Virginia gun control law kept AR-15 out of hands of DC shooter

One miss with a 9 projectile shotgun shell is 9 misses. One miss with an AR15 leaves 8 more chances to hit the target.

You people are really losing it.

In close quarters, a "miss" with a load of buckshot SIMPLY DOES NOT HAPPEN! Shotguns were nicknamed "room brooms" for a reason!

One miss with a 9 projectile shotgun shell is 9 misses. One miss with an AR15 leaves 8 more chances to hit the target.

In close quarters, a "miss" with a load of buckshot SIMPLY DOES NOT HAPPEN! Shotguns were nicknamed "room brooms" for a reason!

You're an idiot. At short range the pattern of a round of buckshot is less than a foot in diameter. If your aim is off by a foot and a half, the whole load goes into the wall.

Which PROVES he could have bought an AR-15. He had a Government form of ID. He is a Contracted on a Naval base. Virginia law per your quote does not bar a US Citizen or legal resident from buying an AR-15.

He got into the base by using someone else's card.

Since he was there on business and it's highly unlikely anyone walks around with their birth certificate, that post is correct that the law stopped him from getting the AR.

He was a Contractor on the base he had Government ID. Further the store specifically stated he did not ask to buy an AR-15.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's been widely reported that he RENTED the AR-15 to fire on the range, and decided to buy the shotgun instead.

If he could rent it, that means he could have bought it, since Virginia - I believe - does not differentiate between the two in regards to requirements.

Where's this dimwit getting the idea that the guy didn't have his own ID and security clearance? Christ, that's been all over the news, that the military let a paranoid schizophrenic have security clearance.

What is the use of laws if the cops and other authorities refuse to do their jobs? This nut called police 6 weeks ago and told them he was hearing voices. He should have been taken right to a mental hospital. Also the cops reported this to the Navy. Yet they didn't do anything about it.
We can thank the libs for him not being taken to a mental hospital. As for the Navy?
Actually you have Mr. Conservative, Ronald Reagan, to thank for it. Because he closed all the mental hospitals, including any of those which could have accommodated Aaron Alexis and other mass shooters in the past -- and those who might emerge in the future because there is no place to properly contain them. Ronald Reagan dumped thousands of crazies onto the public streets.

Ronald Reagan, The Man From General Electric, a professional faker and tool of the corporatocracy, was one of the worst things that ever happened to this Nation.
Really? Ronald Reagan could write laws as President?

Who knew.

Funny thing is, deinstitutionalization was hailed as a prime example of "liberal compassion" over "conservative cruelty" - because conservatives were hateful enough to think people should be "locked up" when they're mentally ill, instead of "compassionately" mainstreamed into society - for decades, until people started noticing that the recipients of all that liberal compassion were living under freeway overpasses and sleeping on sidewalks . . . and, of course, going on mass killing sprees.

Actually you have Mr. Conservative, Ronald Reagan, to thank for it. Because he closed all the mental hospitals, including any of those which could have accommodated Aaron Alexis and other mass shooters in the past -- and those who might emerge in the future because there is no place to properly contain them. Ronald Reagan dumped thousands of crazies onto the public streets.

Ronald Reagan, The Man From General Electric, a professional faker and tool of the corporatocracy, was one of the worst things that ever happened to this Nation.

Who knew.

Funny thing is, deinstitutionalization was hailed as a prime example of "liberal compassion" over "conservative cruelty" - because conservatives were hateful enough to think people should be "locked up" when they're mentally ill, instead of "compassionately" mainstreamed into society - for decades, until people started noticing that the recipients of all that liberal compassion were living under freeway overpasses and sleeping on sidewalks . . . and, of course, going on mass killing sprees.

actually President Reagan signed into law the Medicaid Home and Community-Based Services Waiver (Waiver) program

which made available more and better services for the mentally and physically disabled

He got into the base by using someone else's card.

Since he was there on business and it's highly unlikely anyone walks around with their birth certificate, that post is correct that the law stopped him from getting the AR.

He was a Contractor on the base he had Government ID. Further the store specifically stated he did not ask to buy an AR-15.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's been widely reported that he RENTED the AR-15 to fire on the range, and decided to buy the shotgun instead.

If he could rent it, that means he could have bought it, since Virginia - I believe - does not differentiate between the two in regards to requirements.

Where's this dimwit getting the idea that the guy didn't have his own ID and security clearance? Christ, that's been all over the news, that the military let a paranoid schizophrenic have security clearance.

there was nothing stopping him from buying an ar if he wanted one

he chose not to for whatever reason

any other story as to why he didnt is a fabrication by the leftists

Are the Barking Moonbats REALLY trying to make a case that less people died because of Gun Control?

Oh, Puh-lease.

I thought they were trying to make the case that it's better to be killed by a shotgun than an AR-15. :eusa_eh:

Now I'm confused.

that is a touchy subject with the left

they also appear to believe that it is better for a 100 thousand people to die in

Syria by being blown apart by bombs rather then being gassed

Nobody, which is the way I like it. You, on the other hand, want to ban everyone from buying one on the basis of what might happen.

What purpose does it serve you to lie about what I believe?

Do you get accolades from the idiots? Do you think that approval from idiots is anything other than the fact that you think and speak in a way that idiots appreciate?

If you don't believe that people should be denied the opportunity to buy a gun because they might do something bad you must oppose all background checks that are not based on actual criminal convictions. since you don't, I am not the one lying.

You're the one who believes in having no government at all, so you don't believe in government imposed background checks for any reason under any circumstances.

Nobody, which is the way I like it. You, on the other hand, want to ban everyone from buying one on the basis of what might happen.

What purpose does it serve you to lie about what I believe?

Do you get accolades from the idiots? Do you think that approval from idiots is anything other than the fact that you think and speak in a way that idiots appreciate?

If you don't believe that people should be denied the opportunity to buy a gun because they might do something bad you must oppose all background checks that are not based on actual criminal convictions. since you don't, I am not the one lying.

Disqualifications for mental health reasons do not require criminal convictions.

You're an idiot. At short range the pattern of a round of buckshot is less than a foot in diameter. If your aim is off by a foot and a half, the whole load goes into the wall.

but the spread for an ar-15 is like a quarter of an inch. a lot greater chance you will miss

The nuts around here are now against any background checks whatsoever, and now against anyone with mental issues being denied the right to buy a gun

YOU NEED TO STOP WITH THE FUCKING LYING!

Dumbass.

Do you support background check requirements for private sales of guns?

not until liberal gungrabbers start to show a willingness to be reasonable and actually show they have a little faith that background checks will even work. if you really believe in it, present something like this. background checks required for all sales but if a person passes no limitation as to what they can own or capacity of the magazines

Still not buying that CBS and the New York Times story is wrong, although I will be the first to acknowledge it if either print a retraction.

As far as I am concerned, this is a gun law that worked. Another point I would make is that that, even if a shotgun was more dangerous than an AR-15 with a 100 round drum, the story indicates that he bought the shotgun BECAUSE they insisted that they would have to ship the AR-15 to Texas, which tells me that both of these dangerous guns should have been subject to the same gun control laws. As to the issue of federal vs state laws, I see no common sense in a legal system that says that a person in DC can drive 5 miles to Virginia to buy a gun which DC denies him. We learned in Georgia in 1865 that there is a very real and firm limit on State's rights.

ok dude, so now that it has been validated the stories are wrong and he didn't try to buy an ar-15 are you willing to admit you were wrong?

Last edited:
No. It's just you.

The nuts around here are now against any background checks whatsoever, and now against anyone with mental issues being denied the right to buy a gun

YOU NEED TO STOP WITH THE FUCKING LYING!

Dumbass.

Like it has been pointed out, liberalsim IS A LIE. It's founded on bullshit failed progressive policies. It's rejected more often than not when it's exposed, and has to be forced on people. Liberalism is the biggest lie ever told, and the biggest idiots in the world know it's a lie but promote it anyway.

Still not buying that CBS and the New York Times story is wrong, although I will be the first to acknowledge it if either print a retraction.

As far as I am concerned, this is a gun law that worked. Another point I would make is that that, even if a shotgun was more dangerous than an AR-15 with a 100 round drum, the story indicates that he bought the shotgun BECAUSE they insisted that they would have to ship the AR-15 to Texas, which tells me that both of these dangerous guns should have been subject to the same gun control laws. As to the issue of federal vs state laws, I see no common sense in a legal system that says that a person in DC can drive 5 miles to Virginia to buy a gun which DC denies him. We learned in Georgia in 1865 that there is a very real and firm limit on State's rights.

ok dud, so now that it has been validated the stories are wrong and he didn't try to buy an ar-15 are you willing to admit you were wrong?

If he does, I'll eat my hat.

Who knew.

actually President Reagan signed into law the Medicaid Home and Community-Based Services Waiver (Waiver) program

which made available more and better services for the mentally and physically disabled

It's not that deinstitutionalization doesn't have benefits for many people, particularly given the improvements in medications and treatments for many mental conditions in recent years. I don't ever mean to imply that. But I find it amusing that leftists bragged for decades how much more "compassionate" they were than conservatives because they wanted to release mental patients from hospitals to live in the community, and now that it's become apparent that those policies went too far and left people with problems severe enough to make them a danger to themselves and others without support or oversight, they want to blame it all on the people they USED to claim just wanted to lock everyone up and forget about them.

Are the Barking Moonbats REALLY trying to make a case that less people died because of Gun Control?

Oh, Puh-lease.

I thought they were trying to make the case that it's better to be killed by a shotgun than an AR-15. :eusa_eh:

Now I'm confused.

that is a touchy subject with the left

they also appear to believe that it is better for a 100 thousand people to die in

Syria by being blown apart by bombs rather then being gassed

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that death sucks, no matter how it's accomplished.

Forum List

Back