Virginia race too close to call

Not really. Obamacare had a big influence on this race. McAuliffe was poised to win by 5+. Convincingly. But given the meager total McAuliffe is winning by now, it appears that Virginia is a toss up.

Don't sit there and act like this is a convincing defeat. Obamacare weakened McAuliffe in the polls. Had this election been a couple of days later, Cuccinelli would have won. It's like going on a game winning drive, you throw an incomplete pass on fourth and goal to end the game.

I just think McAuliffe is a terrible candidate. VA still lost today.

You and I agree again. As I have said all along...both guys are terrible. In fact, I didn't like any of the candidates further down the ticket either. I think McDonnell being a crook was a factor as well.

Remember, the results will reveal that Americans are swinging towards Republicans in 2014. All solely because of Obamacare. I see a phoenix rising from the ashes of defeat.

Hispanics and blacks are turning Virginia. They want infrastructure, science, tech and education ;)

I don't think the republicans can win nationally this state anymore. NOT THE SHIT PARTY.

moron, it is the DC workers, which are as far from your blah-blah-blah as it can possibly be.

I wouldn't read too much into this election. Again, both candidates were terrible. The only thing surprising is that McAuliffe and the Dems outspent Cuccinelli 10:1.... and per the polls, was expected to win by 6%. I would say this probably doesn't bode well for the 2014 mid-terms...but of course, a lot can happen between now and then.

Democrats have to be nervous tonight. Obama and the Clintons pulled out the stops on this one. Obamacare and Hillary are toxic.

The AG vote is pretty close, if the Democrat wins, it's a very big deal. Women were a factor in the VA races. You're going to have to deal with this going forward. Women and the Shutdown will be factors in the Fall.

Democrats have to be nervous tonight. Obama and the Clintons pulled out the stops on this one. Obamacare and Hillary are toxic.

The AG vote is pretty close, if the Democrat wins, it's a very big deal. Women were a factor in the VA races. You're going to have to deal with this going forward. Women and the Shutdown will be factors in the Fall.

NEITHER was a factor.

at all.

I live here. Both were zero factors.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vox

NEITHER was a factor.

at all.

Women turned out for McAuliffe 50-42%. You're so stupid.

The Obamacare rollout has harmed this dem tonight and when the people start seeing the actual impacts of the ACA next year, the R’s will feast come November.

Forum List

Back