstats statistics.

I linked to the source of your site's stats above. If you look at the actual data you will see a very large portion are unknown causes. Could be suicide.

Additionally if you look over the stats you will see pistols are #1 with knives blunt instruments fists... then way down you get rifles and shot guns. Rifles and shot guns are not good for suicides unless you want to use your toes. If you have a gun.. well never mind. The point is the weapon selected is one of convenience, not utility. Pistols are small and work well. So are knives. That's why knives are much more likely to be used than long guns and shotguns. Otherwise, if it was all about gun powder I would expect to see pistols then shotguns then rifles then... knives and blunt instruments... but that's not shown in the statistics. Even though the number of rifles and shotguns out there is MASSIVE.

Forum List

Back